Is the WWE locker room supporting Ryback during his mega-push? WWE star weighs in

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
a5d14b23014038dcabefadd18788e9f7.png

This month's WWE PPV headliner, Ryback, has the support of the WWE locker room during his mega-push, according to Smackdown GM Booker T.

"Definitely, I think the locker room is rooting for him," Booker told Wade Keller exclusively on Friday's PWTorch Livecast radio show. "He knows what the respect issue is in the business. He knows what that really, really means, and how far he's going to go or not go (based on respect)."

Booker noted Ryback has been around in WWE longer than most people think, which has helped him gain respect in the locker room, even if his on-air push seems relatively new.

"He's a humble kid. I do think the locker room is pulling for him to do well," Booker said about Ryback's upcoming Hell in a Cell PPV main event opportunity with C.M. Punk. Although unproven on a big stage, Booker believes Ryback will be able to hold his own in the ring.

"The tale is going to be told after he goes out there in the big main event slot," Booker said. "If he can pull that match up and pull that match together. If he can do that, his stock is going to go way up. If he goes out there and flops, it's going to go way down. So, I look forward to Ryback going out there and being able to pull the job off. I really think he can get it done."

-PWTorch

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Thought they would be, I've heard reports before that he's a polite respectful character backstage.

A big man with a nice soul. :smug:

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I can't tell if these superstars are being legitimate with their good wishes. Then again, I'm sure if there was actual heat Punk or Nash would have said something by now.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Very nice to know he's doing well backstage as well, it's always nice when people are good people.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Moved to RAW

How? Ryback is mostly a SD superstar but now on RAW, and Booker is the GM of SD, so it's general..

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
How? Ryback is mostly a SD superstar but now on RAW, and Booker is the GM of SD, so it's general..

It's generally a RAW storyline focusing on RAW's title despite the flimsy brand split. Also Ryback is listed as a RAW roster member on WWE.com

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ryback has been around for awhile. I think since tough enough. There's a video about Al Snow talking about him and his fatassery.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Dat Kid From Jersey said:
Ryback has been around for awhile. I think since tough enough. There's a video about Al Snow talking about him and his fatassery.

Could watch this over and over..:laugh: