Is the Undertaker even using the Deadman gimmick right now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I mean really, besides the entrance music and slow walk, what characteristics of the dead man gimmick has Taker been displaying? He hasn't rolled his eyes back, he hasn't said rest in peace, he hasn't used any supernatural powers, nothing. He isn't wearing his silly hat :taker:.

I really get the feeling either Big Evil or ABA will be appearing at Mania

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I really hope ABA does appear for Wrestlemania. His attire also screams dead man gimmick still, but I do think he'll reveal his short hair at wrestlemania and become the ABA (or perhaps my hopes cloud my judgement).

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I see the ABA at WM and I'll mark so hard if it happens.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Just seeing him as the ABA would up my interest in this match like 60 per cent.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
From what I can see he's becoming more human each year. He's probably moving away from The Undrertaker into being Mark Callaway for his retirement. He'll probably be similar but I doubt he'll be the same persona as the ABA.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
As mentioned, he's probably very close to retirement (this year could be his last match) and so he wants to play a more human character without completely leaving behind the Deadman gimmick technically, since it's a little late to revert back to an old gimmick completely at this point. But really, this is kinda the same way he was back in the late 90's before the whole Ministry gimmick began. When he was feuding with Kane, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, etc. in '97 and '98, he was the Deadman but he didn't do anything all that extraordinary, he just came out and gave promos (just like any other wrestler would) without hardly any supernatural mystique.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
As mentioned, he's probably very close to retirement (this year could be his last match) and so he wants to play a more human character without completely leaving behind the Deadman gimmick technically, since it's a little late to revert back to an old gimmick completely at this point. But really, this is kinda the same way he was back in the late 90's before the whole Ministry gimmick began. When he was feuding with Kane, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, etc. in '97 and '98, he was the Deadman but he didn't do anything all that extraordinary, he just came out and gave promos (just like any other wrestler would) without hardly any supernatural mystique.

Good point bout 97 98 it was really quite similar. Still see him retiring next year though 20-0 one more match I reckon.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He isn't retiring this year. No way. It would be a stipulation or something, he isn't going to just win and leave, or lose and leave. He deserves and will get more than that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:

True.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
HE STILL THE DEADMAN! That is his gimmick! It just his hair is going to be short my GOD! Can we stop it with this!? I sick of people keep taling about if he not deadman anymore! HELL NO! He still the deadman and after WM28 he going 20-0 at WM and he going after the world title!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Undertaker doesn't have enough gas in the tank to be a full time performer anymore