• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Jey Uso Injured

Twitchy

From Bleacherreport.com
hi-res-e8d57d71a265c3b54c82b61ca6c0f5ef_crop_north.jpg

WWE physician Dr. Stephen Daquino confirmed one half of the former tag team champions underwent a successful surgery last week.

“At WrestleMania, Jey suffered an anterior shoulder dislocation on the left arm, which was later evaluated back in Florida,” Dr. Daquino said. "It looks like [his] return is estimated [at] about six months.”

Uso, 29, had been dealing with a shoulder injury dating back to aSmackDown taping in March. He was able to stay in action through WrestleMania 31 but was reinjured early in the contest, leaving his brother Jimmy to fend for himself for much of the match. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd were victorious in the Fatal 4-Way match, which also included The New Day and Los Matadores.

It'll be interesting to see how WWE Creative plans to handle Jey's absence. The duo, members of the legendary Anoaʻi family legacy, have been paired since their arrival in developmental. They are two-time tag team champions but haven't done much in singles action, which could set up Jimmy for a push between now and Jey's return.

At the very least, there will be a massive gap in the tag team division given the Usos' prevalence since arriving on the main roster.

Will Jimmy get a singles push?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Could do something with Jimmy, but most likely they just wait until Jey gets back. Also explains why Naomi turned, really don't have to keep them all paired up now.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Yeah I can't see Jimmy doing anything alone, sucks for the tag division as they were easily the most popular team

Twitchy

It would just seem weird for them to pull the other off tv. I feel like they will do something with him while his brother is healing.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
The tag division was thrivin' with them. I was hopin' it wouldn't be nearly this long he'd be out, god damn.

Dale

Super Moderator
Well with him being out injured, it kind of feels a bit odd that they would turn Naomi heel and not keep the two as a pair, unless they plan on still running an angle between the two which wouldn't be the worst idea.

Anyway it sucks he's injured because The Uso's have been a consistent shining shining light in the tag division for what seems like the past couple of years or something now and they got pretty damn over aswell for a tag team with literally no mic time. This could also be somewhat of a blessing in a disguise though because while they have been the top team in the division forever now, it felt like they had run out of options for them so by taking a break and letting someone like The Lucha Dragons establish themselves as a new top babyface team, The Uso's will hopefully have fresh challenges and such when they do return.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
I like the New Day but their entire run has been a mess and I don't see them gettin' any or sort of direction or traction with their heel turn.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Poor New Day are damned if they do and if they don't.....too happy....Minstrel show......get mean.....Angry black man.

But if Darren Young says something about rainbows....he's being himself.

Twitchy

I dont mind New day. I just cant do the all sequence color they have been pulling. Its so bland...

Dale

Super Moderator
New Day gimmick was always going to be a bust, they should have just let Big E and Kofi team together without putting them in this shit and they would have been a good addition to the division.

Deezy

DZ PZ
New Day was a bust because people were thinking they were getting the Nation 2.0......that was an actual trend on Twitter.

You think any company would openly promote black power/angry black men in the midst of the whole "black lives matter" movement?? After Ferguson?