Jason 'Mayhem' Miller signs with the UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dademo

Reaction score
Jason "Mayhem" Miller is going back to the UFC.

The popular middleweight has signed a new multi-fight agreement with the organization, Miller's manager Ryan Parsons confirmed with MMA Fighting.

The 30-year-old Miller (24-7, 1 NC) was able to sign with the UFC due to the fact that his contract with Strikeforce had expired. No word just yet on when his first fight back inside the Octagon will take place.

"Mayhem" had not competed for Strikeforce since last April when he defeated Tim Stout on the undercard of Strikeforce: Nashville. He went on to defeat one of his MMA idols, Kazushi Sakuraba, at DREAM.16 in September, which stands as his last fight to date.

He was close to returning to action against the likes of Nick Diaz and Tim Kennedy, but for various reasons, some even still unknown, those fights never materialized.

The star of MTV's Bully Beatdown last fought for the UFC in 2005 when he dropped a unanimous decision to Georges St-Pierre. Two years later, Miller returned to Zuffa, defeating Hiromitsu Miura via unanimous decision at WEC 27.

Miller was a guest on a recent episode of The MMA Hour, and he appeared excited at the prospect of facing some of the UFC's best middleweights.

"I will beat the brakes off most of the guys in the middleweight divisions in the UFC," he said. "I guaran-damn-tee it."

This is just recent and didn't reach the newsfeed yet, but I got this off of MMAfighting.com

Anyways, I've always been a fan of this dude, I never felt that his antics were causing problems and I feel like his a skilled fighter no doubt. Especially after listening to him twice on Joe Rogan's podcast and learning that he's not always a comedian was nice too, but anyways, there'd be some interesting matchups for him with the UFC's middleweight division.

Some names like Michael Bisping and Tom Lawlor come to mind. Or he could be Alan Belcher's return fight. Thoughts?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Good to see Mayhem back in the Octagon, although he would be heading into a better division than the one he was previously in. Would be a good match up with Bisping, but think he would fold against top tier talent like Chael Sonnen and Alan Belcher.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This is the start of UFC signing all the out of contract Strikeforce fighters, I look forward to when some of the heavyweights come out of contract.

I like the idea of Miller fighting Bisping in his first fight. Would be a good fight for both guys to get into contention for the title.

Dademo

Reaction score
Well Mayhem will be fighting Aaron Simpson in his first fight at UFC 132. I don't have a problem with this fight because I'd rather Mayhem not be thrown a huge fight for his first UFC fight, kind of like how Jake Shields was given Martin Kampmann, but Martin is tough, as well as Aaron. Should definitely show if Mayhem deserves to fight any of the top 10-15 middleweights since those are the only guys that Aaron Simpson has lost to.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mayhem has struggled against wrestlers before, and Simpson is a very good wrestler.

That should be the measuring stick for all MMA fighters who created a buzz outside of the UFC, give them a wrestler.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Here is the reason why he hadn't fought;

mmanews said:
Although he had been under the Strikeforce banner, Jason "Mayhem" Miller had been signed this week to a new contract with the UFC and UFC President Dana White explained the companies decision to move Miller over to the UFC brand rather than keep him with Strikeforce, and it all harkens back to the brawl in Nashville last year:

“Mayhem Miller had a contract with those guys,” White told a group of reporters following today’s UFC 129 press conference. “Mayhem, he’s banished from CBS for life. He wasn’t being fought because he couldn’t fight on Showtime, he couldn’t fight on CBS, so he was in a bad position.

“So that’s why [we signed him to the UFC].

It is all so easy when you own both companies, just move the guy across to the other company.

Dademo

Reaction score
Haha it definitely is. I don't think Dana is so high on him but I know Lorenzo Fertitta was and he's definitely well known so why not sign him.