Is Punk the Best Choice?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So Jericho's returned. He's come back basically with the soul purpose that while he was away everyone did what he was doing before he left, suits, big words, best in the world, promo style, etc. So based on these reason's he comes back and takes on Punk whose only actually guilty of also claiming he's the best.

So was Punk really the best choice for the feud based on these reasons?

Now to me this seems like it fits Dolph of Miz better claiming how great they are, dressing nice, big words etc. Punk he really isn't the majority of those things he's pretty straight forward t-shirt wearing type of guy. They didn't really have past history they've feuded but nothing that by the time these guys end their careers would have been much of a bookmark.

So any reason other than the title for this feud?

Would it have been better with someone else?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Those two wouldn't have worked for a few reasons. Jericho would be face and a face coming back bitching about you stole my this or that would just not work. Also those two are not main eventers so if he did it with them it wouldn't be for the WWE title. The main thing Jericho was pissed about above the moves and all that was the best in the world phrase which is what Punk has been using.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
True I think Miz and Ziggler could have been flipped face before Jerichos return or use the angle to make them the better or two evils and turn them face and the feud could even then establish them as main eventers perhaps. I'm just not really getting what I thought I would out of this angle so far. I'm not sure of the outcome, I really don't see Jericho winning even though I'd like him to. So it seems like yet another pre-determined match on the card with pretty weak build up that could have been better. Not saying Miz or Ziggler would have been better just picking people brains on the might have been.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Miz as a face would work much much better than Dolph as a face imo. I can see what you're saying which is there is no real pay off to this match at the end of the day which is in part because of Jericho never being a true main eventer at any part of his career and being too open to putting people over without any real payoff. So if you're looking for a real pay off to Jericho elevating somebody which is what I think you're getting at then no one would work for this angle.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I can't see Dolph working but Miz it could Miz and Jericho are buddies then Jericho could have called him out on the suits and talking slowly. It would have worked along with how they were a mini tag team at some point. Still think Punk is best fit and I'm stoked to see them match up.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I think Punk is the right guy for only 1 major reason. He was being billed as THE GUY and Jericho having issue with that when "He's the Best" makes sense. No problem with it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So this thread is more about Jericho's return? Too be fair it is the best choice for him to feud with Punk because Punk is the champion. I think this thread idea would have been better if you flipped it because I think there are names that are more deserving than Jericho right now that could be challenging Punk at Mania.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
My only problem is that Danielson also calls himself the best in the world too, so why didnt he go after him as well.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Punk is the best choice it can be made into a big match punk, I like Ziggler but it wouldn't have the same feel, although that could have left the door open for Punk v Kane

ATKOOL

Reaction score
Punk was the best choice without question.