• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

To be in the main event at Mania, you need to be a big draw, not a great wrestler. With that being said, im not sure how big of a draw hardy is just yet. So to answer your question i think its too early, but perhaps one day.

I do enjoy the jeff Hardy push greatly though.

Edgehead2593

Reaction score
I didn't think he had the mic skills, but he proved me wrong.

Jeff Hardy WILL be a world champion by August

WI Girls Kissing

Reaction score
well Jeff has enough popularity to be in a main event and thats pretty much all you need to make it in WWE. Mic skils shouldnt matter either, frankly they talk to damn much anyway, but he wont be in the ME at WM.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I like Hardy's push but I don't seem as Wrestlemania ME Material. As Montana said its all about being a draw and Hardy is a draw but I don't see him headlining a major event like Mania. He can ME the other 3 top PPVs (RR, Survior Series & Summerslam) but not Mania. He can ME as the challenger, not the champion.

CT Styles

Matt & Jeff will never hold anything higher that US or IC title. High flyers rarely main event mania and if he stuffs up he is screwed if they want to push some one it should be Kennedy or MVP. HBK should of put over Kennedy at Armageddon. WM25 will have Kennedy in the ME and Hardy will job in the MOTB or be competing for he IC title or US

Peterdea

Reaction score
I'd say he could, he puts on good matches most of the time, and his mic skills are okay, not great but I think if he did get the shot to ME at WM he'd try that little bit harder...

thefallisuponus

Reaction score
he should without a doubt be in the main event because he is a fan favorite and him as champ would sell more merch than randy orton

J

Bump...As Jeff Hardys WWE Championship match again Randy Orton...Its is being made clearer and clearer that Jeff Hardy has more then enough ablility to main event wrestlemaina...The question is will Vince act upon it...I mean why not spice thing up...Every year grappler vs. grappler...So how bout we spice things up a little...I mean Highflyer vs. Grappler...That is what would sell...

So lets have it people...

HHHforever

Reaction score
Can't see them continuing that feud for another 2+ months and I can't see them giving him the belt and starting a program with HHH or someone else. But only time will tell, after the rumble in 2 weeks things will start to get much clearer.

J

^^Well if things continious this way...Prepare to have you eyes opened to the Jeff Hardy Era...I mean come on...People didn't even think Jeff Hardy would main event past the Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H match...So if Trips is willing to put Hardy over what makes you think Jeff won't be able to main event passed 2 months?!?!?

HHHforever

Reaction score
It's not that he can't, but let's look at this thing. This feud started on December 17th the first Raw after Armageodon. So as of tomorrow it'll be month. You're saying that you think it can and should go to WM which is March 30th. That would make it a 15 week feud and roughly 4 months. I'm not saying it can't happen, I just can't possibly see this thing going for 4 months unless Jeff was to win the belt at some point which I can't really see happening. This has been a very good feud, but if you look at Randy's feuds they usually climax with him getting things personal. He's already kicked Matt Hardy in the head, so he's made things personal. Like I said this has been a great feud, but what are they going to do over the next 2+ months. I don't think Randy's bringing Mr. Hardy out to kick him in the head and I just think that this thing is going to be over either at the Rumble or maybe at the PPV before 'Mania depending on who wins the Rumble. Look it's nothing personal to you, I respect your opinion and I understand where you're coming from and you make some good points, but personally I just can't see it.

J

Hmmm...I think i got you...but i didn't mean it would have to go to Wrestlemania...It would just have to go passed w/e the Raw PPV is after Royal Rumble...I can't think of it right off hand...Lol..but it could involve Jeff winning this match...Holding the title to retain against Orton at the next PPV...and then Trips turning heel to take on Hardy...becuase lets be honest...WHo wants to see a face trips at Mania?!?!?

HHHforever

Reaction score
That is a very valid idea, but I believe I addressed this once on another thread. I really can't see them turning HHH heel prior to 'Mania for two reasons. First of all I think if he turned heel before then he wouldn't have been given enough time to be properly turned and he wouldn't generate the type of heel heat that he is capabe of. Second of all I still don't see them giving Hardy the belt. I think that they want face HHH to win at 'Mania then turn him heel afterward and set him up with a program with Cena.

What you're saying would only give us about a month of heel HHH which in my opion won't be enough time. Also another reason why I don't think you'll see Hardy win at the Rumble is because the Rumble is a really huge event and PPV, but I don't think they're going to want to overshadow the whole Rumble by having the shocking victory of Jeff Hardy, they'll want the focus to be on the actual Rumble.

However what you said isn't a bad idea and I like it, I just don't see it happening.