Jesse Sorensen Update at Last

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Jesse Sorensen is able to move his arms. He also has feeling in his legs, but as of this writing, has not been able to move them.

Sorensen remains hospitalized in an Intensive Care Unit in Orlando. They are still waiting on results from tests taken last night before they officially diagnose him.

Wrestling Observer

Well he's improving at least. Still in bad shape though, we can only hope he gets better.

Castiel

Reaction score
Man, I never knew it was so bad.... hope he's alright.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
More news on this...

According to ProWrestling.net, Jesse Sorensen suffered an injury to his C1 vertebrae. This is the top vertebrae of the spine and connects the spine to the skull. More information as it becomes available.

Alright, so the original report I read elsewhere said it was a broken C1 vertebrae, though this one says its an "injury". It's possibly a Jefferson Fracture, which, while painful, is treatable as well. The fact that he showed movement in his arms and feeling in his legs is the best news we have to go on so far.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
the lack of any sort of official statement from TNA all day is pretty bad.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
the lack of any sort of official statement from TNA all day is pretty bad.

Well they DID mention that they were going to talk about it on Thursday night, but yeah, I'd expect an announcement on their website as well. There's not a lot of information to go on right now, and most companies like to have things all in place before talking.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
True, but it's still a bit concerning on TNA's behalf.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
They could be handling it better. I was a bit surprised earlier to see Dixie promoting that Super Bowl guy on Twitter when I think everyone would rather have had some sort of update, even a "he's still having tests done" just to give people peace of mind. Seems like priorities have been misplaced a bit.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
They could be handling it better. I was a bit surprised earlier to see Dixie promoting that Super Bowl guy on Twitter when I think everyone would rather have had some sort of update, even a "he's still having tests done" just to give people peace of mind. Seems like priorities have been misplaced a bit.

It's Dixie, no idiotic thing she does surprises me, though to be fair she does need to promote the appearance of Brandon Jacobs given the fact that they're probably paying him more than Sorensen makes in a year. That being said, I don't see how doing something along the lines of what you suggested could hurt at all. Unless she just assumes everyone gets their news from other sources?

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's Jason Pierre Paul appearing I believe not Jacobs...and its a shame about Sorenson hope this isn't a Droz situation..but it is good that Ion has D Lo to talk to about this because I am sure he feels terrible

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

CrimsonTide

Reaction score
I missed the PPV... I completely missed what happened and can't find any video

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I missed the PPV... I completely missed what happened and can't find any video

[video=dailymotion;xomd44]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xomd44_jesse-sorenson-vs-zema-ion_sport[/video]

It's at 1:00.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Yeah Ion sold it pretty well. I'm not really a big fan of TNA pushing these green guys hard but I definitely hope he recovers. Vertebrae injuries are tricky. Sometimes they'll be done forever and other times it takes a while to recover. Or they could magically recover within months like Max Pacioretty.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
TNA have released their own update...

TNA posted the following statement from President Dixie Carter this afternoon:

"Jesse Sorensen has sustained a C1 vertebrae fracture with spinal cord edema. He is slowly regaining feeling and movement in his arms and legs. He wants to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Once we speak to the neurosurgeon, we will pass on more details."

pwinsider

A fracture is a lot better than a break (obviously) but the edema can cause fluid buildup in the lungs, so let's hope they get that taken care of ASAP. Feeling movement is the best possible sign, but he's got a long road to recovery, and potentially a lot of rehab.