James Toney/Randy Coture talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Randy Couture Talks Strategy for James Toney “There are some serious holes in his game and it’s my job to point those out. If James comes with that traditional boxing posture, he can expect to get the hell kicked out of his lead leg. He can expect a right to come at his head followed by a swift double-leg, a swift clinch, then we’ll tie him up, dirty box, punch, elbow, knee, shoulder, anything I need to do to put him on the floor. There’s a whole load of other things that go on inside the cage. He better hope he can catch me.”

Acknowledging that Toney is at a "severe disadvantage" in his upcoming fight with Randy Couture, Goossen released a statement to the media offering Couture the same payday he will receive at UFC 118 to face Toneyin a 12-round boxing match.
Goossen's 848-word missive includes a short history of Toney's boxing success, admits "the odds are greatly against James" and essentially challenges Couture's manhood in an attempt to set up payback for what seems to be an expected loss.
"If Randy Couture believes he would be at a severe disadvantage going against James in a boxing match and not accept this challenge, then all we have next week is a boxing legend taking up another challenge, in another sport, that few, if any, would be willing to do," Goossen said in the statement. "Until that challenge is taken, James Toney will stand alone as one of the most gifted, true warriors of all time"
Goossen is right about one thing, and that is Toney's warrior spirit. He is indeed taking on a challenge that few would, and for that he deserves the respect of the MMA world regardless of the outcome. But what Goossen fails to mention in spelling out his challenge to Couture was that the insults and taunting in this supposed feud between combat sports have nearly always been one-sided.
Every MMA fighter trains boxing, and therefore has an appreciation for it. They may not think it is the ultimate combat art, but they recognize its value, as well as the difference between a boxing master like Mayweather and someone just proficient enough to get by.
I don't care who it is, whether Floyd [Mayweather], [Manny] Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins -- they get their ass kicked.
-- Bernard Hopkins on boxers fighting MMA Indeed, it's always been the boxers slamming the mixed martial artists, ridiculing their standup, calling them glorified bar brawlers, and in some cases, resorting to homophobic metaphors to describe ground fighting.
Toney was one of those at the forefront. In April 2007, he told the Boxing Confidential radio show, "UFC is not ready for someone like me. I am too violent. If they want to make it boxer vs. UFC, if Dana White has the b----, like he does on TV, he can call Dan Goossen and we can make it happen."
Though Goossen says that he met with the UFC regarding Toney way back in 2003, since then Toney has been the one calling out MMA, not the other way around. I remember sitting in a Memphis restaurant last December when Toney showed up, saying that he'd heard White was there and he wanted to sign to fight in the UFC. A month later, he showed up unannounced at another UFC event, this one in Las Vegas, in hopes of signing.
This is what he wanted.
It was always about him proving he could beat an MMA fighter on their turf. Goossen simply has his guy's back and he can't be faulted for loyalty. He compared Toney's plunge to "if football's Tom Brady took his Super Bowl arm and tried to step in and pitch for the Boston Red Sox in the World Series."
That's not quite right; Toney's bringing a rusty old knife to a gunfight.
All along, they knew this day would come, and now that it's nearly here, the white flag can't be raised fast enough.
The MMA folks, well, they just wanted respect. In that, it appears they've succeeded even before Couture can try his first takedown. Recently, Hopkins confirmed that he's a converted MMA fan, and conceded even the best boxer would probably lose in an MMA cage.

"I don't care who it is, whether Floyd [Mayweather], [Manny] Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins -- they get their ass kicked," he told Hardcore Sports Radio. "That is not what we do."

Goossen, too, found room for praise.
"While UFC in this instance is trying to show that their athletes are superior to those in boxing, I believe both sports, different as they are, exhibit real fighters."
We knew that all along, Dan. We knew that all along.
Too bad for you Randy Couture is smart enough to know that he'd have little chance in James Toney's world. Too bad for you it wasn't the other way around.

So Toney has called Couture a bum and etc but it seems Boxing isn't as confident in Toney as they once were. Is Toney going to be able to knock Couture's head off before Couture bearhugs him and controls every round? Probably not

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
James-Toney-SHO.jpg

(How did I train? I didn't train. I bought me one of these Fedor sweaters and ate ice cream for eight weeks. I'm ready to go.)
James "Lights Out" Toney Sat down with MMAFighting.com lead blogger Michael David Smith today for an online chat with fans about the boxer's upcoming MMA debut fight with UFC Hall-of-Famer Randy Couture.

Although Toney's responses seemed suspiciously devoid of their usual incoherency, hearing him call MMA fighters "a bunch of girls" will just add to the collective satisfaction of fans and pundits when he gets beaten by a member of the fairer sex on August 28 at UFC 118.

Here's are Toney's replies to fans on the chat, who incidentally obviously didn't read Ben's piece on what not to ask in an MMA interview.

If you win does that prove boxing is better than mixed martial arts?

James Toney: No doubt. It's already known that boxing is better than MMA but I'll prove that and that James Toney is the best fighter no matter if it's boxing or MMA.

What will James do when Couture clinches on the feet and when he smothers him on the ground, meaning Couture is never going to trade with you, just smother you with wrestling?

James Toney: God bless him if he wants to try. I'm ready for anything he tries to do. Nothing he tries is going to be enough. I've been in there with plenty of guys tougher than him. I'm ready.

As we all know the boxing aspect of MMA is totally different from professional boxing. All the bobbing and weaving, shoulder rolling might not work when the opponent can take you down. So how has your experience been trying to adjust to leg kicks and takedowns? How has it been going for you in training, and what do you think about bobbing, weaving and shoulder rolling in mixed martial arts?

James Toney: My style is perfect for this fight. I'm ready for his leg kicks, I'm ready for him trying to shoot; I'm ready for anything he does.

Have you sparred with 4-ounce gloves, and if you have, what’s your experience regarding the power, and the lack of defense they provide?

James Toney: I don't spar with four-ounce gloves because when I tried that at first and my sparring partners were getting hurt.What do you think someone's going to do when I hit them with four-ounce gloves? They're getting knocked out.

Do you think that the fans of MMA are over looking the fact that you have years of combat training? If you make this into a fight, do you think that all the supposed differences will go out the window when punches start flying?

James Toney: I feel that everybody is overlooking me. In MMA there are so many different characteristics of a fight and people think I'm not ready for it, but I'm really looking forward to showing what I can do on August 28 and showing that I'm the best in the world.

What will happen when Randy takes you down?

James Toney: If Randy takes me to the ground he's going to have to worry. I'm not the one who's worried about that. I guarantee you, Randy is worried. I'm not losing sleep on Randy Couture but I guarantee when he goes to sleep, he's thinking about me. People seem like they're forgetting that the fight starts standing up.

James, you do realize Dana White is trying to embarrass you with having you face a world-class wrestler, don't you?

James Toney: You better realize that Dana White has just signed one of the best fighters in the world, period. And if that's the way they're thinking, then the one that will be embarrassed is the UFC.

How many fights did you have on your UFC contract?

James Toney: It will be 3-5. After I knock out Randy Couture I plan on coming back and fighting in October and then hopefully I'd fight Brock Lesnar in the New Year. My main goal is to stay busy and show that I'm the people's champion either in boxing or in MMA. I'm the heavyweight champion of the world. I'm the heavyweight champion of the IBA so why can't I be the UFC heavyweight champion? My biggest problem in boxing is that everyone is scared to fight me, so now I'm coming to the UFC to fight. I give Randy Couture all the credit in the world because he wasn't afraid to fight me, but he's going to get knocked out come August 28.

What MMA fighter do you think could make a successful transition to boxing?

James Toney: None of them could. MMA fighters don't like to get hit. They can't stand in the pocket and trade punches. MMA guys want to submit somebody or kick them like a little girl. I think Wanderlei Silva could maybe be a good boxer, and Anderson Silva would have a chance. Georges St. Pierre might too. But seriously: Can you name me one MMA fighter who can punch as well as me?

Randy has been training wrestling for decades and is considered to be one of the best Greco-Roman practitioners in MMA. How do you plan to neutralize his grappling skills?

James Toney: I've had a great training camp and my trainers are getting me ready to take the best of what Randy does. I guarantee, once we get in there, he can't do too much.

How high do you rate Randy's striking?

