John Cena/Roman Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Just got done reading a John Cena interview with little relevance other than one question and one answer. "Who's your dream opponent" or something to that effect. Cena's Reply: Roman Reigns, who he then goes on to subtly hint at a future angle with. I'd link it but there's nothing to it other than that. This is an inevitable WWE championship WrestleMania main event match in the next 2-3 years. I just wonder where everyone stands on this match.

Personally I'm interested in seeing how the crowd would react to a Cena/Reigns match. Would Reigns finally be cheered or would Cena finally receive a full baby face reaction for the first time in years?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Cena seems to be the lesser of two evils atm.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
To be honest. Has Cena/Reigns one on one happened before?

It strikes me as the one big singles match WWE still has with the current main roster, possible call ups not included

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Cena any day but i think Roman will be the one he passes the torch to, Ala Rock vs Hogan, Cena vs Rock, etc.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If that match were to happen, Cena would get cheered over Reigns.

ParkinsonsAim

Jobber
Reaction score
Yea I think Cena would easily be the favorite in that match up. I'd enjoy that very much so, as I like to boo both guys. Not sure why.

I don't know what it is about Roman, but I never liked him outside the Shield. Better seen not heard I guess.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
That match is inevitable. It would draw too. I see reigns winning.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
It's a fresh match up.. It would be better than anything they're doing right now.. Cena/Reigns is obviously a match that will happen and the fans will love it

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It would be an amazing match, storytelling wise. I'm not sure how the pure in-ring action would be like, but when the times calls both men can deliver in both ways. It can be like Okada v. Tanahashi or Flair v. Race or even Rock v. Hogan. It would be a match of extreme magnitude and hyped like no other, where no one knew who to like; however, in this case it's who to hate. It's one match that's been held off from TV since Reigns debuted. Reigns vs. Rollins has happened on SmackDown, but Reigns vs. Cena has never happened. It would be a great match, nonetheless.

As for who I think would be presented as the face by the crowd, it would John Cena. Cena has been getting warmer and warmer reactions, and it's come to the point where most people Boo for the fun, and the sour tastes have faded since he isn't the focus for every show. It's a great dynamic, and can be a massive success.

Reactions: edge4ever

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
Probably the most high profile match we can have among the full time roster. All the mixed reactions, criticism and loathing by a reasonable section of the audience aside, it's hard to deny that these two are indeed the two most popular professional wrestlers in the world today by just about each and every global parameter. This program certainly should be treated with caution. Can definitely be an era defining match if done right.