Is the NXT Title now recognized as a World Championship?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crimson

Reaction score
This subject kinda kept me thinking, is the NXT Title a World Title?

Recently, the NXT Title's wikipedia page claims that this championship is now recognized as a world title upon Drew McIntyre win at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III.

upload_2017-10-17_16-16-42.png

upload_2017-10-17_16-17-29.png

Thoughts?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I mean, on the indies, almost every belt Drew held it was almost like a world title in that he defended it everywhere.

If we use the idea that a title has to be defended in multiple parts of the globe on multiple contients, and is the major title of a brand and/or promotion then to say the NXT title is a world title is not too far of a stretch. The NXT championship has been defended in America, Canada, Japan, the UK, Australia, and that is on television/PPV alone. The only thing that I think holds it back from being a true world title is that it is still technically a developmental brand. That, and WWE could have just been marketing it as a World title to say that Drew McIntyre, the chosen one, became world champ as Vince said he would way back when he originally debuted in WWE.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Drew's made other belts become official World Titles (i.e. ICW) therefore with a guy holding the belt having the history of doing that and the fact its been defended in multiple countries, for me it should be classed as the NXT World Championship regardless of it being developmental.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I mean, if you hold the NXT title, you're the best NXT wrestler in the world so I guess it's a world title. Would be a different story if no other title were to have "world" in front of it