John Cena = Best of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TAA

Reaction score
Cena's not a great wrestler. The only good things about him is that he sells and has a lot of love for the company. I personally don't like him, and I find him boring. I want him to turn heel so he can be at least a little entertaining in the begining. Of course, knowing the WWE, he'll prolly be forced it down our throats, if he were to ever turn heel. Great seller, horrible wrestler.

MikeRaw

Cena's not a great wrestler. The only good things about him is that he sells and has a lot of love for the company. I personally don't like him, and I find him boring. I want him to turn heel so he can be at least a little entertaining in the begining. Of course, knowing the WWE, he'll prolly be forced it down our throats, if he were to ever turn heel. Great seller, horrible wrestler.

Horrible is a bit strong. Anyone who knows anything about wrestling should know that in terms on main eventers, there's been plenty worse than Cena. And I mean plenty.

TAA

Reaction score
Yea youre right, horrible is a bit harsh, but hardly any of his wrestling matches impress me or entertain me. So to me he's a bad wrestler, but to all the little kids he's an amazing wrestler, blah blah blah. To me, he's boring and stale.

MikeRaw

Sorry Mike, but I had to call you on this one:

Name one.

How can I name them when no one's done it yet? What I meant by that is, Undertaker doesn't exactly have the most challenging lines, does he? Be honest now, he's a legend, but it's not the hardest part to do. All his special effects and everything are done for him, the lighting, the costume, etc. All he has to do is deliver the lines, and my point is that, they aren't hard lines to say, or a hard gimmick to do. It's pretty standard stuff.

LKP

^^^^^Your right mike i mean taker has it all done for him. I think kane could pull of the undertaker gimmick. But not taking away taker has been awesome in the ring lately. Well since he has become dark side taker from 2004 onwards. Cena kinda has more of a generic gimmick but he is better than most people would have pulled off his gimmick.

JimmyD

Reaction score
How can I name them when no one's done it yet? What I meant by that is, Undertaker doesn't exactly have the most challenging lines, does he? Be honest now, he's a legend, but it's not the hardest part to do. All his special effects and everything are done for him, the lighting, the costume, etc. All he has to do is deliver the lines, and my point is that, they aren't hard lines to say, or a hard gimmick to do. It's pretty standard stuff.

Mike, it has nothing to do with whether his lines are difficult or stimulating, and everything to do with the fact that he's The Undertaker. A gimmick that has been flirted with many times, but that has only worked once ever. It would just seem as though saying anyone could do Undertaker's thing is blatantly ignoring the fact that it's never even come close to being achieved by anyone bar him.

MikeRaw

Mike, it has nothing to do with whether his lines are difficult or stimulating, and everything to do with the fact that he's The Undertaker. A gimmick that has been flirted with many times, but that has only worked once ever. It would just seem as though saying anyone could do Undertaker's thing is blatantly ignoring the fact that it's never even come close to being achieved by anyone bar him.

What hasn't? A dead man gimmick? List me some attempts by credible people (not Kevin Thorn)? Anyways, all that was meant by it is that his Mic skills aren't tremendous. He's great, but I was comparing mic skills between him and Cena, and like I said, I truly believe Taker's mic skills aren't that great. That's all. Nothing to do with his gimmick, or how good he is, we all know he's one of the all time greats. But I think Cena has better mic skills than Taker, in part due to the fact that Taker never has lines longer than about 5 words.

LKP

My son can pull of the words rest in peace. But what im saying is taker has very limited mic time and he dont do much. Her perfects his character well but when it comes to wrestling he is better than cena. Yet cena is better on the mic than taker. So its an even situation. If you think about it cena and orton do their character better than anyone else could.

Axis

Holy shit people are still saying Cena is a bad wrestler? Cena/Batista, Cena/Hardy, Cena/Jericho and Cena/Orton were some of the best WWE matches of 2008, and Cena was gone for half of the year. I've heard for four years now that Cena isn't a good wrestler, but he is in good matches due to being carried. That excuse being bullshit by the time the Cena/Edge program of 2006 came around.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
yea i personally like cena..hes not as bad as a wrestler and is a good role model..i see cena going down as one of the all time greats..hes been able to beat some of the best in wwe..but i think in order for him to go in the elite..he has to be the man hes never beaten...the deadman taker

JimmyD

Reaction score
What hasn't? A dead man gimmick? List me some attempts by credible people (not Kevin Thorn)? Anyways, all that was meant by it is that his Mic skills aren't tremendous. He's great, but I was comparing mic skills between him and Cena, and like I said, I truly believe Taker's mic skills aren't that great. That's all. Nothing to do with his gimmick, or how good he is, we all know he's one of the all time greats. But I think Cena has better mic skills than Taker, in part due to the fact that Taker never has lines longer than about 5 words.

Mordicai was essentially the same thing. And the lack of attempts only boosts his credibility as an excellent worker of a tough gimmick.

I'm not arguing about who's better on the mic, It just irked me when you said anyone could do The Undertaker thing despite the fact that no one has.

Beer Money Army

I wouldnt call Cena the best of all time.

if he was the best of all time, wouldn't he have ***** match in his career so far? unlike a HBk or a ric Flair.

Airfixx

Not to detract from Cena in anyway but to insinuate that Cena has outperformed the likes of HBK & Jericho on the mic; particularly over the last 12 months is crazy!

Jericho & HBK could rock a Cena-esque promo in their sleep.

Re: Taker..... Less is sometimes more (as the old cliche goes). Also worth noting that on the occasions that Taker does cut a long promo (which are usually pretty sweet, IMO) he stil has to hold down his putting on the 'taker voice'.

DerrickNorth

Reaction score
I like Cena, I think he has improved vastly, and I would put him in my top 100 wrestlers of all time without question, but to say he is that number one guy of all time is blasphemy to men such as Flair, HBK, Heart, and various others