J. Cole

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan

Reaction score
For this week, I didn't think I'd be able to get anything in but I was able to make something that could be my entry. In homage to my favorite artist, J. Cole, I made this banner. Took forever so I hope it's good. It's sort of experimental.

Without lyrics:
j-cole.png

With lyrics:
jcolelyrics.png

Last edited:

!PHENOM!

Reaction score
awesome stuff man...really innovative concept.....it catches eyes..you know.....i think it's perfect for your match{Entry}....texts may be good....it looks more beautiful if it has more colors (just not one color theme)....but still awesome.....keep it up

Ryan

Reaction score
Thanks man I really appreciate it. Like I said it took a long time so it's good to know at least one person likes it. When you're facing the people I'm up against you gotta make it top notch.

By the way, the text are lyrics from one of my favorite J. Cole songs, "Before I'm Gone". I wanted to incorporate a lot of lyrics here and there but I couldn't really find any other place to put it.

Last edited:

!PHENOM!

Reaction score
it would be epic if you able to put the lyrics in .....or you can try and share it if we like it as well......

Ryan

Reaction score
Alright, I edited the banner so that now I have one with more lyrics which are from the same song. I like those lyrics so I included them. I think it looks alright, but I'm not sure which to use.

!PHENOM!

Reaction score
i prefer the lyrics one, it looks kinda perfect.......lovely work...well placed texts

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think he has better lyrics in other songs but what you did ties in well with the peice and shows off his style to an extent through it. Nice work, I'd love to see you make a J.R. Writer banner.

Ryan

Reaction score
Oh, he absolutely has better lyrics in other songs but it's tough to cut up a whole verse and still have it sounds good, you know? Like that whole song is brilliant, but how could I do justice to it with any one line so I chose that because it's just the tail end of the song and it's short, plus as you said, it shows off his style. I honestly think that's one of his best written and produced songs.

The_King

Reaction score
The one with the lyrics is definitely better.
Unique approach, and you pulled it off well. Everything flows really well. Piece is overall appealing, and the coloring works. The text for the lyrics and 'J Cole" is perfect for the piece. Only complaint would be that the 'splotchy' effect on the render is kinda' distracting.
8.3/10!