• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is this the best WWE roster ever?

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
There are some strong talents in the WWE as of the moment. The likes of Shinsuke, Styles, Jeff, Matt, The Revival. The list goes on. But, this is not the strongest roster they've had. I agree with @Mr. Roman Empire here. 2002-2003 was a strong roster, this however is one of the best rosters WWE has had.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
1992 or 2005 in my opinion beats both 2002 and 2017 right now imo. 1992 had Flair, Savage, Hogan, Bret Hart, Taker, Warrior, Razor Ramon, Mr Perfect, DiBiase, HBK, Kerry Von Erich, Yokozuna, The Road Warriors, Nasty Boys, Roddy Piper, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Big Boss Man, Davey Boy Smith, Jake Roberts, IRS (Mike Rotunda), Snuka, Slaughter, Sid, Tito Santana, Rick Martel and Kamala.

And 2005 had people like Cena, Edge, Batista and Orton rising up. Awesome wrestlers like Eddie, Angle, Benoit, Jericho, RVD, Booker, Undertaker... Heel Triple H. And then you had other guys like Kennedy, Lashley and Benjamin all making a name for themselves. Shawn Michaels was awesome during the Hogan storyline too(i loved the summerslam, personally). And then you had Finlay and JBL who were epic heels. And London & Kendrick.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Yeah I loved the 2005 roster, it was brimming with charismatic characters who were damn good wrestlers too.

I think this group we have currently can go far though, it's a really talented bunch.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
1992 or 2005 in my opinion beats both 2002 and 2017 right now imo. 1992 had Flair, Savage, Hogan, Bret Hart, Taker, Warrior, Razor Ramon, Mr Perfect, DiBiase, HBK, Kerry Von Erich, Yokozuna, The Road Warriors, Nasty Boys, Roddy Piper, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Big Boss Man, Davey Boy Smith, Jake Roberts, IRS (Mike Rotunda), Snuka, Slaughter, Sid, Tito Santana, Rick Martel and Kamala.

And 2005 had people like Cena, Edge, Batista and Orton rising up. Awesome wrestlers like Eddie, Angle, Benoit, Jericho, RVD, Booker, Undertaker... Heel Triple H. And then you had other guys like Kennedy, Lashley and Benjamin all making a name for themselves. Shawn Michaels was awesome during the Hogan storyline too(i loved the summerslam, personally). And then you had Finlay and JBL who were epic heels. And London & Kendrick.

All the guys u listed were on the 2003 roster except for like Finlay, Kennedy and Lashley. In 03 u had Rock, Austin, Goldberg, and Lesnar.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
But if you're talking straight up superstar power then 2002 - 2003 without a doubt. You basically have all of them including Stone Cold, Rock, Goldberg, Brock and Hogan. Crazy roster

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
The reason I would say today's roster is one of the best is that, despite the charisma of wrestlers from 1992 and 2002, there are more wrestlers today that could create classic wrestling matches, than back then

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Having the physical ability and skills to make a good match only gets you so far. It's the wrestling way to tell a story in the ring that is a special skill that today's roster can't even come close to having compared to 92 or 02