Jennifer Hudson Reveals She Was Discrimated Against Before She Lost Weight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
former wcw/wwe star to tna?

Shawn "Meat" Stasiak was backstage at the last set of Impact Tapings because he was in town for Mike Awsome's Funeral. He was Talking with people about getting back into wrestling.

Stasiak is 36 years old,but he could easily pass of as 28 years old.Physically he looks very close to how we looked like during his wrestling days.

An Advantage he may have getting into TNA is that Vince Russo pushed him really hard in WCW back in 2000.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Montana

Whoa....i thought he was really young too. I cant believe he's 36.

Im a little surprised he didnt do better for himself in the wwe.

Soulpower

Oh noes! If Stasiak signs with TNA the WWE will surely be doomed, doomed I tells ya!! He was there for Awesome's funeral and to be honest, it would be a dumb move on TNA's part if they signed him, he's never done anything and I'm pretty sure at he's age he won't do anything either.

Wrestling Station

One word to simplify him, He SUCKS!!

TNA needs more creative players as well as they need big names for ratings and drag more fans.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
If he comes to TNA ratings will just jump through the roof for sure

This Guy

I met him once....He lived in Burlington Ontario for a while and came to the EB Games...he has a bigger ego then Hulk Hogan around the fans and thats no lie.

phantomgerald

i hop[e this doesn't happen. hes no better than the current crop of wrestlers

Kairi

Reaction score
Singer Jennifer Hudson has been having a good year, complete with endorsement deals, a European promo tour and magazine covers, however, she recently revealed that people weren’t always so receptive to her image. In an interview with Grazia Magazine, she discussed her weight loss, being discriminated against in Hollywood for being heavy, and how she never thought there was an issue with her fuller figure until she lost weight. She tells the publication:

“Last week I saw some footage of myself as I was five years ago and I was surprised. It was like I recognized myself but I didn’t. It seemed another world away. But in this slim world I do now realize I was being discriminated against. I’m offered more parts. There is much more excitement about me now.â€

On Believing Her Fuller Figure Was Normal

“I never thought I was overweight. I thought my old look was pretty normal. That was how all the girls looked growing up in Chicago. I didn’t have any problem with it. It makes me smile to think back to myself when I did ‘Dreamgirls’ with Beyonce. I did see all these women in Hollywood, all very slim and I thought, ‘Wow, these ladies are very into themselves.’ I loved that I stood out in a room. You knew when you saw this woman it was Jennifer Hudson.â€

On The Benefits of Fitting Into Hollywood

“There have been times when it’s a huge high, like when I walked the red carpet at the Oscars and people were screaming at me. Then I also had dinner with Beyonce and Alicia Keys and they just kept going on and on about how great I looked.â€

She also tells AOL:

The reaction is like a whole new world with the new image. That’s another reason I feel like a whole new person and [at] times … I forget [about] my new image because my mind has not caught up with my physical yet. But everything is worlds-apart different and it’s like being introduced to a whole new world in every single way you can imagine. What I mean is from being on the other side as a plus-size girl versus now you would never know what you’re being discriminated against until you cross to the other side. So now being on this side — people are different. There’s a whole lot more opportunities, people are more friendly.

It’s amazing how obsessed Hollywood is with weight and J Hud is a walking testament of how different people treat you when you have a little meat on your bones. Last April, she told the press, “I’m alright with not being a size 2″. Since then, she’s dropped from a size 16 to a size 6 and is now considered a walking billboard.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SAL

Reaction score
Uh...she didn't get roles because she was big. If that's discrimination, I don't know what to say. I guess I haven't made it into movies because the directors have all been discriminating against my unattractiveness.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Apparently she isn't okay with not being a size 2, lol.