• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay Lethal

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

TNA seems to be right behind Jay Lethal with a push. But there are a couple of things that are making me think.

How much longer can Lethal go on with this Black Machismo gimmick? If he is going to step up further on the card, he probably needs a serious gimmick. I don't think Black Machismo is going to win Lethal a World Title.

Who should Lethal lose the X-Division Title to, and when? I feel that Lethal losing the title in July, or sometime around there would be appropriate. That way he has had a great, lengthy title reign. And for who to beat him, I would say Petey Williams, but TNA have already jobbed Petey to him. But looking over the TNA roster, there are really no other alternatives. Sonjay Dutt is the only other one I could see winning it, so I guess that's what will happen.

Do they move Lethal to the heavyweight ranks? I would say they have to, because Lethal has been pushed as the X-Division figurehead. They can't just have him linger in the X-Division after that without winning the title. That just wrecks his whole push that he had just received.

Who in the heavyweight ranks (assuming he goes there) wrestles him first? I could see him beating someone like James Storm, or Robert Roode in a rivalry. But if he loses to either, you have as if TNA are showing that the X-Division is nowhere near as good as the heavyweight division, which is not smart.

Thoughts?

RKOrton.

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure Lethal would be pushed to World Title either way. He'll probably stay in the X-Division. I like his Machismo gimmick and I think it could get him far in his division.

Reaction score
the main reason it doesn't go stale is because he does drop it every now and then...he'll have the clothes and what not but will drop back to regular speech

chessarmy

Jay Lethal is going to drop the X-Division Title to Sonjay Dutt. Dutt will turn on Lethal causing a fued between the two that will all culminate into Dutt beating Lethal for the title. As for the Black Machismo gimmick, I do agree that it is going to have to go if they want him to be a serious main eventer. What I think they should do is after Lethal looses the X-Division title, he should take a 2 month hiatus and then come back as the normal Jay Lethal.

yeah that could be good. I want lethal to loose the title to Sonjay dutt or Petey Williams. and I really hope they don't give lethal a world title shot and then put him in a fued with black reign/ Rellik. that wouls suck

Destroyer

Reaction score
I agree with everyone that TNA isnt going to give lethal a world title shot and he is going to lose it to sonjay dutt heck it might even be at lockdown all i know so far curryman vs sonjay dutt vs jay lethal and still more to be added i cant wait for that match

McLovin

Reaction score
I'd prefer the Black Machismo gimmick to stick with Lethal for a little bit longer. I don't think anyone wants him to return as plain Jay Lethal with no charisma.

Reaction score
Well to be honest I don't think TNA is anywhere near with pushing Lethal to Main event ranks. As for the gimmick , I don't know if you've noticed but I just realized that the Black Machismo gimmick is being further complimented with the So Cal Val - Black Machismo thing going on. It's almost like their making So Cal Val , Lethal's Elizabeth. If you get what I mean. Anyway the gimmick isn't really annoying but yeah if he wants to have his own image and be taken seriously he should lose it.

They have been teasing a Dutt-Lethal feud before with Dutt being jealous with Lethal. I think it'd be a nice feud with Dutt turning on Lethal. Maybe even having Lethal lose the belt down the line to Dutt as well.

phantomgerald

He's young, he got years to go, so why are people talking about the main event picture now? He's still got loads to learn, and if he can improve himself then yes he can be a maineventer. The problem with him is his lack of charisma. That's why he needed such a lame gimmick to get over, because his mic skills weren't amazing.

Haze187

Reaction score
I am confortable with it because Jay seems confortable with it and it kinda gives him character just I don't like it when he goes way over the head with it like using Macho Man's moveset. Its not as terrible as the Sharkboy thing or is not as stupid as 'Prince' AJ.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
well he is only 22(i think) he wont be pushed towards main even unless something like next year if he is in lethal lockdown or something like that, he still has learning to do, as most people dont reach their prime as a wretler til about late 20's or early 30's, obviously there are exceptions to that though, i see creed winning the title at lockdown becuase a loss in his 2nd match wouldnt look good,maybe lethal and dutt team up and upset styles and tomko, that'll open up a chance for LAX to win the titles and then maybe a heel turn for lethal and a fued for val. i dont think a fued right away with dutt is best, give lethal time to build up a lot of anger over dutt.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Jay Lethal's young, but he's a veteran, wrestling since 2002 I think. Maybe they can have a storyline where he goes under the wing of someone like Christian, and tells him to get serious. That's what I'm hoping though, but Black Machismo looks interesting to little kids.

^^ under the wing sorta like Petey Williams is with Scott Steiner?
Yeah that could be good, but he could also be like Kaz and get a world title opitunity...