• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

The TNA website is teasing that Jeff Jarrett will address the comments that Kurt Angle made about TNA's creative direction in a UK Sun interview on next week's Impact. "According to multiple sources, Jeff Jarrett is angry over the recent comments made by Kurt Angle about TNA in the UK Sun Newspaper," reads the teaser on the TNA website. "Rumor has it that Jarrett - as the founder of TNA - will publicly address these controversial comments on Thursday's broadcast on Spike." To read the full preview, visit TNAWrestling.com.

Source: 24

----------------------

lol, so they are turning this into an angle? I wonder what Jeff is going to say about it, I doubt it will be an actual response. It will probably be something like "if you don't like TNA then get the hell out!" or something along those lines.

Thoughts?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Ha, everyone got worked. Lulz

MikeRaw

Could be ogod. But, angle said some stuff that broke kayfabe, so I think this will be weird, cause he will be acknowledging an interview that broke kayfabe.
I might tune in to see how it works though.

C4

That was kayfabe? :shock:

Come on TNA, you shouldn't break too much kayfabe on Television, makes the fresh product look so pointless and Blue.

"When WCW went out of business, I had a vision... to put younger guys over, when i was injured you carried this company with a fat pay check and I'm the founder of this company and I stole you from another organization"

I feel that's somewhat Blue for TNA at one point or the other, they need to quit breaking kayfabe on Television so often. Use Sting/Jarrett/Kurt's Segment sometime back, in the end Mick Foley cut a short promo... that one.

Travis40

They're trying to get cheap ratings by turning this into an angle...like I said, TNA is now turning into WCW

Soulpower

Not really. Its not the first time that a certain booker uses something from real life and incorporates it into a storyline (Like Scott Hall's battle with alcoholism). Word life, this is basic Russonomics.

Moonlight Drive

^^Fans in the Impact Zone (at least appear to be) INCREDIBLY stupid and gullible.

Jarrett: Kurt doesn't like gimmick matches, we all love gimmick matches right?

IZ: Yay!

Kaedon

Reaction score

Not really. Its not the first time that a certain booker uses something from real life and incorporates it into a storyline (Like Scott Hall's battle with alcoholism). Word life, this is basic Russonomics.

Yeah but everyone thought it was a shoot when it was clearly worked. I mean using a guys real life alcohol addiction is one thing, but this is all based off one interview? You dont think its at least remotely possible that the whole thing is a work?

Evil Austin

so wait if Angle said stuff to break Kayfabe and said stuff that quite frankly the fans being us agree with - does that mean it will be Kurt (face turn) vs. Jeff Jarret (Face) ? feud ?

TheAnswer

Reaction score
This is why I think TNA has been getting better. Their talking about things that might be a little real. Like the whole new school vs old school. And now Jarrett and Angle. I like it, TNA is marketing toward the 16-30 year old range instead of WWE's more childish programs.

Even though WWE is a lot better than TNA, at least their trying to put out good story lines.

hbk4894

Reaction score
maybe his comments werent true maybe jarett asked him to say it to make an angle

Hardcastle

Reaction score
and once again TNA will screw what could have been money...Angle is true, I'm not sure the fans will boo him now..everybody will be confused, they're stupid sometimes..or maybe it's a way to build another gimmick match between them, that would be funny

Travis40

Even though WWE is a lot better than TNA, at least their trying to put out good story lines.

And WWE isn't trying? Look at how the HBK/Y2J fued has evolved...it went from Ric Flair making his announcement on Raw at the end of 2007, to a World Title Ladder Match at Unforgiven, this is one of the greatest storylines I've ever seen imo, it's drawn out and it's just perfect. And lol at you saying TNA is trying with the New School vs. Old School...it's a ripoff of WCW, how is that trying?

WWE is also building the Orton/Manu/Rhodes/DiBiase alliance for about a month now, soon Orton should be officially announced as the leader and this will form Evolution 2...WWE is getting better and better each week, while TNA continues to blur the line of real life and storyline. If it didn't work 8 years ago, why in the hell do they think it would work now?