Jericho returning soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The cat appears to be out of the bag concerning the return of former champion as the latest issue of WWE Magazine (cover-dated June 2014) is promoting Chris Jericho as a current WWE Superstar.

Hyping next month’s Money in the Bank pay-per-view event, which takes place June 29 in Boston, Massachusetts at the TD Garden, the new issue spotlights four WWE Superstars with history in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match that have yet to bring down the briefcase. Those Superstars are Cody Rhodes (four appearances), Kofi Kingston (four appearances), Christian (six appearances) and Jericho (four appearances). In the publication’s write-up of Jericho’s history in the annual bout, he is depicted as returning to the ring.

“Already with a Hall of Fame-worthy career, Jericho could still use a win at this event to make us forget about some lackluster recent returns to the ring,” states WWE Magazine. “A contract cash-in would be just the thing he needs to net him a seventh World title also.”

There have been rumblings in recent weeks of a Jericho return to the sports-entertainment organization. On May 7, the Wrestling Observer reported that WWE officials had contacted the 43-year-old about returning to the ring, but he could not commit due to his non-stop schedule. That same week, Jericho spoke to the British newspaper, The Mirror, about his ongoing relationship with WWE where he said that even though a return by him isn’t imminent, it may be on the cards: “I have a good relationship with the WWE and there’s no animosity, but it’s not like we’re calling each other every day finding out what we had for dinner that night.”

When asked directly about a return to the squared circle, Jericho said, “No time soon, I left last July and I’ve been working pretty much non-stop since then between Fozzy tours and doing the new Fozzy record and writing another book and doing my podcasts and a web series. There are a lot of projects in the Chris Jericho pantheon as always. That’s not to say that I won’t go back but I have no plans as of right now, just because I have so much other stuff going on that I’m enjoying. We’ll see, there’s no controversy or animosity it’s more of a timing thing; the timing has to be right for me and right for the WWE as well. When it is I’m sure we’ll both consider me coming back.”

pwmania

Fozzy sucks.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Yeah, let's bring Jericho back to win the MITB briefcase instead of someone who's been working day in and day out and deserves it more... that's exactly what the fans want... I mean it worked with Batista didn't it?

Reactions: Majour

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He should come back and fight Bryan for the title, or possibly win the MITB briefcase but then drop it to someone lke Cody Rhodes.

Reactions: Snowman1

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How would Jericho returning affect his podcast? Because I'd much rather hear Jericho talk about wrestling (among other topics) nowadays than watch him do it.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, let's bring Jericho back to win the MITB briefcase instead of someone who's been working day in and day out and deserves it more... that's exactly what the fans want... I mean it worked with Batista didn't it?

Difference is people legitimately still love Jericho. He's still entertaining, and he's more than willing to put new guys over (so much so that he's pretty much guaranteed to lose matches more often than not), he's not there to hog the spotlight or anything like that.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Difference is people legitimately still love Jericho. He's still entertaining, and he's more than willing to put new guys over (so much so that he's pretty much guaranteed to lose matches more often than not), he's not there to hog the spotlight or anything like that.
And he doesn't run out of breath within his first 5 minutes of walking to the ring and eating a clothesline. :jericho:

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Can't wait for Jericho to return. :smug:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I guess when DB wins the belt back it would be fine to see DB/Jericho for the belt.

iron9567

Jobber
Reaction score
I would have to agree that seeing a Bryan-Jericho feud for the title would be entertaining to watch.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I saw this earlier, I was pretty pumped. Jericho is a lot more entertaining than Batista as a person just to have one match put him over the top, and Batista in the Rumble was a joke coming in at what 27 or 28 can't even recall at least Jericho will have a helluva match in the MITB for a full lengthed match before being back in the main event scene.

Also Snow, Fozzy isn't half bad bought a day pass for like $18 for them at ROTR (rock on the range festival) last weekend.
This song has been a favorite of mine for awhile and hearing them do it nowadays was awesome still.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Love Y2J, but nobody he "puts over" gets much of a real rub anyway these days. I could do without him

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He's gotta pull a Christian IMO.. "Just one more shot.. it's all I need!" except after he gets it and goes on a tiny run and loses it to whomever probably Daniel Bryan or Lesnar at Summer Slam theoretically and actually leaves the promotion.