Jonathan Coachman...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TKO

Reaction score
Is it just me or is Jonathan Coachman doing a poor job as a commentator

Maybe him and Michael Cole just don't mixs

HHHforever

Reaction score
He's not a color guy. I think he'd be a good anchor commentator, but as a color guy or analyst no he's not that great. He's just not assertive enough. Sometimes I'll be watching a match and you'd think Cole would be announcing by himself. He supposedly announced for MSG TV and I think he'd be great in that role. I also think that if he was with a JBL or something as an anchor he'd be better. So yea in the role he's in now he's doing a poor job, but they're missusing him imo.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
The man has a good voice and a good character to actually be a decent commentator but without a constant script he's useless.

I actually liked Coach but now I despise the man. His poor commentating is really dragging Smackdown to the ground .

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I've also always liked Coach for the most part. I think that if he chooses he'll be a great announcer for other sports. Again though not as a color man or an analyst, as the anchor, he has a good voice and ability for that. He's just not a color analyst.

the dark knight

ya know....say all you want, i still like the guy. sure, he's not a great color commentator, but i still like him. smackdown on general is corny anyway, dont blame him.

eggthief

Reaction score
It´s still better than his fued with Hornswoggle, though I do miss jbl.

John

At WM he only commentated one match. the main event where he said what a submission move and goodnight everyone. he is definately not as good as JBL or even Tazz.

MRC

Reaction score
^^^no doubt about it....he isnt even close to tazz and i think JBL is better than tazz...Coach coming in and taking JBL spot was to big of shoes to fill for him

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I don’t know I think he has his moments of greatness but JBL is a tough act to follow, I was reading JR’s blog a couple weeks back and he suggested that Michael Cole and Coach should go over the commentating plan on the off days they have and bounce things off each other so it runs a lot smoother and comes across better on TV. That would help a lot with their chemistry.

Evil Austin

I know Jono and Cole are two journalists and interviewers they can't make one of them a color commentator when neither of them have been in the ring more than twice or three times. Heck last week on smackdown i couldn't tell in Jono was heel or face at one time he was agreeing with cole and another he was being heel ? WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING ?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^He's tweener, which I don't like. Ever since he becamse a commentator over there he became tweener. He shows respect to a lot of the faces, but sides with a lot of the heels. Similiar to King, but coach is a lot more tweener than King, King's more face.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Coach was awesome in....2004? (I think) when he was with Al Snow vs. Ross & King. Coachis a way, way better character and commentator when he is heel. Turn him as the 'bad guy' commentator and he'd be the best in WWECW

circle

Reaction score
I can't stand the Coach, but at least he tries. I really don't know how to fix Mr. Coachman and his commentating issues.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Yea he is doing a really bad job. I thought it was hilarious that Michael cole made fun of him. Michael cole is usually the one being made fun of.

fteezy

Reaction score
he's iight.. not the best but it takes time to get good at a spot like that.