• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

He's probably my favorite face in the WWE right now.When he came back it was exciting but i didn't care much.Mostly because of his wardrobe and the fact that he seemed to think Orton was nothing to worry about.He was way to cocky and face's shouldn't be cocky.Plus it didn't seem like he was doing everything he could to make the fued interesting. That may be the writer's fault i don't know but it still killed the potential of the fued.

So Y2J defeated Orton by DQ and the fued was dead.At the conclusion of the match we saw the return of John Bradshaw Layfield.I thought ok it's great to see The "Wrestling God" back in action but this fued won't be anything special.Well i was wrong. The next night on RAW, JBL celebrated his second coming.Y2J crashed the celebration and the next week on RAW Jericho got his ass beat by JBL.Chris then stopped with the jokes and got serious after JBL called him a coward.Now im thinking Jericho serious? This is going to be boring. But ever since i think Jericho has played the role very well.

It could be JBL that has made Jericho's current role interesting.But either way im a huge fan of Jericho at the moment. So i pray to god he doesn't start cracking lame jokes again because i wouldn't mind at all if he defeated Orton for the title.I don't mind jokes every once in a while but i really want him to stay in his current state.But sadly when his fued with Bradshaw ends it will probably be over.So i hope he stays semi-serious.

Anyways what do you guys think?

the blue meanie

Reaction score
Jericho v JBL is on the rumble repeat now. I actually enjoyed the fight, especially the hanging of JBL. He deserved it after dissing Jericho in front of his kids. JBL does play the bad guy well, and i look forward to seeing what other storylines they have from here.

Reaction score
Jericho deserved much better than he got. I don't know how you fuck up a 2 year return but they did it. The Orton feud should've extended to RR and let Hardy wrestler the champ at Backlash.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I don't like that idea. Personally I don't think Jericho should have just showed up and been in the WWE title picture because I think that all returns should end with the returning guy winning. He was in a situation where we knew he wouldn't win and most people would have been pissed if he had just showed up and got the title. I do not think that feud should have gone to RR. I thought Hardy-Orton was a perfect RR match. It's a big PPV and we weren't sure how Hardy would do in the ME, however it wasn't the most important match of the night so if he sucked ass it wouldn't matter. He didn't suck ass and actually looked pretty good, but I think that match was booked very well. However where they fucked up imo was putting Jericho in a WWE title feud the second he showed up.

chessarmy

Jericho is going to go back to being a mid carder, get pissed BECAUSE he is a mid carder, and then quit

Prime Time

Reaction score
I give Jericho total credit for the role his now, don't mind the fact that he isn't in the title picture right now and the feud with JBL is interesting cause they're kinda both returning stars right? If Y2J isn't in the running for the championship then I hope he feuds with guys like MVP, Kennedy, Matt Hardy, CM Punk the list goes on...

HHHforever

Reaction score
Jericho is going to go back to being a mid carder, get pissed BECAUSE he is a mid carder, and then quit

I compeletely disagree. I think Jericho can do a great job in the undercard, but won't necissarily be mid carder. I think Jericho can have really great feuds that are non-title feuds, which techically are mid-card feuds, but really they'll be main-event type feuds even though they won't be for the belt. After the way they brought him back and the fact that he came back at all means that he's committed and wants to be here so I don't think he'll quit anytime soon. He knew coming in and wasn't going to get a belt immediately so if that was his main goal then I don't think he would have come back at all. So I think he will continue to have great feuds away from the belt and eventually will work his way back to the title picture get either the WWE or WHC title.

Reaction score
^I don't like that idea. Personally I don't think Jericho should have just showed up and been in the WWE title picture because I think that all returns should end with the returning guy winning. He was in a situation where we knew he wouldn't win and most people would have been pissed if he had just showed up and got the title. I do not think that feud should have gone to RR. I thought Hardy-Orton was a perfect RR match. It's a big PPV and we weren't sure how Hardy would do in the ME, however it wasn't the most important match of the night so if he sucked ass it wouldn't matter. He didn't suck ass and actually looked pretty good, but I think that match was booked very well. However where they fucked up imo was putting Jericho in a WWE title feud the second he showed up.

Backlash is not a premiere ppv. The way WWE books title matches now it could've been the third to last match with the same build up.

Jericho absolutely should've been in the title picture. There wasn't anybody at the end of the year. Hell, Jericho should've gotten the courtesy 1 month title reign. I'm a very big Jericho supporter and feel he deserves more for being a great athlete.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well if you're saying that Hardy got that match at Backlash then that would mean he ME'd WM, which imo shouldn't have happened.

Look don't get me wrong I absolutely love Jericho, I was absolutely thrilled when he came back. But, this idea was a courtesy one month title reign? That's absolutely Blue. Giving Jericho the belt would have made Orton look terrible by ending his run and then if he only held it for a month it would also have killed Y2J. I think they should have put in a feud with someone that didn't have the title and let him win that first feud back. That way he could have come out on top to start and he would have looked better. But, in the long I don't think it'll really matter because he's going to be fine. This will be a good feud with JBL and then we'll see where he goes from there.

btman

Reaction score
In the slim chance Jericho wins the Elimination Chamber... I think it would be a good thing.

Jericho Vs. Orton

Taker Vs. Edge (Who else is going to win if Batista doesn't?)

Then Triple H, Batista and Cena (if he's not injured) can wrestle.

H vs Batista
H vs Cena

Either would be good and would make sense.

Lol nvm, they'll put Cena up against Flair because he's "impossible" to beat fairly. Flair retires, everyone hates Cena.

C4

Firstly, Chris Jericho just got one shot at the Championship and they can't just hand him the WWE Title in his first shot, maybe they will do something with him at WrestleMania, just wait for some weeks; he might win the Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out and might go on to WM's Main Event or... it's JBL vs. Jericho.

The JBL/Jericho feud is really good, a big match at WrestleMania. Steel Cage/ Street Fight or something which Jericho wins should end the feud. But after that's over, Jericho should be the Champion once again.