Jack Nicholson has officially retired from acting at age 76

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Source: Hollywood Legend Jack Nicholson Retires From Acting | Radar Online

He’ll still sit court side at Los Angeles Lakers’ games, but Hollywood legend Jack Nicholson has quietly retired from the movie business, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

The 76-year-old icon has no plans to appear in films again after a career spanning five decades.

“Jack has — without fanfare — retired,” a well-placed Hollywood film insider confirmed to Radar.

“There is a simple reason behind his decision — it’s memory loss. Quite frankly, at 76, Jack has memory issues and can no longer remember the lines being asked of him.

“His memory isn’t what it used to be.”

The three-time Academy Award winner has not worked since How Do You Know in 2010 starring Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson.

Tellingly, producers for the forthcoming film Nebraska had wanted him to play the key role of an aging, booze-addled father who makes the trip from Montana to Nebraska with his estranged son in order to claim a million dollar Mega Sweepstakes Marketing prize.

The role ultimately went to Bruce Dern, after Nicholson advised the filmmakers that he was not interested, the source said.

Nicholson began his Hollywood career in the 1950s, first working as a gofer for animation legends William Hanna and Joseph Barbera at the MGM cartoon studio. He left soon after to pursue his dream to star on screen.

The New Jersey-native made his film debut in a low-budget teen drama The Cry Baby Killer, in 1958, playing the title role.

He’s best remembered for his Academy Award winning roles as Best Actor for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and for As Good as It Gets. He also won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the 1983 film Terms of Endearment.

Nicholson has been nominated for a record-setting 12 Oscars, eight for Best Actor and four for Best Supporting Actor, making him the most nominated male actor in Academy Awards history.

“Jack has no intention of retiring from the limelight,” said the source, who noted his regular appearances on the Hollywood party circuit, court side at his beloved Lakers and his co-presentation of the Academy Award for Best Picture with First Lady Michelle Obama, earlier this year.

“He’s not retiring from public life, at all. He just doesn’t want a tribute,” added the insider. “He’s happy to tacitly join the retirees club like Sean Connery.”

Wow. I don't know whether to believe it or not. Not the greatest source but damn that sucks if it's true. Unexpected even with the 3 year inactivity. True legend in the acting business.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Don't think this is that unexpected as he has been inactive for three years. He's one of my favorite actors, but it was time for him to retire after four decades of entertaining us.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wow. I don't know whether to believe it or not. Not the greatest source but damn that sucks if it's true. Unexpected even with the 3 year inactivity. True legend in the acting business.

Then why did you name it he OFFICIALLY retired...

I mean it's most likely true he's no need to keep going and I'm sure sitting at Lakers games every night probably gives him more pleasure so be it. Wish he'd stopped a film or two shy though Bucket List or The Departed would have been a hell of a way to go out.

Weez

Reaction score
Nah, the source is credible. Love them or hate them, Radar Online is a step up from TMZ nowadays. They'e usually pretty spot on. This isn't a big deal tho. it was about time for Jack to hang up the cleats, so to speak.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
To date, he has made over $60 million from his role as Joker, and is still making profits from it. Making him the highest paid actor in a superhero movie, and the only villain to get top billing.

There goes my hopes of him reprising his role in a Batman '67 movie.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Good for Jack....Still the greatest Joker.

Can go back to his first love, getting high and banging chicks.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Can still see him doing a cameo or two down the line if the role, money and timing was right. Nothing major but I don't think he will be completely finished. For big roles it makes sense that at that age and with his memory loss that he can no longer do it. Fantastic career

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its the right time he has been off his game for years. During his 70s/80s prime he was maybe one of the worlds finest actors, but since he has been very hit and miss. As Good as It Gets was his last truly great performance IMO.

Enjoy your retirement Jack and stay out of trouble.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I know he probably didn't want to retire under these kind of circumstances but I hope he enjoys his retirement anyway. He's had a long and successful career so deserves to call it a day.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Its the right time he has been off his game for years. During his 70s/80s prime he was maybe one of the worlds finest actors, but since he has been very hit and miss. As Good as It Gets was his last truly great performance IMO.

Enjoy your retirement Jack and stay out of trouble.

As Good as it Gets is my favorite of his many great roles (probably not his "best" work, just my personal favorite)