• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is the Stinger Showing His Age?

xtremebadass

I mean the guy lost his first NWA title the PPV right after BFG, and now he lost his second TNA title 2 weeks after BFG, the guy is 48 for those who don't know, he looks pretty good for his age, but is he finally starting to show his age? Is he losing his touch?

xtremebadass

Sure age has something to do withut what about guys like Ric Flair. Age has everything to do with it. Please, don't try to act like a smartass with me.

03mnm

Reaction score
Yes he is, I personally think he looks awful in the ring, but that could be Angle showing him up as well.

Are you kidding me Sting is a great old skool wrestler and if you think he is finished you should watch his match with Angle at BFG anyway I think his age does show but he still good in the ring and he adds star power to the roster.

The Rated R CMStar

Sting is showing his age. He can put his ocasional great match but in a regular he looks a little step down.

As for the fact of winning the gold and then losing it, I think TNA knows how much fans get behind Sting when he is chasing for gold, so they try to create that "feel right" moment with Sting finally winning it at the Big PPV, only to then go back to chasing it so fans can get behind him again

phantomgerald

I think he is not able to carry the title and defend it in a long run. Still, he looks incredibly young for his age and is probably fitter than most people, and as long as the crowd pops for him, TNA will keep him in the main event.

What can he do? Go and get young? He is a great in-ring Wrestler and they (TNA Bookers) just won't give him the right push, yes he is a senior guy and is +48 Years and his Contract is even coming to an end but what is TNA thinking when they make him Champion and 2 days later make someone else Champion? And no, he is not showing his Age it's the damn freaking Writers of TNA (Ahem..*Russo*..) who just don't give him the correct push that is good on him and I'm sure TNA will not renew Sting's Contract once it gets expired.

xtremebadass

They can give Sting that long drawn out Abyss rivalry, which was a major success, but they can't put together a nice title run for him, do they not believe in him or something?

Reaction score
I heard few months back that they where going to give him a title run then he was going to retire at the end of the year but I think he still has alot to offer TNA and I think they should renew his contract

Reinvented

Reaction score
Hell No Sting still got it. He still has one great 5 star match left in him. Its all about the push you get but still he aint getting buried so I'm happy to see him. You don't really need the strap to be a great wrestler.