Johnny Nitro - New ECW Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

cmpunk2007

Reaction score
Nitro had no chance in hell to being the champion. This was supposed to be where Benoit wins the ECW Championship and brings ECW to elete status again. Benoit was a great wrester for the industry. He was one of the best of all time.

To the part that I still don't understand, he missed the PPV on Sunday due to family issues. What I have read so far is there most likely was a gas leak that killed Chris and his family. They had to smell this at one point, why in the hell would you NOT leave your house?

Beniot you will be missed. Nancy (Woman) in WCW you will not be forgotten either! Chris now is reunited with his best friend Eddie Guerrero.

Finally Nitro has no chance of hanging on to the belt. One month or less and CM Punk will take the Title belt.

Sting!

Reaction score
Theres not a whole heap worth giving the title too.
To be honest That title has as much meaning as the crusierweight title.
Its a stepping stone for somebody like nitro to show hes game and has the potential for a future success.

tommyboi65

Reaction score
Ill be rooting for king booker too.

Nitro is a good option as heel champs are more interesting

Yes, in todays WWE . He came a long way from Tough Enough. First was that Stint as Bischoff's go fer on Raw ,where he got the Nitro name. Then trhe OVW stint where & Melina & Joey Matthews really gelled as a team & got the call up to Smackdown..

My pick though,had he not gone to Raw is Sandman. I'm all about the Originals..

But I think he will rise to the occasion. & hes a homegrown Star ,thats why he won

Shunekas

Reaction score
but johnny nitro cant be like john cena or edge!! it just luck to him because lashley was drafted to raw :)

Reaction score
he may not be the best choice....but Punk aint' getting the title yet....so this is a more logical choice...true this year has been crap for him but he can be great and we'll see that because he's gonna have no choice but to step up

reaction

Reaction score
Nitro deserves the title as before he got it he was underrated facing all these jobbers and now he can prove himself like he did to me at Vengeance

Great One

Yeah... Nitro sounds like a little girl on the mic... But on the other hand Matt Striker is brilliant on the mic... hint? Matt Striker becomes Nitro's bitch/manager/mouthpiece. Perfect combination.

3lions

Reaction score
I love the idea of Striker becoming Nitro's manager. He is great on the mic and his selling ability is up there with the best (for when Punk beats his ass after Nitro bails from the ring ...). Also, Striker's history with Punk during the New Breed feud could be brought into this feud. Good idea.

Truth

Reaction score
I disagree with that. I think Nitro is improving his mic skills, his promo last night didnt have me making fun of him, it was pretty good. He has really upped his game since winning the title as he seems pretty credible now, especially after that 20 minute match with Cena. He has upped his ability as a Heel I beleive and should not have a manager as he needs to improve his mic skills now, not ignore it if he wants to be a ME'er and since he's on ECW this is the perfect time. Punk/Nitro feud will be great, the matches will be sick and even the feud as itself will be really fun to watch. It will also develope to future Main Eventers with Punk maybe winning it.

Punk4Life

Reaction score
My veiw on this is that Nitro should not have been made champion.

ECW TV has been used for weeks and weeks to build Burke, Cor Von, Punk and even Kevin Thorne so why put the strap on a guy who has just arrived there and done nothing to deserve it? there is no logical reason in my eyes.

Cor Von would have made an excellent opponent as would Burke and those two guys could have stood on the main stage at Vengance and carried it off to a top notch standard.

As it goes im looking forward to bouts between Nitro and Punk although i hope the other ECW wrestlers get moved up to the positions they've worked for soon.

edge&christian4ever

Reaction score
I think it was smart to put the title on Nitro because of the simple fact of who else do they put it on. I think you will see Nitro defeat Punk again soon and then some star will show up on ECW and challenge and defeat Nitro and then have a fued with Punk. My suggestions are Finlay, or Kane, or even Shelton Benjamen.

Reaction score
Nitro needs this push. Jobbing with Dykstra on Raw and Heat was a disgrace to them both. Nitro could give a decade as a top tier heel in the wwe. I hope this is the start of a good run. However, I think this proves that ECW is little more than a development show now.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
im very glad Nitro got the title. it was the push he needed to put him up top. but they screwed it up a little by having him lose to Cena on ECW. whats with WWE and Cena winning. if it had been burke or punk or someone i woudltn have minded as much. but to have Cena beat the ECW champ on his own show, with no storyline involvement, defeats the purpose of pushing Nitro to the top.

Xtreme Fighter

Reaction score
Let's go back and look at all the champions of ECW

Taz, Bam bam, Sandman, Show, Sabu, RVD, Dreamer, Lashely, and then Johnny Nitro?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Choosing Nitro over Cor Von, Burke, and Thorn was a stupid decision

I would rather see ECW dead then have Nitro as their champion

But Nitro is gonna lose that title soon to CM Punk anyway

PeepShow

^And that suprises you why?

Its WWE for crying out loud.....not the WWF.....they cant produce that kinda good stuff anymore.....lol