James Toney: He's pretty good for a girl. He's got the balls to fight me but there's no MMA fighter who has the balls to trade punches with me. If they do, it's suicide. If Randy tries to grab me I'll hit him so hard his grandparents will feel it. I keep reminding everybody, the fight starts standing up. To shoot you have to get close and when you do, you're going to get hurt. I'm in the business of hurting people and that's what I'm planning on doing.

Coming into UFC is there a certain person that you would have rather fought than Couture?

James Toney: The person I wanted to fight right off the bat was Brock Lesnar. He's a champion, I'm a champion and I wanted to do it. But they said I couldn't do that. Then they said, "How about Kimbo?" But I said, "That's too easy. That's like kicking a little kid's butt." But then Randy started saying he wanted to fight me, so I said, "OK, you're the first one getting it."

What will be your strategy when Randy pins you against the cage and controls your arms so you can't throw knockout punches? Also, after having not fought in a cage before do you feel that the cage could be a game changer for you?

James Toney: I'm in a cage every day. I train in a cage every day. If Randy wants to hold me against the cage, he can't do it. I'm tougher than he is. Randy is fragile. People think Randy is a god in the MMA world, but in the boxing world he'd be considered a journeyman – a bum. How many knockouts does he have, nine or 10? And people think he's a Hall of Famer? In a real sport you've got to be retired before you're in the Hall of Fame? When I fight Randy he won't be Hall of Fame, he'll be Hall of Shame.

Are you prepared for [three] 5-minute rounds of MMA fighting or are you essentially looking at the attempt to knock out Couture as soon as possible?

James Toney: I'm prepared to go however long the fight takes. I've got the best conditioning coach in the world. Every day my trainer puts me through hell and back. Everybody calls me fat and all that? Watch me at the weigh-in on August 27 and see how much I weigh.

Freddie Roach commented that the most difficult aspect of boxing for MMA fighters to understand is the distance between you and your opponent; did you encounter the same problem when transitioning to MMA?

James Toney: I'm not worried about distance. Randy better make sure he's not in my range. I'm a real fighter. I'll do things you haven't seen in 40 years. I'm an old-school fighter, and all the other old-school fighters are dead.

Do you think you would continue an MMA career after the fight with Couture?

James Toney: We're in the process of figuring that out right now, but I told Dana my goal is to hold the heavyweight championship of the UFC and in boxing at the same time. So as long as it takes me to get Brock Lesnar, that's how long it'll be. If Lesnar gets by Cain Velasquez, I'll fight Lesnar in February or March. But right now my focus is on Randy Couture. Randy's gonna get it. I ain't playing with that dude. I like Cain Velasquez, and I think he has the ability to knock Lesnar out. I think that fight is a toss-up. Lesnar ran away from Shane Carwin like a girl, but then Carwin ran out of gas and quit. But I'll fight any of them, any time anywhere. That's my motto.

What do you have to say about the comments made by Joe Rogan regarding your chances against Brock Lesnar? Comments such as, "...[Brock’s] going to do whatever he wants to [Toney]. He's going to have [James Toney] work for him... Lesnar is going to be [Toney’s] master. He's going to put a dog collar on [Toney]. He's going to do whatever the F*** [Lesnar] wants”?

James Toney: When did he say that? I was just with Joe Rogan a few days ago and he didn't say that to me. But everybody's got their opinions.

Do you realize if you get taken to the ground you have no chance?

James Toney: I'm very comfortable on the ground. I'm not worried about that. If I couldn't fight on the ground I wouldn't be fighting in MMA. I'm a born fighter and somebody like me comes along once every 30 years.

[Are] there any MMA [fighters] who you like to watch fight?

James Toney: Absolutely. Everybody has this misconception I don't like MMA. I love MMA. I love Georges St. Pierre, I love Rich Franklin, I like BJ Penn, I like Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, Rashad Evans; I like a ton of these guys. I don't have a problem with those dudes. MMA is a great sport.

Is it true that you tapped out King Mo?

James Toney: It's true. I've been training with King Mo, I've been training with some good King of the Cage fighters, and I've been doing well. Ask them yourself, they'll tell you.

After you lose do you plan on apologizing for all the disrespect you've shown?

James Toney: Kiss my behind (editor’s note: I’m betting Smith censored his actual reply). Other people should be apologizing to me.

What is your Silva vs. Sonnen prediction?

