Joe thinks it is good WWE raiding the indies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Samoa-Joe-Raw-4918-1-645x370.jpg

Hey, you know whose fault it is, that your favorite wrestler got bought out? The company he was working for, cause they were too cheap to pay him what he was worth. So he should get paid what he’s worth, and if WWE comes and pays him what he’s worth, that’s on your sorry ass. Get the money right. And start paying these dudes.”

”There are too many crazy talented dudes out there that aren’t getting paid, and if you have a problem with WWE making those dudes rich, you can kiss my ass, cause those dudes deserve to be rich, cause they’re talented as hell”.

“It’s funny because people are like, ‘oh, well that’s kind of messed up,’ No. No. That’s how you win. That’s why they’re the number one company in the world. You go out there and you get the best dudes. You don’t get mad at a tiger for being a tiger.

Source

Reactions: bullyballmm

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I have to agree with Joe to a loose extent on this.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Joe is absolutely right here. Why would hire an indy guy that's barely known or train a total newcomer whenever you can recruit someone that has already proven to be a draw on the indies? Hogging these talents allows WWE to ideally book more entertaining matches while at the same time stripping the indies of big stars, naturally making it difficult to compete. Loyal fans of these guys then will turn to WWE in order to see the wrestlers they grew attached to.

“It’s funny because people are like, ‘oh, well that’s kind of messed up,’ No. No. That’s how you win. That’s why they’re the number one company in the world. You go out there and you get the best dudes. You don’t get mad at a tiger for being a tiger."
Proof Joe has a good head on his shoulders.

Reactions: Solid Snake

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
well put by Joe. I also don't see how people can even complain about things like this. Usually they bitch about the indies being way better than the E, but when the E hires said indie guys to improve their roster, it's a bad thing all of a sudden? They're trying to bring what you like to a bigger stage, what's not to appreciate in that?
Sure, some might not reach the pinnacle as others do but that's because the company's roster is so stacked right now, that you can't make everyone a star. What you can make, as Joe pointed out, are secured paychecks with quite a few royalties added to them (video games, merch, etc.)

Reactions: Crash

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
They're trying to bring what you like to a bigger stage, what's not to appreciate in that?
WWE could limit them in certain ways, such as repackaging them, booking them poorly, restricting their movesets, etc. I don't watch any indy wrestling, so these are just concerns I'd imagine an indy fan might have.

Reactions: 0ctobre

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
WWE could limit them in certain ways, such as repackaging them, booking them poorly, restricting their movesets, etc. I don't watch any indy wrestling, so these are just concerns I'd imagine an indy fan might have.
that's a good shout but if you look at their biggest indie signings such as Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, Joe, Styles, Nakamura, Roode or even everyone currently down in NXT, not many of them got repackaged in a major way. Maybe some name changes here and there which ultimately didn't hurt their already established image like with Rollins, Ambrose or Owens. Rollins was still as much of a crazy ass talented high flyer as Tyler Black, Ambrose is just as much of an odd personality as Moxley (even if toned down a bit) and Kevin Owens is still as much of an heelish asshole as Kevin Steen. But even if you take 1 look at NXT right now, they're not even bothering with repackaging anymore, they're just slightly improving off of what's already there most of the time

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
As a fan I just want good wrestling and historically speaking the wrestlers who put on those matches in the indies and Japan are restricted on the main roster. I mean look at AJ/Nakamura. What should have been a Wrestlemania classic was cut short and stuck with a angle focused on a crazy Japanese man assaulting his opponents testicles at every possible opportunity. 3 matches they've had and not a single decent one it's nuts. With that said I agree with Joe, talented wrestlers might as well cash into WWE and get rich for putting on mediocre filler matches all year long with the occasional decent-to-great match. It's more for less you know?

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Wrestlemania classic was cut short
It was twenty minutes long. It'd be the longest match on the card if it went 21 seconds longer. How can these two not manage to pull off a good match within that much time?

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I agree, getting top indie stars into the WWE is good

It means more people that can make Roman look strong

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
It was twenty minutes long. It'd be the longest match on the card if it went 21 seconds longer. How can these two not manage to pull off a good match within that much time?

When I say cut short I don't necessarily mean the literal length of the match. I feel like they were held back in some by whoever produced the match or Vince himself. We know these two could've done more and they never got out of 1st gear. Their matches since have gotten somewhat better. I don't expect to get the match we should've got until SummerSlam.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
that's a good shout but if you look at their biggest indie signings such as Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, Joe, Styles, Nakamura, Roode or even everyone currently down in NXT, not many of them got repackaged in a major way.
Tell that to Kaval.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
if someone came to me and offered me more money to go to a bigger company, I'd jump. If a bigger company want you, then you are that good to be there. It is a good thing that WWE are signing proven Indie talent.

If it wasn't for the Indies then we'd be watching Vince push bodybuilders and ex-athletes to get himself off, instead we've got the most stacked WWE roster of all time.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
As a fan I just want good wrestling and historically speaking the wrestlers who put on those matches in the indies and Japan are restricted on the main roster. I mean look at AJ/Nakamura. What should have been a Wrestlemania classic was cut short and stuck with a angle focused on a crazy Japanese man assaulting his opponents testicles at every possible opportunity. 3 matches they've had and not a single decent one it's nuts. With that said I agree with Joe, talented wrestlers might as well cash into WWE and get rich for putting on mediocre filler matches all year long with the occasional decent-to-great match. It's more for less you know?

I wonder how much the road schedule affects this. It can't be easy for the guys to go to TV on Monday, house show loops on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, PPV Sunday, then back to TV Monday, repeat 52 weeks a year... Road life sounds brutal. If I was even AJ Styles as great as he is, after 2 1/2 years of busting my ass going through a schedule like that I'd start going through the motions a little bit too.

It affects the amount of time to plan out matches on top of the obvious overexposure issue

Reactions: Jay-Ashley