Jeff Jarrett uses GFW to sell pyramid scheme

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I googled "GFW Clarksville" for some results, and apparently it was an invasion angle where the GFW guys were trying to overrun Tried n' True Pro Wrestling. What.
And all the results say a lot about how it's a TNT show, and I can't find results or a card anywhere.
Every bit of this is as Global Force as it gets.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
You know they don't actually run those shows right?
They essentially do. I'm sure they invest in those shows. Have their contracted wrestlers on them, advertise for them, draw a crowd, and help with the pay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They essentially do. I'm sure they invest in those shows. Have their contracted wrestlers on them, advertise for them, draw a crowd, and help with the pay.
lol. GFW contracts are not worth shit. As proven that contracted talent like the bullet club or killer elite squad only worked 1 set of tv tapings then said "I'm out, fuck off Jeff".

GFW is smoke and mirrors. They had one set baseball stadium shows that drew like shit and 2 uk tours that drew like shit.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Be honest though... Isn't this one of the worst times to start up a wrestling promotion?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Is it tho? The talent pool has never been deeper worldwide than it is now. There are so many promotions now around the world drawing crowds in the thousands or just below regularly. And with the internet you have an easier time to connect with fans and get your product noticed.

Hell, GFW could have done like ICW or Progress and set up an on demand service and get fans to sign up for it and release all their supposed shows on there.

Wrestling might not be as big in the mainstream as it was in the 80s and 90s. But it has not had this big a following on a cult level in a long long time.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
lol. GFW contracts are not worth shit. As proven that contracted talent like the bullet club or killer elite squad only worked 1 set of tv tapings then said "I'm out, fuck off Jeff".

GFW is smoke and mirrors. They had one set baseball stadium shows that drew like shit and 2 uk tours that drew like shit.
I would too, if I was a successful, high paid tag team in a country that has a thriving wrestling industry. I wouldn't even have taken the first contract. I think people are expecting a little too much for GFW. They are an indie promotion, they started a year ago. Do you expect a PWG to draw 4,000 or 5,000 people? Hell, ROH can barely draw that many. I have my mind open, and hopes high for GFW.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I would too, if I was a successful, high paid tag team in a country that has a thriving wrestling industry. I wouldn't even have taken the first contract. I think people are expecting a little too much for GFW. They are an indie promotion, they started a year ago. Do you expect a PWG to draw 4,000 or 5,000 people? Hell, ROH can barely draw that many. I have my mind open, and hopes high for GFW.
I expect them to actually run shows if they call themselves a wrestling promotion. Which they dont