James Toney: Good fight. Silva is similar to me except that I'm a hell of a lot better fighter than Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen is a hell of a lot better wrestler than Randy Couture.

Joe Rogan didn't say those things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2iqJPiggyc

What kind of submission did you use [to tap out King Mo]?

James Toney: guillotine choke

What does a kick feel like compared to a punch? Ray Mercer got kicked on the top of the head in a kickboxing match and didn't even know where he was after it.

James Toney: I'm not a kicker so I'm not worried about kicking. I'm not trying anything new. I don't need to. (editor’s note: I’m betting Smith didn’t censor his actual reply)

Why do MMA when you are a great boxer and make more money in boxing ?

James Toney: I can make more money in boxing if I become the heavyweight champion of the world, but I came in because Dana White brought me in here and I have something to prove.

Who do you think is the pound-for-pound fighter in MMA and in boxing?

James Toney: James "Lights Out" Toney. I'm the champ. I've had 32 title fights.

I really wish Toney knocks out Coture. Really fucking do

NinoBrown

Reaction score
This is watch the UFC needs, fighters that can talk shit! I'm routing for Toney because after Couture got smacked around by Lesnar, I don't trust him in this.

[yt]L4Spg2vn-XM[/yt]

"Dana White considers this a freakshow fight, what do you make of that?"
"Only freakshow I have is between my legs"

pumpt73

Reaction score
This is watch the UFC needs, fighters that can talk shit! I'm routing for Toney because after Couture got smacked around by Lesnar, I don't trust him in this.

[yt]L4Spg2vn-XM[/yt]

"Dana White considers this a freakshow fight, what do you make of that?"
"Only freakshow I have is between my legs"

Well Nino, the UFC has had plenty of fighters talk smack, it just depends on how most fans take it. Look at Chael Sonnen. The guy talked great smack, and most fans got pissy about it. It's not what Lensar did to Randy that you should be concerned with. Lesnar didn't straight up KO him. It's the two brutal KO's Liddell put on him. Randy's chin is still a tad suspect at this point. Lesnar just mauled him. I don't see Toney being able to do the same thing. Either Toney KO's Couture, or Randy puts him on his butt and Ground n Pounds him back to the Boxing world.

Also, pure boxers have not faired well in MMA. I've said this before about a fighter named Yosuke Nishijima. He finished his pro boxing career with I believe a 24-2-1 record and won 3 or 4 Cruiserweight championships. He goes to MMA, and as soon as someone takes his legs, he's lost. He had no idea what to do off of his back. He ended up 0-5 for his career. Also, let's say this fight goes into the last 7 minutes and 30 seconds. Does Toney have the cardio for this type of fighting??? Because I'll give it straight, Randy does. The guy is a freak of nature who doesn't get tired. It's a whole other type of conditioning for MMA compared to Boxing.

Does Toney have a chance to win??? Of course. Do I think he'll win??? Hell no. If Randy closes the distance, stays out of the slugging match, sticks to his wrestling, I don't see Toney getting out of the first round. Especially if Randy puts him on his ass.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
who wants to do a stupid forum bet? Loser has to change their sig/avatar to the winners liking. Gold = two Months, Silver = three weeks, Bronze = two weeks/one week up to yous

Gold: Toney KO/TKO Round 2
Silver: Unaminous Descision Coture
Bronze: Toney wins

since it's tommorow and the forums slow,. i'll do this with the first one to reply, if anyone actually decides to reply. If we see it the same way then it's nulled and we move on

Reaction score
This was the match I was MOST anticipating out of UFC 118. Firstly let me start with the trash talk...

If you can't fucking speak proper, coherent english then DONT! James Toney had gotten to the point where I just wanted to Couture to knock him out cold in the fight, to shut his fat trap. He is one of the most arrogant, cocky sons 'a' bitches I've ever heard talk. I think it was because he is a great boxer coming into a clearly different and bigger world of MMA and thought he'd still blast through opponents. Every word, whether I understood it or not, annoyed the shit out of me. Atleast with Chael, you knew that the guy had the skills to back up some of his trash talk. Plus, he layed it on so thick it was just fun to listen to, lol.

Secondly - rocking up for the fight at 237? Really? Was he ALREADY making excuses for the PATHETIC "fight" he put up against Couture? Did it occur to him after he signed for the fight that - shit, I can't beat him. I know, I'll just put on weight and blame that. He looked atrocious, slow and heavy on his feet. Apparently he used to be in between 160-170 pounds, a few years back?

