Jerry Lawler To ECW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hitman

Reaction score
The reason behind Tazz commentating with Jim Ross on RAW this week was to see how the two would come off together. Word is Vince wanted to break JR and Lawler up for a while now due to the feeling they may be too Southern, which RAW writer Kevin Dunn isn't too big on.

If the two split, Lawler may end up on ECW working with Styles and could wrestle a match every now and then. ECW writer Dusty Rhodes is also pushing for Lawler to come over to ECW.

PeepShow

ROFLMAO times 10000000

Isnt this the same guy who calls it Extremly Crappy Wrestling? If he just goes there and acts normal and doesnt bash ECW, Im gunna laugh my ass off so hard, hell, I am right now

:roflmao:

Kaedon

Reaction score
dont hold your breath on this one...

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Lmao great news!... Not.... lmao Lawler says Ecw= Extreme Championship wrestling ... not good >_>

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
no no no no no I want JBL/JR and Cole/Lawler...that would be 1.alot more logical and 2.alot better.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
WWE needs to learn history and use it in the future. Lawler should never be on ECW but since it is a developmental territory I guess the WWE sees that the old fans have either not watched the show in a long time or are watching TNA or another show. Lawler actually worked in the Old ECW but as an WWE invader. Lawler might be going back to a heel but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one either because I have a feeling it will be nixed. But Lawler and Ross being too southern??? oh god.

3lions

Reaction score
I think it is pretty obvious that a shake up is in order on the Raw Anounce table, but whether Tazz is the answer, I'm not sure. I liked the pairing of JR/Tazz, but would Lawler fit on ECW? If he were to revert back to his heel persona, then yes, good move. But otherwise, no. Like V1 said, JR/JBL would be a great team for Raw, with Cole/Lawler being a good team on SD!, whilst ECW preserves its history.

Reaction score
lawler is the one who has made the most fun of ecw from the very start going back to the mid 90s,it's another final nail in the coffin of ecw to send him there.How many more nails does that ecw coffin need before they bury it already.

Great One

No... VERY bad idea. Announcers need chemistry with each other and no one has better chemistry than JR and Lawler. The ONLY thing that needs to change is that Lawler needs to stop acting face with JR and turn back to his 100% heel commentary, in order for that, people have to stop fucking with him though...

3lions

Reaction score
JR/Lawler are BORING. That tandem got stale ages ago and Raw needs a revamped announce team. JR/JBL or JR/Tazz is the way forward. If need be, but Dusty Rhodes on the ECW announce team. He may not have the history with ECW, but he would bring a good character to the ECW voice.

vickymania

Reaction score
jerry lawyer to ECW?? harr harr..lol..the first night he lands there,he'll have his first match..against Styles itself! lol

MonkeyBarz

Reaction score
Well, whoever ends up commentating on whatever show, this is good news for me. Jr and jerry's act has grown so stale to me, I never realized how much I wanted them split up until last night, because taz and jr was such a breath of fresh air.

Reaction score
I love the idea with J.R and JBL. As for King.. I don’t really care considering that I never really liked him.

Anyway making King go to ECW will be stupid. WWE should know what King said about ECW and sending him there wouldn’t be smart.