• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Josh Koscheck joins UFC on Fox analyst team.

The Great Cochrane

Joining the likes of Kenny Florian, Daniel Cormier, Karyn Bryant and Brian Stann as an analyst for the UFC on Fox team is Josh Koscechl, which may very well spell rumours about his future. Kos last fought Tyron Woodley at UFC 167 where he was dominated en route to a first round knockout loss.

Koscheck will officially make his debut as an analyst at UFC Fight Night 47 which features Light Heavyweights Ryan Bader and Ovince St-Preux in the main event in Bangor Maine next Saturday, he will also join Florian, Bryant, and Dominick Cruz at the weigh in prior to the event.

Following a lobsided unanimous decision loss to then champion Georges St-Pierre which caused him to suffer a broken orbital bone, Koscheck returned at UFC 135 and knocked out former champion Matt Hughes in the first round, then posted a less than impressive split decision win over Mike Pierce.

After defeating Pierce in less than thrilling fashion, Koscheck faced current champ Johny Hendricks in the co main event at UFC on Fox 3 in May 2012. After pulling out of a scheduled bout with Jake Ellenberger at the ill fated UFC 151, Koscheck has dropped two first round knockouts in a row to Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley.

Welcome to the team Josh Koscheck.

[video=youtube;cW6ACCu7q8U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6ACCu7q8U[/video]

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: BJPenn.com

------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting little tidbit here, I've heard rumours that he wants to complete his contract and fight out his last two fights. I don't know, Kos really thrilled me as a fighter nor a person, but I have to admit; it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the analyst table though.

Swinny

Might be a good transition for him to make at this point. He's 36, lost his last three fights, first round knockouts in the last two and didn't look good in either. Still think he might have something to offer though, he did just go to a split decision with Hendricks before that that some think he won. I'd like to see him against some up and coming guys if he decides to fight again because he's still a name guy's can make their name off of.

The Great Cochrane

Might be a good transition for him to make at this point. He's 36, lost his last three fights, first round knockouts in the last two and didn't look good in either. Still think he might have something to offer though, he did just go to a split decision with Hendricks before that that some think he won. I'd like to see him against some up and coming guys if he decides to fight again because he's still a name guy's can make their name off of.

For two fights remaining on his contract I don't think that would make the most sense for him. Koscheck vs Brown could be rather interesting.

The Great Cochrane

I'd like to see like a Koscheck vs. Maia fight or something like that.

Ew, that'd be such a boring fight.

Both of them have very predictable stand up games, and their grappling pedigrees would negate each other and force them to fight it out on the feet.

Swinny

Ew, that'd be such a boring fight.

Both of them have very predictable stand up games, and their grappling pedigrees would negate each other and force them to fight it out on the feet.

Not necessarily. I'd just want to see if Maia could submit Koscheck.

Kos needs a fight where the most likely option isn't him getting knocked out again. :p

The Great Cochrane

Not necessarily. I'd just want to see if Maia could submit Koscheck.

Kos needs a fight where the most likely option isn't him getting knocked out again. :p

Oh my, Swinny.

Koscheck vs Ellenberger could raise some eyebrows, more than likely Kos would get KO'd though for all he does is throw overhand rights and that Ellenberger is an effective counter striker.

Swinny

Koscheck and Ellenberger actually might be the perfect fight. Gives both guys a chance to get back on track (also gives Koscheck a chance to get knocked out again, but eh, Ellenberger really, really needs a great performance)