IWA-MS under investigation by the PoPo after show.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Mike Levy is made now, he's going to make a career out of this incident. At this point, I'm hoping IWA-MS gets fined or even banned. I'm kind of sick of seeing that type of wrestling in general, so I'm hoping something should be done.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I haven't found footage yet, but I did find a picture.. From the looks of it, it looked gruesome.. But I couldn't see Knuckles.. I think it's the Tank guy(fat guy stomping on Mike, and Devon Moore is the guy who looks crazy, in rest position.. Mikey's obviously the guy being beaten
damn.jpg

ollie

Reaction score
I'd like to point out that that pic is taken after the guy jumps from the second rope and lands square on the back of the guy's head. His face was proper messed up after that. Disgusting.

Marvel26

Reaction score
I can't tell if it was an angle or not. It seems so much like an angle because no-one stopped it and Levy didn't try to defend himself but it looks so real.

Whether it is an angle or not I have lost all respect for Mickie Knuckles. She is actually the only one from the video that I actually know of so I couldnt care less about the others.

gashface

Reaction score
What they did to him was inexcusable, it looks obvisously planned on their part. People like that bring shame to the wrestling business.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I have several points to make about this

1. If Mickie Knuckles knew she was signing a contract two days later with TNA why would she agree to wrestle in a deathmatch tournament? I know she wants to appease the fans before she goes but she's lucky all she got was a knot on her head because it could have been a lot worse Mike Levy incident or not. Look at what happen to Mitch Page in a past deathmatch

Mitch Page-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seKej1z2U3Q you need to have an account with youtube to view the video.

2. Say what you will about Ian Rotten but he doesn't book yarders. Sure some of his wrestlers might seem like yarders but most actually are trained and can work.

3. The line between work and shoot is very hard to distinguish in IWA-MS. Especially during a deathmatch. It's very hard to be working safe with someone and try to kill them at the same time. Plus in deathmatches of course people are going to be working stiff. Mickie knew that going into the match. If she didn't want to wrestle Levy all she had to say was "Ian I don't feel comfortable wrestling him" and Ian could have made him stay in the back or leave. That makes it all the more likely it's a work.

4. As far as Mike Levy not fighting back. The whole fight started afterwards because Mike Levy refused to sell his beatdown so they beat him up some more and he still refused to stay down, probably because he was too loopy to realize where he was.

5. If they were out to seriously injure him they would have just locked him in a legit submission hold and cranked on it or really beat him hard. You guys saw the size of Tank, he could have easily punched his face in until his nose was in the back of his head.

6. After the beatdown nothing happened. Mike didn't even go to the first aid area for treatment and was even reported to be laughing and smiling less than five minutes after the horrible beating. Kind of a strange thing to be doing after taking the worst legit beating in the history of professional wrestling.

7. If he was so unprofessional and such a shit wrestler why would Ian book him again? That more than anything screams work.

thedeadite

Reaction score
The fact that Ian booked him again and the fact that Levy ACCEPTED the booking totally proves that it's a work.
No one in their right mind says, "hey last time i was here i got legit beat to hell by several people after the match but you know, maybe they'll be nice to me this time"

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
I think everyone is just overreacting to this. He got stiffed for not selling. This shit happens all the time. He just got really fucked up. I don't think that was a disgusting beat down. Shit, he can still work the next night if he wanted to. No broken bones or devestating injury. Just pain.

Ian probably lied to him when he told him he was coming back. Promoters do that all the time. The fact that all this controversy has happened and everyone threw a shit fit means he has to cover it up by calling it a work and ACTUALLY bringing him back in to make it a work.

Who cares? Everyone's acting like they committed murder or something.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Update!

rajah.com said:
The criminal investigation stemming from the beating Mike Levy took at the IWA Mid-South "Queen of the Death Match" event in Sellersburg, Indiana in late June has concluded. No criminal charges were filed and the Indiana State Police have dropped their investigation regarding the incident.

Levy, an apparent indy wrestler based out of North Carolina, took a huge beating following his match with Mickie Knuckles at the show. The beating appeared to be in retaliation for Knuckles getting a big bump on her head during their match as she was scheduled to get a huge push from TNA at their TV tapings the very next week. Although, Knuckles likely caused the knot on her head herself, as she became incensed at one point during the match and gave Levy a repeated number of violent headbutts. Follwowing his match Knuckles, two IWA-MS wrestlers by the name of Devon Moore & Tank hit the ring and began beating Levy. They also taunted him on how to sell. Levy took some pretty bad shots from them, including two dangerous double stomps off the top ropes onto his head and into a barbed-wire ladder (including one from a none too agile 400-pounder), some unprotected chairshots, and more. Ian Rotten, his young son, and two or three others also got involved, giving Levy some more stiff shots.

Sellersburg Chief of Police Russ Whelan said, "They all say — even the young man who was in the wrestling match — that it’s part of the show. I don't know if I agree with that. I've got mixed feelings."

IWA Mid-South owner Ian Rotten blamed the police investigation on rival competitors trying to stir trouble, calling it "petty, local politics." Rotten believes competitors sent the video to police trying to get his company in trouble. Rotten said he has put on more than 500 wrestling shows and has never had a problem anywhere else.

A few weeks ago, Rotten told the CBS affiliate out of Louisville, Kentucky that the beating was scripted and while it was quite stiff, Levy knew it was coming. Rotten said Levy came back to watch the rest of the show later in the evening. He said Levy is scheduled to wrestle again at a show in Illinois in October.

Following the incident, Ian Rotten posted a message on the IWA Mid-South message board in response to the removal of a thread about the Mike Levy incident. He wrote: "If you got s*** you would like to talk about of the Mike Levy deal, then talk about it here. I don't want a separate thread started for just that stuff that people are saying happened, but did not happen just like was already on the thread. If you want the real story, buy the DVD. The kid got an ass whipping for what I, and many others, feel was all the right reasons. He did not go to the hospital. As a matter of fact, he came back after getting cleaned up to watch the rest of the show. He was told he would be brought back and was grateful for that so I guess he could not be too bad off. I promise, (his) face does not look anywhere near as bad as Mickie's does these morning. The kid was not beat up as people are putting it. If he was beat up by the wrestlers who were out there, he be lying in a hospital bed right now. End of story!"

On another note, the police chief warned the bowling alley against hosting any more wrestling shows because they were not properly zoned for the IWA-MS event. The venue wasn't cleared for the last show, but they are currently attempting to get the proper zoning permits for future shows. Another IWA-MS event is scheduled at the bowling alley on August 30 and 31. Rotten said the bowling alley is working on getting clearance in time for the shows. They held an event there on Saturday, July 26.

You can read The Evening News & Tribune's story on the situation at this link.

You can see a video of the Mike Levy incident (this is the same video/URL that was sent to police) at this link.

ouch.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I've seen the vid and it's pretty f'ed up, but I do think that it was a work. A very stiff work, but a work just the same.

Christian

Reaction score
wow i watched the whole video but closed it right when that guy stomped his face into the ladder