Finally - the "fight". I don't think I'm going to call it that, lol, because this was not one. Toney was CLEARLY NOT PREPARED for this fight. He must've thought Couture was so set on standing with him he didn't bother to know the meaning of the word 'takedown', let alone how to stop it. Let's be honest, he didn't even attempt to stop the takedown, he just fell on his fat flabby ass. The rest of this 'fight' was just Toney being showed that he was in over his head, and he'll never step into another MMA fight again. He didn't know how to handle Couture's wrestling, transitions, groound n pound or submissions. Hell, does he not know to tap the opponent when he wants to submit?

Pathetic fight. Toney deserved a 3 round fucking ass beating from Couture. I would've liked to seen Toney get his legs beaten to the point that he couldn't stand, then when he couldn't - have Couture TKO him on the ground, or make him tap.

Please don't get me wrong, I have some respect for boxers ... when they're in a BOXING match. But for someone like Toney to run his mouth the way he did, he deserved nothing but to be humiliated. To anyone who thought Toney would win, I ask - what the fuck ever made you think that? I know the whole 'anything can happen in a fight' thing, but c'mon...really? :p

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
What was ridiculous is how safe Coture played it out. I'm sure he has had tougher fights in the gym. That single leg takedown he did was a bad variation that isn't used because any grappler with a head can stop it. So Coture shot at him exactly how I a Toney fan would want him too and we still didn't see the haymaker uppercut we expected from Toney.

Coture then moved into mount and arm triangled him for the victory. and then after the fight he goes and grabs his black belt like he did something impressive.

Fucking pussy. A real fighter spirit would of boxed Toney and then ground and pounded a TKO win. Coture is a pussy, I wish nate diaz faced toney

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
What was ridiculous is how safe Coture played it out. I'm sure he has had tougher fights in the gym. That single leg takedown he did was a bad variation that isn't used because any grappler with a head can stop it. So Coture shot at him exactly how I a Toney fan would want him too and we still didn't see the haymaker uppercut we expected from Toney.

Coture then moved into mount and arm triangled him for the victory. and then after the fight he goes and grabs his black belt like he did something impressive.

Fucking pussy. A real fighter spirit would of boxed Toney and then ground and pounded a TKO win. Coture is a pussy, I wish nate diaz faced toney

Dana is just as big of a pussy as Coture. putting a world class wrestler against an world class ignorant boxing vet doesn't look good on paper and it certainly doesn't spell a entertaining fight. What the hell was the point of this other then to make money and give Coture a titleshot? I was expecting Coture to want to entertain the fans and beat Toney like a man. the Boxing vs MMA argument did not get settled, If anything it showed how much of a lion Toney is for walking in there with no experience expecting a F-I-G-H-T after all his trashtalking. While cowardly Dana/Coture are now talking about how to make more money and where Coture sits in the HW division. Wouldn't surprise me if Coture faces the winner of Lesnar/Velesquez after this "impressive" win.

Looking forward to Nick Diaz vs Kj noons 2 Oct 7. Now that's going to be a fight. oh and lol @ mir/cro crop. what a fucking joke the UFC is becoming, and fast

pumpt73

Reaction score

Dana is just as big of a pussy as Coture. putting a world class wrestler against an world class ignorant boxing vet doesn't look good on paper and it certainly doesn't spell a entertaining fight. What the hell was the point of this other then to make money and give Coture a titleshot? I was expecting Coture to want to entertain the fans and beat Toney like a man. the Boxing vs MMA argument did not get settled, If anything it showed how much of a lion Toney is for walking in there with no experience expecting a F-I-G-H-T after all his trashtalking. While cowardly Dana/Coture are now talking about how to make more money and where Coture sits in the HW division. Wouldn't surprise me if Coture faces the winner of Lesnar/Velesquez after this "impressive" win.

