Jimmy Rave out of ROH?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

I don't have all the details yet but the word going around is that Jimmy Rave, who was under contract to Ring of Honor, has parted ways with the company and will no longer be working for ROH or its sister promotion Florida's Full Impact Pro. I was told the parting was not an amicable deal but I don't know anything beyond that.

Source:Mike Johnson from PWinsider

Discuss!

Montana

Im not sure what to think of this. I mean, he has been gettin hurt a lot, but then again now doesnt seem liek the right time. Could this be a set up? Similar to Vince mcmahon faking his death? Like Rave quits, so show the fans that they actually miss him?? Or the return of the embassy?? Rave's name is gettin mentioned with project 161, but i doubt that. Who knows, maybe he's just done.

ncryan10

Reaction score
and he was suppose to get a major push this year

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I read that too, if it's true, it's a little bit disappointing because there wasn't any angle to write him out of ROH.

Soulpower

Some more info... Its a long read.

Jimmy Rave's departure from ROH is not a storyline angle. He was let go by the promotion and has already received his release, so he's done.

There had probably been some issues brewing for awhile but the final straw was at the ROH event in Deer Park, Long Island last weekend. Rave suffered an ear injury in his match and immediately went to ROH officials demanding to see them as the show was going on. According to numerous sources both in and outside the company, Rave said he was quitting and wanted a release while speaking to two different top officials.

It may have been an incident where Rave was hurt and simply lashing out, but since there had been a history of him being unhappy in recent months backstage, ROH management decided to drop him from the company at that point. The feeling was that the money invested in Rave could be spent elsewhere and give someone else that wanted to be there a regular undercard spot, possibly putting them under a contract.
I believe a big part of the issue from ROH's end was not because Rave wanted his release, but instead of the way he went about demanding it in the middle of a hot building as they were in the midst of producing a live event. There must have been a lot of heat on Rave for that as ROH booker Gabe Sapolsky went as far as to drop Rave from ROH sister promotion Full Impact Pro in Florida, which Sapolsky also books.

There was a belief of several wrestlers that it was just a matter of time before the relationship broke down as it was obvious Rave was hardly the happiest person backstage of late. The decision to let him go wasn't shocking to anyone as Rave was telling others at the ROH event in Edison, NJ this past Saturday that he thought he was about to be dropped.

One source who doesn't work for the company believed that the build-up of injuries suffered by Rave in recent months probably added to the entire situation, possibly because Rave wasn't receiving medical insurance as part of his ROH deal. The source went on to state that the ROH deals are one-sided in favor of the promotion in that they don't guarantee a number of dates for the performers. Of course the difference between ROH and other groups is that the contracts don't restrict performers from working elsewhere, except perhaps competing TV and PPV entities.

There has been some conjecture by fans that Rave's departure is part of a work-shoot Internet angle being produced by the company. That isn't the case.

thedeadite

Reaction score
This is really too bad. I've always liked watching Rave wrestle, and was warming up to his new sans-embassy personality. Wonder if he'll turn up elsewhere anytime soon.

03mnm

Reaction score
Man that sucks Rave was the MVP of the embassy and had a bright future in ROH but these things happen I just hope we havent seen the last of Jimmy Rave.

Rell

Reaction score
It's not a huge loss in my opinion. Jimmy Rave definitely made his mark in Ring Of Honor as a heel but, I feel Jimmy Rave is only as good as his opponent. I think Japan (Dragon Gate) or TNA would be the best decision for Jimmy to make at the moment, WWE likes their guys to have personality, and thats something Rave lacks. Jimmy Rave competed in TNA when it was just an upstart promotion, so It wouldn't surprise me if he makes a return.

I don't even think he was as great a of heel as most people say, in fact he only started to gain heat because people legitimately hated him. Without a mouthpiece like Prince Nana, or a guy like Shelley to go hand and hand with, Rave really loses spark. With that being said, I'm still sad to see him go lol.

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
It sucks that it only took a streak of bad luck to break his morale and send him into leaving the company. He can go to TNA where Russo wants him, but he'll amount to about as much as Sonjay Dutt or Michael Shane.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Iam kinda in agreement with Rell here, it's not that a big of a loss although iam sad to see him go.
You could always see the potential, but really he was nothing special. Someone needs to now step up and fill his spot.

Soulpower

Anyone think that this may be a work.. Related to the whole 161 thing? Judging by some reports, Rave was actually at an ROH show after he left the company.