Josh Hartnett Wishes He Had Accepted Christopher Nolan's Offer to Play Batman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Josh-Hartnett-Batman-Begins-Dragonlord.jpg

Back in the early 2000s, Josh Hartnett was on Hollywood's radar to become the next big thing. The only problem is he had no desire to become a Hollywood star. He turned down opportunities to become Spider-Man, Superman and Batman. "I somehow knew those roles had potential to define me, and I didn’t want that. I didn’t want to be labeled as Superman for the rest of my career. I was maybe 22, but I saw the danger,” he told Details in 2014.

"I’ve definitely said no to some of the wrong people," Hartnett admitted to Playboy. "I learned my lesson when [writer-director] Christopher Nolan and I talked about Batman. I decided it wasn’t for me. Then he didn’t want to put me in The Prestige. They not only hired their Batman for it, they also hired my girlfriend (Scarlett Johansson) at the time."

"That’s when I realized relationships were formed in the fire of that first Batman film and I should have been part of the relationship with this guy Nolan, who I felt was incredibly cool and very talented," Hartnett added. "I was so focused on not being pigeonholed and so scared of being considered only one thing as an actor. I should have thought, Well, then, work harder, man. Watching Christian Bale go on to do so many other things has been just awesome. I mean, he’s been able to overcome that. Why couldn’t I see that at the time?"

Too bad that it took him this long to figure out that good actors don't let superhero roles define them. Hartnet pledged, “I know now that I wouldn’t turn something down just because it’s a superhero role.”

This is what happens when you take being an "actor" far too serious and get too full of yourself.

Guy would've had a better Batman voice tho, not talking like a grandma who smoked 3 packs at bingo everyday,

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Kind of a "No shit Sherlock" moment in hindsight. Didn't want to be Batman because that's all he'd be known for when all he's known for is Pearl Harbor anyway :TI:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He did do Lucky Number Slevin.....will always have that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I did enjoy him in Black Hawk Down as well. He's a solid actor and I think he would have been a good Batman but turning that down is a sin in my eyes. You never pass up the chance to be Batman even if it's for some shitty Halloween party.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't really see him as Batman personally. I guess his career has faded so you might say he might have benefitted from it. Still at least he has had a lot of freedom to do what he wants. He was good in Penny Dreadfuls. Odd to say that he didn't want to be defined as a superhero because all he had to do was play Batman, if he didn't want to play any of the others then he could have said no.