Is Punk ready?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

I don't get it. People usually complain about WWE not making new stars. They book Punk v Taker in hopes of legitimizing Punk in the eyes of those who still don't buy him as a main eventer, and people are bitching and moaning that Punk "isn't ready"?

I don't remember hearing this crap when Kennedy was feuding with Taker a couple of years back.

When has Taker ever made a new star anyway?

We have seen this scenario over and over again. Taker goes up against rising young star. Taker goes over rising young star.

This is my whole issue. Unless Taker is going up against an established main eventer, Taker will always go over. I don't see why this trend would end here. I'd personally rather see Punk go against anyone else.

Great One

Yeah, I have a feeling Undertaker is going to go over too... sooner or later, then Jericho will step up and inevitably feud with him. Think it's pretty obvious. Say it goes to Hell in a Cell, you really think Punk is going to beat Undertaker in that?

noumenon

Punk doesn't have to beat him. It's enough for him to be running a program with him and look good in it. No one is expecting him to beat Taker in HIAC...I don't think many people would be expected to go over Taker in that match.

This whole discussion is ridiculous... people complain about the lack of pushing and new stars. Well here it is...stop questioning it.

Ballin

Reaction score
Okay, I'm NOT 39!!!!!! I'm 29. Next time look at my age! Yes, I know it's scripted. Don't insult me! People are allowed to have their own opinion. You may not agree with me and that's fine. I really don't care. You don't have to insult me because you don't agree with me.

Did I strike a nerve by missing your age? Lmao. I took one glance at your profile and got ages mixed, it's still too old to be "punk makes me soo angry!!1 i hope undertaker rips his face off dudee!!11". Your opinon sucks, quit using that as your crutch.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
The hard part with feuding with Undertaker is that he's so untouchable as a character. You can't really mess with the gimmick, and appearing out of nowhere, scaring his opponents and all the other crap he does makes it hard for an opponent to be on the same level with the fans. I think Punk will do fine in a feud, but I don't expect anything major in his development.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
Did I strike a nerve by missing your age? Lmao. I took one glance at your profile and got ages mixed, it's still too old to be "punk makes me soo angry!!1 i hope undertaker rips his face off dudee!!11". Your opinon sucks, quit using that as your crutch.

Yes, you did piss me off. I have my opinion and you have your opinion.

Reaction score
Punk doesn't have to beat him. It's enough for him to be running a program with him and look good in it. No one is expecting him to beat Taker in HIAC...I don't think many people would be expected to go over Taker in that match.

This whole discussion is ridiculous... people complain about the lack of pushing and new stars. Well here it is...stop questioning it.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I can't see Punk coming out 'looking good' from this fued. I can't see Punk getting the rub from Taker that will help solidify him in the ME scene. This is why I'm bringing this up.

We have seen this scenario over and over again. Taker goes up against rising young star. Taker goes over rising young star.

This is my whole issue. Unless Taker is going up against an established main eventer, Taker will always go over. I don't see why this trend would end here. I'd personally rather see Punk go against anyone else.

Spot on.

I don't get it. People usually complain about WWE not making new stars. They book Punk v Taker in hopes of legitimizing Punk in the eyes of those who still don't buy him as a main eventer, and people are bitching and moaning that Punk "isn't ready"?

I don't remember hearing this crap when Kennedy was feuding with Taker a couple of years back.

You just can't take anyone who's in the ME, stick him with Taker straight up and expect to just happily legitimise him in the eyes of all fans. How can I seem him as a legitimite ME'er after Taker if I can't see him putting up a fight going into the fued.

The reason you never heard me bitch about Kennedy last few years was because, unlike with Punk, I'd given up trying to express my views to the majority.
Anybody remember who Kurt Angle feuded with when he first won the WWE Championship? It was Undertaker. I'm sure alot of people back then were saying "why is Kurt Angle getting a feud with Undertaker? There's no way he's gonna come out looking good" but he did. That feud was actually booked really good and this one with Undertaker and Punk has the same amount of potential.

Good point. But there are a few other aspects you need to look at too. Pre-championship fueds. I don't know the history of Angle or Lesnar, but prior fueds could have easily set up the Taker fueds and 'lessened the blow'. A guy coming off a winning fued against ... Jericho, is a lot easier to understand than a victory off Funaki.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Is punk ready.
Is he in Takers league noway far from.
But as for if he is ready to have a go with Taker. IMO yeah why not give him a shot. Everyone is moaning there is no new talent coming through to main event when others leave, Or they aren't pushing ppl fast enough. This is the perfect to push Punk. IMO working with Taker will only help elevate Punk higher. I dont see Punk winning clean or anything. But it will be a nice little rub for Punk. The way i see it is if you want to push stars to the main event then you need to see if they can hang with the big boys of the ME.

Reaction score
As much as I love CM Punk, it seems a little too rushed.
Although, it'll be cool to see the Anaconda Vice again this Sunday!

The Rated R CMStar

I am not even going to argue about if CM Punk is credible or not, because as the way I see it, the whole logic of the feud is to make it seem that CM Punk is biting more than he can chew with The Undertaker.

Qwake

Even if Punk isn't ready (which is a stupid argument) who else is there currently on the Smackdown roster that is available to face the Undertaker?

Also, Taker helped put Mr Kennedy over when Kennedy was sort of around Punks level, just without the title but he had pretty much the same reactions as Punk, after Kennedy feuded with Taker he was at the highest point in his WWE career imo even if he won or lost it helped him a shitload and really got him over and noticed, Taker could and should do the exact same thing for Punk. Kennedy hadn't even been Champ unlike Punk and Soulpower reckons nobody cared then, why should people care now?

Most of you have said Punk/Taker feud has been entertaining thus far so why are alot of you complaining?

Airfixx

Brock Lesnar (Whenever that was.)

Yeah, I know he'd already beaten Hogan, Big Show etc., but for the exact same reasons as you cite that Punk won't win, lesnar beating Taker 2 (or more?) times in a row is what sent him to the proverbial 'moon'.

Unless Taker is going up against an established main eventer, Taker will always go over. I don't see why this trend would end here. I'd personally rather see Punk go against anyone else.

Wouldn't be so bad if Punk could heel-out and at least force a rematch, thus generating a bit more heat for his character, before the inevitable and eventual title-change... Starting a fued with a submission match sucks!(***) Fuckin' themed PPVs.... As if they're gonna have Taker submit Punk.. They're already billing it as "Can Punk Survive" (not "Can Punk make Taker submit"). :roll:

(*Unless it particularly fits your gimmick)!

Is Punk ready?

He can work and is over.... What else is there?

Soulpower

He can work and is over.... What else is there?

He needs to pretend he's a marine and wear jean shorts. If he said a couple of poop jokes and started RANDOMLY YELLING DURING PROMOS TO SHOW HIS INTENSITY!!!!!!!!!!, then he would be ready.

The Rated R CMStar

Punk will retain. I don't know how they'll do it, but CM Punk will retain. WWE sometimes is stupid, but not that much, and no way they'll create a brand new feud, skipping Punk's rematch, that would culminate in 2 months for Hell in a Cell.

Punk is walking out champion (then again, Taker could win, and Punk regain at Bragging Rights, but lets all have faith :shifty:, I mean, Taker is winning the belt at HIAC, save it for then)