Jeff Hardy Says AEW Seems “More Open Minded” And WWE “Is Kind Of Set In Their Ways”

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
WWE’s Jeff Hardy was interviewed by Brian Rowitz of ESPN West Palm to promote an upcoming musical performance. Naturally, the topic turned to wrestling, starting with Hardy’s long career.

“It’s extremely surreal,” Hardy reflected. “I don’t understand it and I don’t think I ever will. If I had been in WWE all those years I probably wouldn’t be here as I am. I’ve just been very lucky and blessed. I can’t put a number on how much longer I’ll do it, but man I’m just doing it one day at a time.”

Hardy was then asked about his brother Matt Hardy, currently wrestling in rival All Elite Wrestling. Hardy is proud that both are successful despite being in separate promotions.

“It’s really cool,” Hardy said. “Matt is in AEW and before the pandemic hit their crowds were just incredibly on fire. It was so exciting watching them. They’re very different than WWE. I don’t know how to explain it but they’re like, more open minded. WWE is kind of set in their ways.

“It’s changed many times over the years, especially since the Attitude Era. It’s way different. Thank goodness we don’t hit each other in the head with chairs anymore, because I worry about that. It’s a lot safer now. But for me to be where I am in WWE now and for Matt to be in the other wrestling world, it’s so cool. It’s cool we can go our separate ways and still be successful.”

Hardy was then asked Darby Allin, another AEW star that has frequently been compared to Hardy. He has taken the comparisons as a compliment.

“I’m so honored for people to say that, especially a guy like Darby Allin,” Hardy said. “I’ve never met him, but when I watch him on AEW I go, ‘Wow. He is a lot like me.’

“And he’s actually like a real life stuntman. I’ve always kind of said — jokingly — that I don’t even know how to wrestle. I think I’m just a stuntman when it comes to this stuff. I’m more about the moment and the highlights. My career has been based around that.”
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/03/jeff-hardy-talks-career-matt-hardy-darby-allin/

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Is he meaning to say in that paragraph that the WWE fans are set in their ways and AEWs are more open minded, or is he meaning the actual companies. It reads like he means the fans but I dunno what the fuck that even means if that's the case.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Is he meaning to say in that paragraph that the WWE fans are set in their ways and AEWs are more open minded, or is he meaning the actual companies. It reads like he means the fans but I dunno what the fuck that even means if that's the case.
He is stating that the WWE management are the ones that are stuck in their ways and AEW is the opened minded people in the creative department.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Doesn't read that way to me since he specifically mentions the fans

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Wow, this just blew my mind. Jeff Hardy is incredibly insightful. He should write crime novels, the levels in this are just outta of this world.

• Haha
Reactions: Swamps

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Well, he poppin them pills again, I see.