IWF Roundtable

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm still shooting for Tuesday at 9 PM Eastern Time. Topics will still be Wrestlemania 26 thoughts and best and worst blowoff matches. If you can make it great. Just let me know in here.

Here's the first session. This was a free for all.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mike says:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Wrestlemania is 3 days away so-How would you rate the buildup as a whole?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gardocki says:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For me the match that lacks the most build up is the Legacy Explode! match.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Malik says:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Batista/Cena and HBK/Taker by far have the best build up going into the PPV[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Legacy is also a notable mention[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]They really haven't done anything to make it a triple threat, to me it looks more like a handicap match. I'm all for having the three of them face off, but at least give me a reason to think it won't turn into the "I wanna win!" bullshit that plagues these matches. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well that match (Legacy Explodes) would have had a really good build except they waited too long to pull the trigger on the official turns[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]LOL sorry but it looks that wat Ronnie[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]way*[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unfortunately you and I are both right.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It's a shame because Orton deserves better, I can see him getting his win back from last year.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If Orton puts these guys over, I see no problem[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I wouldn't have a problem with Orton putting over Ted, I don't feel like Cody is ready.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I even question if Cody will ever be ready for anything more then this.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Same Ted>>>Cody IMO[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This one is actually quite hard to predict. I can see Ted and Cody working together for a while but then fighting when they go pin Orton.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The typical[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But both Cody and Ted need the win more than Orton at this stage[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]i thought they were going to bring in the daddys[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah, I can see the Legacy match being the piss break match of the night, grab a sandwich afterwards and update some peeps on the web while it's going down.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]IDK I'm interested in it[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Diva matches are my piss break[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]There's nothing intriguing about it at all. There's no title shots on the line.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah of course the diva matches are standard intermission time. Remember at Mania 24 when the lights went out during the diva match? It's like they became self aware and turned themselves off to try and save people from seeing it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I hear they want Beth/Vickie for the Divas match[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please no[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Make sure you check out Smackdown this week, I heard Vickie gets stripped to her underwear.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]either that or a cliche multi divas tag match or battle royal[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now that's a cougar![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Vickie is disgusting[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]*has boner*[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think Vickie is sexy with enough pain killers in my system.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]or alcohol for that matter[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]and some crandberry vodka[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]brb guys my sis is a pain[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'll give Vickie credit, she's able to draw great heat.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Do you think WWE is relying too heavily on Mania selling based on being Mania so they don't have to try as hard with the storylines and feuds?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]They obviously know alot of people are gonna buy it because it's mania but did they do enough to convince the people that are on the fence as far as buying it goes?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I agree. They threw big names in their and half-assed the build up[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well some matches like MITB don't really need alot of buildup.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think this year they have done a good job on building things up, but last year I think they relied on it being Mania to sell people.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You always know you'll get something great from Mania, as opposed to the rest of the year which is normally hit or miss, but last year's Mania had very little to sink your teeth into.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I feel like they ran out of time this year[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It's obvious they're trying to duplicate Rock vs. Austin with Batista vs. Cena as far as having what many consider the two biggest names right now going at it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Which contradicts all the Cena/Orton comparisons to Rock/Austin[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have to question the need to put Cena in yet another title match at Mania. The match could work without the title.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah and I wonder how the Triple H vs. Orton match would have played out last year if they had more time because it seemed like after Orton hit the hanging DDT he just got buried.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I hated the comparisons with Cena/Orton. Not a one of their matches could hold up to any of the Rock/Austin matches. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Neither can Batista/Cena[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Orton was burried after that DDT, no doubt about that. I was excited when that happened, thinking how great it was gonna get. Then it went down hill.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's because Rock and Austin knew how to change things up in their matches so no two were exactly the same.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Has Cena ever been in a non title match at WM?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif].......[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You mean non WWE or World title?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'd say probably back to WM 20 when he competed for the US title[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]non any title[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Then no probably[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah he's always managed to be in title matches.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]wow 6 yrs[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Even trips takes a year off, or at least loses most of the matches.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The guy couldn't even put over Sheamus enough to let the guy pin him[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]HHH took that over[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Which is why I'm gonna hate the Batista vs. Cena match because unless they pull off something incredible Cena's most likely gonna win[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I never expected Cena to lose tbh.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah Cena's taking it yet again this year, almost no doubt about that.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Batista has been getting the best of him most of the time[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I've never been impressed with his work or his character.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here's Batista drawing massive heat and Cena's pulling his usual character shit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]At least Batista is doing something different.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I just can't stomach another super Cena title reign[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I read a story where John Morrison called John Cena boring[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]LOL[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I believe it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]or referred to him as boring.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]He is stale[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I mean hell even super politician Hulk Hogan jobbed a couple times during his big 80s run.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Think about it, each week Cena gives one of two promos: "joking around into serious", or "talk low then scream really loud serious". That's it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hogan jobed to Warrior clean, that was it. Andre couldn't even get a clean win, everyone else got DQ's and count out victories.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cena is the Hogan of the current gen, and it's a shame, because I can at least enjoy some old Hogan matches.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cena hasn't given me jack shit to look back on.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I feel bad for Cena[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It's obvious Cena works crazy hard for WWE as far as promotion and appearances goes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If WWE's product ever gets edgier anytime soon, he's going to be in trouble[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]He should just stick to that then, his in ring work has not improved on bit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]one*[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well nobody is allowed to look legitimately strong against him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It's unfortunate that Vince has some hair up his ass about Cena. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cena cannot last without a PG product[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The guy makes Vince a lot of money.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]unless he goes heel and back to rapping[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I also think it's funny, while we're on the topic of Cena, that Hogan believes Abyss is their John Cena. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Don't get me started on Abyss[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Who else spit their chocolate milk out when they read that?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Abyss used to not be half bad when he first came on the scene[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I spat strawberry milk[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I hate Cena, but fucking Abyss will never make even ten percent of the money that Cena has.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I used to love Abyss back in like 03-05[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]True monsters don't cry[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]They also don't shriek like blueberries[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The only credit Cena gets from me is making money off all the kids. Abyss on the other hand still is to me, a Foley rip off. I said it and it's true, he knows it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now he's got some ring that gives him powers. I hope Bob Ucker uses his ring to kick Abyss's ass.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's gotta be the stupidest storyline TNA has ever done. And that's saying something[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Speaking of Bob, what the hell did they run out of HoFers this year?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well they probably want to spread it out so they have people each year. What are you're thoughts on next year possibly being an all WCW Hall of Fame?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think WCW HOF's will be WWF HOF's lol[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I don't know of many from WCW that aren't in the hall of fame now, or that deserve to be. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I question giving Goldberg a spot, considering Savage hasn't made it in yet, or Backlund.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]who are they going to do that aren't in TNA or weren't in WWF beforehand besides Goldberg[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I might cry if they deny me Mr. Peerfect and Owen Hart for another year[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And most of the ones that were popular during WCW's big run were WWE castoffs and the ones that were there before that had they're heyday when it was NWA.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Perfect made it in last year.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]oh yeah thats right lol[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Next year I can see them putting in Goldberg, and then doing cast offs that made it big in WCW, like Savage, maybe the Road Warriors. I'd love to see Arn and Tully get in.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sting is the only other one..oops TNA[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I wish I could be Tully Blanchard during his Horsemen days.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tully might get in nextyear[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]They should put the rest of the Horsemen in (Tully, Arn, Ole), Malenko maybe, DDP could get in.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DDP-naw[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Malenko-Not sure[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Malenko I don't really know about that one.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Poor Benoit, he deseves to be in one day[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DDP had plenty of title runs and decent storylines before WCW fucked it all up. Malenko I can see getting in thanks to some other shady entrants that are going in/have gotten in.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Makes you wonder how different things would have been if people would have seen the warning signs with Benoit[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]He never would have won the WHC[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]How do you mean?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]brb, i gotta drop a d[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think WWE would have taken serious notice had they seen the warning signs. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]LOL[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]speaking of a dud, Bret vs Vince will suck[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Bret sold his injured leg after he took off the cast (WTF!?)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I really don't see anything good about it. It's gonna be so predictable. Bret with beat vince up for a few minutes then vince will do something to take control and get heat for a bit before Bret Hart makes the comeback (I wonder if he'll do his usual five moves of doom) and gets the win.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I don't think Bret can do the sharpshooter[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]He can't take a hit to the head but he mafe it a street fight?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Would have better if both took to the corners of Cena and Batista[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah this match is pretty much gonna be bad[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Either that or a tag match with two other people so they can limit they're in ring action[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]their*[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Back, sorry, the sloppy joes are kicking my ass.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Vince put on a better match with his son[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]lol[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hell dude his match against Stephanie will probably be better than this.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think Bret and Vince might be watchable, I know the deal with the street fight stip, why it was put in there. I'm hoping Bret can do more then he's letting on.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]nope he can't[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We'll have to wait and see, I'm taking that approach anyway. The little belly Bret had back on Jan 4th is gone, so he's working out.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I know he had been able to get back to lifting the same weights he used to during his wrestling days. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If Hogan can take more bumps than you, something is wrong[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'm a huge (huge) Bret mark, so you know I've been looking forward to just about everything involving him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I don't know that Hogan takes any bumps. When I watched his tag match, the few seconds that I did, Hogan did a back bump where he sat down then rolled backwards.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]He at least bladed[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Vince Russo needs to be hanged[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Pretty much[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anyone can blad man.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]blade*[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fucking teenagers are blading in their backyards every weekend, I don't give them credit for shit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Bret can't blade[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's the problem with TNA. Everybody blades. If the second match on the card has blood why should you care if the main event has blood?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Why exactly?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Nobody can in the WWE.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]lol anyways, TNA's booking is at an all time low right now[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Alright with that being said, what's the point of blading exactlly?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If it's done so often the effect is lost.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Exactly[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Blading has never made a match better.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]So Bret doesn't need to blade, and Hogan doing it means jack shit to me, Flair did it in the same damn match.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It makes a match like HIAC more realistic[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The only time blading actually really really helped a match was Bret vs. Austin at Mania 13[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I don't buy that HIAC matches need blood.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]some do[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It's the same as the theory of them needing to have spots outside the cage. It's not something that is needed to help the match. Case in point, HBK/HHH had a HIAC where they stayed in the cage (the whole point of the match) and it was great.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cage is different from HIAC[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The match was a HIAC, they stayed inside the cage man.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The match worked without needing to go outside, like most people feel should happen in HIAC matches. Same for blood, it doesn't always help things. I don't buy into either theory.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]They might as well have made that a cage match[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well guys I gotta take off, let me know when you want to do this again![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]cya[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Remember the whole point of a HIAC match, is to keep the people inside.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]lol Ronnie has spoken[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yeah let's go ahead and call this one. I'll try and piece this together and maybe get it posted.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]ok man I like this btw[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]thanks I'll try to have more concrete topics for discussion next time.[/FONT]

