It's the War Games all over again..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Saddlerrad

Jobber
Reaction score
I can just see it now.

Flair returns and rejoins Evolution... We have the faces (The Shield and Bryan) vs the heels (Triple H & Evolution)...we have a mass brawl...the lights go out and then Sting zip wires down into the ring just like he did on the Hogan attack all those years ago. Did nobody else notice how many times Triple H said 'you want a war' during the final segment? It couldn't be anymore obvious. Sting will be a managerial/enforcer for The Shield and Co, whilst Triple H is the Vinny Mac of our time.

It puts Sting over and means he doesn't have to get in the ring whilst also making sure that we don't have to rely on Taker again next year.

Thoughts?

Zulqi

Jobber
Reaction score
Don't think Ric Flair will return to re-join Evolution. He's too old. Also, i'd rather see Sting in action with his baseball bat. He comes to WWE and everyone is chanting Sting, he then shakes hand with the faces as if he is on the Shield and Daniel Bryan's side but then Evolution came out and start to run towards the ring and Sting realises and then hits Roman Reigns with a Baseball hat and Triple H goes after Daniel Bryan, Kane attacks Roman Reigns with Sting, Batista takes on Ambrose and Orton takes on Seth Rollins. The first battle goes to the heel leading Evolution (Bare in mind, Sting is the new member of Evolution) + Authority to stay strong the first battle. Then maybe the fans turn on Sting and start booing Evolution.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Any idea that puts Sting into a regular (or even semi-regular) wrestling role is a non-starter.

If he has a WWE match, it needs to be the one against Undertaker at Mania (not saying I want to see it any longer, just saying that's the only actual match he should wrestle).

I'm also not a big fan of the idea of Sting coming in and being part of a current storyline. With no Vickie Guerrero any longer, why not bring him in to be GM of Smackdown for a while?

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Honestly, without the Streak match vs Taker, fuck Sting in WWE.

And he was one of my favorites as a kid growing up, but I simply don't care to see him anymore at this point.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Not really a point for Sting anymore, but as long as he doesn't wrestle, fine.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Any idea that puts Sting into a regular (or even semi-regular) wrestling role is a non-starter.

If he has a WWE match, it needs to be the one against Undertaker at Mania (not saying I want to see it any longer, just saying that's the only actual match he should wrestle).

I'm also not a big fan of the idea of Sting coming in and being part of a current storyline. With no Vickie Guerrero any longer, why not bring him in to be GM of Smackdown for a while?

wk
Let's be real, the GMs serve no purpose. Maddox has done nothing in recent weeks, and Guerrero has only had involvement with the Divas.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Let's be real, the GMs serve no purpose. Maddox has done nothing in recent weeks, and Guerrero has only had involvement with the Divas.

Let's be real. The GM's have had no purpose due to the overarching Authority storyline. If HHH/Steph/Kane were not there every week, then an "authority figure" has a place.

On the other hand, having a face GM/Commissioner to oppose the Authority's figures can build more drama.

wk

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Let's be real. The GM's have had no purpose due to the overarching Authority storyline. If HHH/Steph/Kane were not there every week, then an "authority figure" has a place.

On the other hand, having a face GM/Commissioner to oppose the Authority's figures can build more drama.

wk
Exactly, so no point in bringing in Sting to be GM if the whole authority storyline will continue.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score

wk
Exactly, so no point in bringing in Sting to be GM if the whole authority storyline will continue.

You're right, unless he's to be brought in as a face GM/Commissioner to oppose the Authority. Basic point is: HHH is "the boss" (at least he has been treated as such), which means he can get out of control, unless there's an equal authority figure that can counter his power. This has often been a role played by faces who are no longer (or temporarily are not) active wrestlers.

wk

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
You're right, unless he's to be brought in as a face GM/Commissioner to oppose the Authority. Basic point is: HHH is "the boss" (at least he has been treated as such), which means he can get out of control, unless there's an equal authority figure that can counter his power. This has often been a role played by faces who are no longer (or temporarily are not) active wrestlers.

wk
I could only see this making sense if they had a team vs team match at Survivor Series or Summerslam. Also, Vince would be the more fitting person for this role.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I could only see this making sense if they had a team vs team match at Survivor Series or Summerslam. Also, Vince would be the more fitting person for this role.

I would see Vince coming in to install the GM/Commissioner, then let them "run things".

wk

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I would see Vince coming in to install the GM/Commissioner, then let them "run things".

wk
Still think it's too awkward, Sting and HHH don't have enough history between each other to have a good feud.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Still think it's too awkward, Sting and HHH don't have enough history between each other to have a good feud.

They don't need history if the storyline's set up right.

HHH continues to try and screw D-Bry and others who the fans back, starts to get out of control. Vince makes an appearance on Raw and announces that either he or the WWE Board of Directors is starting to question the judgment of HHH/Steph/Kane/The Authority and the decision has been made to put somebody in a position to counter their power. He then talks about somebody with a long history in the sports entertainment business, a man who has held numerous titles and who owes nothing to HHH, the WWE, or anybody else...except the fans. Then he reveals that Sting (who appears sans makeup, in a suit, MEM-style) is the man that he or the Board has chosen to do that. (Titles don't matter; they'll give him one.)

Hence, no history between Sting and HHH is necessary. Sting is a known commodity by WWE fans (they voted the guy the best US Champion of all time, after all) and he's been a face for most of his career. Further, he's generally considered one of the best natural faces in the business while HHH is considered one of the best natural heels in the business. Their confrontations would be classic.

(By the way, I know that won't be the wording of a Vince-brings-Sting-to-WWE promo, but Vince has good instincts and knows how to cut a promo, so I'm not too worried about what he actually says. It'll work, whatever it is.)

wk