Jeff Jarrett TNA Heel Run Appreciation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Now I know Jeff was everybody's least favorite wrestler during his run on the old NWA-TNA where he went over Monty Brown, DDP, Jeff Hardy, Raven and Christopher Daniels. But tbh as I grew up I realized what a great heel he was and noticed the TNA fans never got so mad over a heel except for Jarrett. Check this video out at 30:00 and watch the rest as Jarrett wins the belt and a riot erupts at Universal the likes of Volcano Bay 10 years before it opened lol

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Jeff was definitely not my least favorite wrestler during that run. He is easily my second favorite wrestler ever, second only to Ric Flair. And it was his run in early TNA that made me such a fan. This match actually proves exactly what I mean. This happened when Sting was coming to TNA. It was quite obvious that the belt was being put back on Jarrett for no other reason than to have Sting defeat him for it at Bound For Glory, which is exactly what happened. Despite the fact that it was obvious they were setting up Sting to beat the most hated guy in TNA, the fans still got angry and did what they did although at the time it was the most obvious booking. It was this, more than anything else, that made me realize what a great heel Jarrett was and although I've always liked him, this elevated him to one of my favorites of all time.

Reactions: Tyler2

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I hated him so much back then, it was funny as an adult seeing him go over popular guys like Abyss, Truth, Christian and Sting. Now it was a crime Monty Brown didn't get a run with the belt though

Reaction score
Even as a kid I never hated Double J. Yes he won a little too much but when he lost and got his, it made it that much better to see.

He's 5th in my top five favorite wrestlers of all time.

Reactions: Jacob Fox