Is Skip Sheffield returning on 2/1/12?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Skip Sheffield, who has been on the sideline for almost a year and is expected to return to WWE soon, tweeted several cryptic messages over the weekend.

Sheffield hinted that he could be the man behind the recent “It Begins” videos and could be returning as his “Ryback” Terminator character which I believe he used in NXT or FCW.

“Sitting in a chair at a table in Sin City wondering why this ladder is in front of me? Laughing at the gossip, the Secret Power, it begins..
Who am I? Only time will tell, but rest assured narkboys Im not a Terminator sent to save John Connor. I also hate College Station #Fake

I refuse to type it yyywid is fake, accept n forget. My life my rules. Born n raised in Sin City, soon a psycho will be unleashed. #Patience”

It’s worth noting that back in October, it was reported that WWE applied to register a new trademarks for the name “Ryback.”

Personally, I hope not.
It would be a major let down considering he's not over at ALL, as people remember him as a heel in The Nexus.

Reactions: Roadster

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Wow, I was thinking it could be him but then instantly thought "No, it's bound to be a household star". I would be disappointed because I was hoping so bad it'd be Jericho, and I was a big fan of Skip in the Nexus days. He won't be a face if he returns which is good, he's decent in the ring with good mic skills. But with Brodus deputing soon, where would he fit? I still think it's going to be Jericho.

That is a very weird Tweet from him though, just makes me more excited for Jan 2nd to see who it is.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Wow, I was thinking it could be him but then instantly thought "No, it's bound to be a household star". I would be disappointed because I was hoping so bad it'd be Jericho, and I was a big fan of Skip in the Nexus days. He won't be a face if he returns which is good, he's decent in the ring with good mic skills. But with Brodus deputing soon, where would he fit? I still think it's going to be Jericho.

That is a very weird Tweet from him though, just makes me more excited for Jan 2nd to see who it is.

If reports are true, Jericho is returning on 2/1/12 and going into a feud with CM Punk for the WWE title into WM. Now THAT is a match I want to see.

At first it was 100% for Taker, however because they've been building talks with Jericho it's now almost guaranteed for Chris.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Oh god I'm marking out even thinking about it. In those segments it does say "Taking back what's rightfully mine" aka Best in the World? Since Jericho said it long before Punk. Imagine the match itself, just imagine it! :)

Also, Jericho said a while back if he returns to WWE he'll have a new character, so I can't wait to see his gimmick. We've had Y2j, we've had his honest suit gimmick, both were gold, what's next?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Oh god I'm marking out even thinking about it. In those segments it does say "Taking back what's rightfully mine" aka Best in the World? Since Jericho said it long before Punk. Imagine the match itself, just imagine it! :)

Also, Jericho said a while back if he returns to WWE he'll have a new character, so I can't wait to see his gimmick. We've had Y2j, we've had his honest suit gimmick, both were gold, what's next?

Yeah, Jericho has been saying on Twitter for ages (I don't know if you have Twitter/if you follow him but w/e, if you do, follow me, @jonathansafc) that people are stealing his moves etc.

But one things for sure he would be back as a heel because that's what he is best. He also said a couple of weeks ago 'I will never be back as a Wrestler for WWE again' - Of course 'Wrestling' and 'Wrestler' are under the 'banned terms' in WWE because they're 'Story tellers' and 'Sports entertainers' so that's quite a heel-ish move, whilst also being hilarious.

Slightly off topic here:
Just think, we actually have two wrestlers as world champions.
Vince McMahon must have gone soft. :)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah I have twitter, will follow you now I'm @wweforumsnet (I spam tweet trends for traffic).

Yeah, it's definitely him using Twitter to further the storyline. Hence why we're in the "Reality Era" apparently, lol.

Haha, we had Christian and Punk as champions in MITB didn't we? I thought that would be a one off for proper "wrestlers" as champions, but lightning has stroke twice after TLC :).

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
I think it is more likely going to be Skip Sheffield than Chris. I heard somewhere that Chris Jericho is not returning because he is too old and unfit for it now. I really liked Chris too.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
GAF said:
I think it is more likely going to be Skip Sheffield than Chris. I heard somewhere that Chris Jericho is not returning because he is too old and unfit for it now. I really liked Chris too.

Chris is 40 and has took 4 of the last 10 years off so I think he should be good for one more run.

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
seabs said:
GAF said:

Chris is 40 and has took 4 of the last 10 years off so I think he should be good for one more run.

I believe him, himself, posted on Twitter saying he was not comming back.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
GAF said:
seabs said:
GAF said:

He's a heel, he said he will never wrestle for WWE again.
They don't wrestle, they tell stories and sports entertain.
Duh.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
GAF said:
seabs said:
GAF said:

On the day of his previous return he said he was doing a gig with fozzy on the other side of the country. He talks about it in his second book.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
GAF said:
seabs said:
GAF said:

On the day of his previous return he said he was doing a gig with fozzy on the other side of the country. He talks about it in his second book.
Exactly, he's a heel. He does heel things.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It's very difficult really with Twitter now. It's hard to believe what heels say especially, since Twitter is used in most major storylines in the reality era. If he is returning, he's probably persuaded at least 200-300k of his nearly 500k fanbase on twitter that it isn't him just by those comments. So think how many are going to be surprised when it is him returning. If he's not returning and he's being honest, we all look stupid :p.

Thing is, what I find hard to believe is that a legend like Chris Jericho had his last run by being punted by Orton? I doubt that. The newest video out aswell of it begins screams Chris Jericho :). Canadian leaf (mapal leaf I think it's called) in the pond at 0.18. His name crossed out on the composition book. Lots of clues in this one.