Jerry Lawler and fiance arrested, Lawler suspended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Legit Boss

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
lawler_original.jpeg

Jerry Lawler and his fiancee Lauryn McBride were arrested early Friday morning after the two were involved in a violent confrontation at Lawler’s home on St. Nick Dr. in East Memphis. The 66-year-old Lawler and the 27-year-old McBride were both booked into the Shelby County Jail around 1 a.m. Friday.

McBride claims Lawler struck her in the head and pushed her against a stove while Lawler claims McBride scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him and kicked him in the groin. McBride also alleged that Lawler got an unloaded pistol, put it on the kitchen counter and told her to kill herself.

Lawler says McBride was intoxicated and claims McBride is the one who brought the pistol into the kitchen.

WWE has since commented on the situation, stating that Lawler is suspended indefinitely due to the arrest. Their statement is below:

Jerry Lawler was arrested at his home Friday morning by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office in Memphis, Tenn.

According to a police report, Lawler and his girlfriend, Lauryn McBride, were taken into custody and booked on alleged charges of domestic assault—bodily harm, a misdemeanor.

WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I was going to say Lawler isn't even THAT rich... but he is worth 7m... basically makes him the king of Tennessee, right @Snowman ???

Reactions: Legit Boss

TheWUKMaster1

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
wow so i wonder if smackdown will be on sky tonight after this madness

Legit Boss

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
so they will never talk about him so now who will replace jerry in commentary please not michael cole
explain how they will never talk about him? he is suspended, not fired/released, all that will happen is they will find someone for the kickoff show and Smackdown. thats all, until his suspension is complete. if you are really comparing Chris Benoit killing his family then himself to a argument between Lawler and his wife, then you must be really really stupid.

TheWUKMaster1

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
explain how they will never talk about him? he is suspended, not fired/released, all that will happen is they will find someone for the kickoff show and Smackdown. thats all, until his suspension is complete. if you are really comparing Chris Benoit killing his family then himself to a argument between Lawler and his wife, then you must be really really stupid.
Well i hope Renee young does the commentary the first woman commentator

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Thats what their plan is i think, when Lawler comes back, he will get dropped to NXT

NXT? Ehh, not quite sure about that, but I think when he returns, he'll probably be doing stuff on the kick-off and eventually get back to being a commentator on SD.

We'll see, though.