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The only way I'd be able to participate at that time is for it to be done on one of my days off. I leave for work at 9:30pm so yeah.

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing one this sunday around 8:30PM Eastern Time. That way it's a different time so maybe more people can participate.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I should be able to do that. I'd only be able to go for an hour though. Don't know how long yall do them for. What's the topic going to be?

Reaction score
Edited.

Here's a topic to bring spice to the review section. You can take one wrestler from ROH, TNA, or WWE and trade them to another company for another wrestler (I.E WWE to TNA, TNA to ROH, or ROH to WWE and vice versa). Anybody at all, current champions, doesn't matter.

Here's some I would do-

Chris Jericho to TNA and Hernandez to WWE (specifically Smackdown)

Chris Hero to WWE and Christian to ROH

Reaction score
Bringing it back.

I know this is a double post but this is my section so fuck it.

I don't know when a lot of people would be able to be on MSN at one time so we'll do it like this. I'll post a statement and then the rest of you will say whether or not that statement is fact (meaning it will happen) or fiction (meaning no chance of happening) and you have to intelligently explain your choice.

Ok statement # 1-Somebody new will win a world title in WWE (Other than Jack Swager earlier in the year) later this year.

Reaction score
^^ The main issues I find with this is that it's a ton of writing to go through, and most times I cba. I think maybe if you guys used Skype and communicated via that, uploaded it as a .MP3 to MU or RS, you'd have more listeners/more people involved.