Josh Matthews gone from WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
PWInsider.com has heard from several sources that Josh Mathews was let go over the last 24 hours. His profile has already been removed from WWE.com, although the company has not yet acknowledged his departure. His profile is now in the alumni section of the website.

Mathews has been with the company since the original Tough Enough reality series on MTV and had been doing announcing as well as hosting the WWE Network's Raw, Smackdown and PPV Pre and Post Show panels.
I always liked Josh Matthews so I am sad to see him go.

Fanged Fury

This saddens me. He was always one of my favorites and I enjoyed seeing him evolve overtime. He started off as a naive little interviewer, had a few good matches, and then he turned into a serious reporter and broadcast partner. I wonder why they decided to let him go. I also got to meet him in the hotel of the Marriott, which was right next to the arena for Smackdown. He was pretty cool.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
This saddens me. He was always one of my favorites and I enjoyed seeing him evolve overtime. He started off as a naive little interviewer, had a few good matches, and then he turned into a serious reporter and broadcast partner. I wonder why they decided to let him go. I also got to meet him in the hotel of the Marriott, which was right next to the arena for Smackdown. He was pretty cool.
WWE are cutting costs and it's easier and cheaper to get rid of a interviewer/commentator than it is a wrestler.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'd say this shocks me more than the recent batch of talent releases. Hopefully he gets announcing work elsewhere.

Fanged Fury

WWE are cutting costs and it's easier and cheaper to get rid of a interviewer/commentator than it is a wrestler.

Definitely agree there, but I guess I was just hoping it would be one of the newer ones, but the newer ones probably have a lower salary. So Josh does probably get paid a pretty penny. :(

And I agree with LB that he gets something elsewhere. Hopefully like Grisham and Coach, he gets picked up by ESPN. He really is a good broadcaster.

Swinny

Reaction score
He had a good run, long outlasted anyone else from Tough Enough and lasted a lot longer than anyone expected him too I'd say.

The Viper

Reaction score
He was apparently backstage at the TNA NYC tapings last night. I didn't hear he was anywhere on the show (maybe in a backstage segment that wasn't reported) but the dude is quick. I really liked Josh, though. He was very good at his job and took it seriously. He was great on the Raw pre/post shows on the Network.