Johnny Gargano says WWE regime change made return a no-brainer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
031_raw_090122022dg_13255--c8549df1f5c2904e3ccfc56b02c73546.jpg

Johnny Gargano says that after Paul "Triple H" Levesque took over as head of WWE creative, he knew there was only one company he wanted to sign with.

Gargano appeared on an episode of Out of Character released on Wednesday and was asked how soon he began talking to WWE about coming back following the company's recent management changes.

"It was pretty quick," Gargano responded. "I'm trying to think of the exact timeline of it cause it went by pretty fast. The one thing I will say is in my downtime, everyone was extremely respectful of my time away. They understood that I kind of wanted to focus on the dad thing for a while."

He continued to say that he has a team around him who had conversations with other companies during his free agency.

"I do have a team around me that were having discussions, that were having conversations different places but as soon as the changes happened, as soon as everything went the way it did, communication definitely increased in abundance."

"I have a different relationship with Hunter and Shawn than a lot of other people. I've known them for a long time now at this point and I've always said they are like my wrestling dads because they are."

Gargano continued to talk about his team having discussions with other wrestling companies.

"There were conversations, for sure. We'd be dumb not to have those conversations, right? Especially given everything that was going on, the uncertainty around everything."

"I watch everything, I'm a fan of wrestling, and for me, it just felt like I wanted to go to the place that not only could utilize me best but also a place where I already have a relationship with Hunter and a relationship with a lot of people backstage. That was the big thing for me, I'm all about relationships, I'm all about the familiarity and as soon as the change happened, I think there was only one option in my head."

"The fact that I could take my time, wait it out, and kind of just pick my spot in the place I've dreamed of working since I was a little kid, it seemed like a no-brainer and it seemed like a home run."

Reactions: Jimmy King