Looking forward to Nick Diaz vs Kj noons 2 Oct 7. Now that's going to be a fight. oh and lol @ mir/cro crop. what a fucking joke the UFC is becoming, and fast

I see your point bro, but no, Randy played it the way he needed to. Why stand and trade with one of the best boxers of the last 20 years??? Especially when you've been brutally KO'd not once, but twice by Chuck Liddell??? Randy didn't need to use fantastic wrestling against Toney because Toney doesn't have the background to defend wrestling. A win is a win is a win. Randy did the right thing. He embarrassed Toney if you ask me. After Toney ran his mouth for months, Couture used smart fight technique and submitted him in the first round. When I wrestled, I didn't go out there to run every move I knew, I went out there to win. I didn't care if it was in 4 minutes or 30 seconds.

If anything, Toney should have had his ass training better for someone like Randy. He knew what Couture would go to. I think most MMA fans were extremely happy that their MMA legend completely owned a Boxing legend. To me he did do something impressive. He shut Toney's mouth. I don't see Randy staying at 265. He's even said after he lost to Lesnar that he doesn't want to compete in that division because of the size disadvantage he has. Randy fought this at 265 because he knew Toney's fat ass couldn't make the 206lb weight limit. Before this bout, Randy had won his last 2 fights at 205, which I expect him to stay at.

The UFC a joke??? Nah. So this wasn't the best card. You can't have fantastic cards all the time. There's bound to be a lame duck here and there. The UFC is still the premiere promotion and will be for a long time to come. By no means bro am I a UFC nuthugger, as my favorite promotion is Bellator, but I also recognize the goods when I see it, and the UFC is the goods.

Now, if Toney wants to continue in MMA, I would think that he learns extensively from this win and goes and learns more disciplines. If he doesn't, he's the next Yosuke Nishijima.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I dunno, while I was entertained by the fight at the time, thinking about it afterwards it was actually pretty embarrassing.

Randy really shouldn't take any pride in beating James Toney and Dana White should be embarrassed for actually allowing that freak show fight to happen.

Hindsight is 20/20 though I suppose.

Reaction score
When Randy shoots and wins on the ground, people call him a pussy. If Randy were to have fought a stand-up game with him and traded punches, people would have called him an idiot. Sounds like the guy just can't win.

Reaction score

Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about, here? I don't, and even I know you're an idiot.

Couture played it smart. Thus, he played it safe - played to HIS strengths (wrestling, ground n pound etc) and NOT to James' strengths (boxing). He isn't a pussy for doing what he does best - MMA. There was NO REASON to stand and fight with Toney? If you were going to go into a fight, where you knew his biggest strength was boxing - and you'd been knocked out a few times in the past - would you be DUMB enough to stand and trade? Fuck that, this isn't boxing. It's MMA. This is your mistake Colin, and it's the same mistake James Toney made.

The simple fact of the matter is - ANY MMA guy could've beaten Toney. ANY guy could've gotten him onto his fat ass (look at the takedown Couture needed) and made him tap out. Toney had ONE fucking strength. To top this off, he was ridiculously out of shape, and just un-prepared. He got his fat mouth shut after all the shit talk he's done, and rightfully so.

The 'fight' wasn't that entertaining. It was GREAT to watch, because I was afraid Toney would get lucky and KO Couture. The second the fight went to the ground I knew it was over, but it was still fun to watch. Obviously not a Penn/GSP type of fight - but what can you do with someone like Toney?

I do agree though, that fight was nothing to be proud of for Couture. It was something to say "MMA isn't just boxing" but to "get his black belt" over it was a bit weird. Hopefully this won't put him into title contention either.

As for the UFC not delivering in a PPV, are you fucking Blue? Look at the last few PPVS? We've seen Carwin/Lesnar, Sonnen/Silva, Penn/Edgar 1 and 2. So what if they miss out on a card here and there? Chances are, even though these fights don't look that great on paper, they'll probably be pretty decent.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I dunno, while I was entertained by the fight at the time, thinking about it afterwards it was actually pretty embarrassing.

Randy really shouldn't take any pride in beating James Toney and Dana White should be embarrassed for actually allowing that freak show fight to happen.

Hindsight is 20/20 though I suppose.

I agree with you JoMo. I don't think Randy really cared about this fight. He knew it had no title bout implications. Randy knew why is was made and how it was promoted. He was asked to defend MMA against Boxing, and he did. With flying colors. Randy did what he had to do to win the bout. Now he can get back to training for real MMA fighters. Bye bye James Toney. Maybe he can go train with Yosuke Nishijima.