John Morrison's push

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- Following John Morrison's win over Sheamus in the #1 Contender's match at Sunday's Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view, the main event of January's Royal Rumble event is expected to be Morrison challenging The Miz for the WWE Championship.

- Speaking of Morrison's performance last night, many within WWE saw it as a star-making breakout performance. Some compared it to the TLC match that put the Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian "on the map" as top-tier performers. Despite his impressive performance, it really does come down to how WWE management pushes him and it's not a sure thing that he will be treated as a main eventer in the long term.
I missed a good part of that match was his performance really that good?

Baller

Reaction score
It was by far match of the night. Morrison made a fan out of me, lets put it that way.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
His performance was no different than what he usually does.

Anyway, I look forward to him jobbing to Miz at the Royal Rumble. I just hope they're not preparing him to win MITB, that needs to go to Del Rio.

Kylie

Reaction score
Even though I'm still quite behind on WWE, it will be great to see some completely fresh faces main eventing Raw as opposed to seeing the same old few over and over again. Hopefully they plan this well as it could be the standout match for Royal Rumble.

Baller

Reaction score
His performance was no different than what he usually does.

Anyway, I look forward to him jobbing to Miz at the Royal Rumble. I just hope they're not preparing him to win MITB, that needs to go to Del Rio.

His performance was much better, I dont recall a botch at all. He was phenomenal last night.

MITB should not go to Del Rio, he is already getting into the main events as it is. it needs to go to somebody who hasn't main evented a pay per view before like a Miz or a Kane. It needs to get guys into the upper echelon not give it to someone who is already in the main event picture.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
His performance was much better, I dont recall a botch at all. He was phenomenal last night.

MITB should not go to Del Rio, he is already getting into the main events as it is. it needs to go to somebody who hasn't main evented a pay per view before like a Miz or a Kane. It needs to get guys into the upper echelon not give it to someone who is already in the main event picture.

What was so special about it? I watched the entire match and I didn't find it memorable at all.

Actually, it needs to go to somebody who isn't boring as hell. Morrison fits into that category and I'm concerned that if ADR's not there to block it, Morrison will take it. I wanted Del Rio to win the title last night, but he's not touching it before WM, so throw the MITB on him. Del Rio may be in the main events but he's NOT a main eventer.

Baller

Reaction score
What was so special about it? I watched the entire match and I didn't find it memorable at all.

Actually, it needs to go to somebody who isn't boring as hell. Morrison fits into that category and I'm concerned that if ADR's not there to block it, Morrison will take it. I wanted Del Rio to win the title last night, but he's not touching it before WM, so throw the MITB on him. Del Rio may be in the main events but he's NOT a main eventer.

It was an absolutely great match. The spots was fantastic, the story telling in the match was very well done, and it was just exciting from start to finish.

And neither Del Rio nor Morrison will get MITB, they are main eventing without it. Have you ever seen Miz, Jack Swagger, CM Punk in the main event before getting MITB. No you didn't. Guys like Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, should get MITB and will probably most likely.

Kylie

Reaction score

That's because you're entirely against anything to do with Morrison and/or Sheamus so naturally a match with them won't interest you at all. :p

(Mind you I can't comment on the match since I haven't seen it)

Baller

Reaction score
I highly recommend watching it Vixen. it was a great match.

Kylie

Reaction score
I definitely will. Morrison really grew on me when I was watching it regularly but I've missed the last few months since I moved. I'm slowly catching up though. :eek:

AF.

Reaction score
I'm liking this push, let's hope he can get over.

Sheamus was awesome in this match too.

Kylie

Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to be a fan of Sheamus, but again I'm behind with how Raw's going so haven't seen his recent stuff. Has the feud with these two been good?