Is Punk ready?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

His smart ass smug asshole shtick is honestly putting just about every other heel in the business to shame right now. If anyone deserves to be holding a title and in the main event right now it's Punk.

People said the same thing when Edge was playing the smart ass smug asshole 2 years ago and Jericho was doing it a year ago.

This character is nothing new.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
It's HOLIER*

And the fact that you feel that way just shows that he's doing a great job as a heel.

And @Entertamed... there was nothing hypocritical about what he said. Check a dictionary before you try to insult people.

Problem solved... back on topic.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I think you were the one insulting me. That's the way I took it anyway.

noumenon

First...@Batista fan.... I was sticking up for you. Read more carefully.

People said the same thing when Edge was playing the smart ass smug asshole 2 years ago and Jericho was doing it a year ago.

This character is nothing new.

Punk's is a little different though. The things that come out of his mouth are the perfect little backhanded insults to everyone. Jericho simply called people hypocrites and tapeworms and such. Punk is insulting people's life styles and condemning people for everything that they do.
Regardless of whether the character is completely fresh or not he's still doing a great job of making it his own.

And Shawn Michaels has been booked as a mid-carder? Are you out of your mind? HBK is just as on the same level...if not arguably higher than Taker. A feud with either of these guys does wonders for any young guy's career.

xtremebadass

Punk is not worthy of facing the Undertaker, plain and simple.

Let's see, not even John Cena has had a big time feud against the Undertaker! Orton and Batista has had big time feuds against the Undertaker, but those aren't anything to ride home about. They are putting him against Taker way too early to say the least.

9000th POST

noumenon

And neither has Jericho, who's far more deserving of one than Cena...your point? Who cares if he's "READY"...he doesn't have to be ready. It's a great oppurtunity and it's been entertaining thus far.

Reaction score
First...@Batista fan.... I was sticking up for you. Read more carefully.

Punk's is a little different though. The things that come out of his mouth are the perfect little backhanded insults to everyone. Jericho simply called people hypocrites and tapeworms and such. Punk is insulting people's life styles and condemning people for everything that they do.
Regardless of whether the character is completely fresh or not he's still doing a great job of making it his own.

And Shawn Michaels has been booked as a mid-carder? Are you out of your mind? HBK is just as on the same level...if not arguably higher than Taker. A feud with either of these guys does wonders for any young guy's career.

This is not at all what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about his promo skills. I'll admit, they're pretty good - and the angle they're working is pretty good (or it was with Hardy. Don't see how this is gunna go with Taker...). I'm talking about, and I'm sure CM54 is as well, that Punk is not on the same 'fighting' level as Taker. You can't seriously look back at what he's done this year and say to yourself - Punk is capable to fight the Undertaker and give him a run for his money. You can't.

And neither has Jericho, who's far more deserving of one than Cena...your point? Who cares if he's "READY"...he doesn't have to be ready. It's a great oppurtunity and it's been entertaining thus far.

Now you're backing up my point about CM CHUMPion. He hasn't been pushed properly for this title reign, let alone a match against the Undertaker. It started when he won MiTB a second time, then got worse when he couldn't beat JoMo, lost the title to Hardy. This is getting close to just as bad of booking as Mysterio and his "WHC reign".

noumenon

There aren't many people who are at the "fighting level" of Taker. Would you honestly say that Edge was booked to look as strong as Taker? Hell no...absolutely not. But he got a feud with Taker. CM Punk is a heel, do you honestly think he's going to be picking up a clean win over Taker the way heels are booked these days?

I'm tired of this whole.."pushed properly" crap. That's the problem with the way guys are built lately. They take way too long to push them to a main event point that by the time they get there it took so long that no one gives a shit anymore. I think Punk has been doing a great job so far. He's on Smackdown, the show that's meant to built new stars. And thats exactly what they're trying to do with Punk right now, trying to make him a major name. If this works..awesome. If not...what harm has been done.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Anybody remember who Kurt Angle feuded with when he first won the WWE Championship? It was Undertaker. I'm sure alot of people back then were saying "why is Kurt Angle getting a feud with Undertaker? There's no way he's gonna come out looking good" but he did. That feud was actually booked really good and this one with Undertaker and Punk has the same amount of potential.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

And if memory serves me correctly Brock Lesnar also feuded with Undertaker during his first title run. And Steve Austin did as well. Lots of title holders have had make or break feuds with Undertaker. It all depends on the person as far as how good the feud is.

Ballin

Reaction score
TBQH, I think Punk IS ready for Taker. I didn't think Punk would even be questioned of "not being ready". This is completley un-biased coming from a huge Punk fan. But look back on his past fueds, most of them have been sucessful. He was pushed the the main-event scene when he was needed and I think he'll do great.

@batistafan: You are entitled to your own opionion but you're 39...do you relise it's scripted yet?

Axis

Punk is not worthy of facing the Undertaker, plain and simple.

Let's see, not even John Cena has had a big time feud against the Undertaker! Orton and Batista has had big time feuds against the Undertaker, but those aren't anything to ride home about. They are putting him against Taker way too early to say the least.

9000th POST

This is an awful argument. You're saying that nobody is worthy of facing the Undertaker that is below John Cena's level, because John Cena has not feuded with the Undertaker. That would disqualify virtually every wrestler in the WWE from a feud with the Undertaker. The fact is that you have to look at context (that being, Cena is vital to Raw and Undertaker is vital to Smackdown). They cannot simply have Undertaker hang out until it's appropriate to feud with John Cena.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
TBQH, I think Punk IS ready for Taker. I didn't think Punk would even be questioned of "not being ready". This is completley un-biased coming from a huge Punk fan. But look back on his past fueds, most of them have been sucessful. He was pushed the the main-event scene when he was needed and I think he'll do great.

@batistafan: You are entitled to your own opionion but you're 39...do you relise it's scripted yet?

Okay, I'm NOT 39!!!!!! I'm 29. Next time look at my age! Yes, I know it's scripted. Don't insult me! People are allowed to have their own opinion. You may not agree with me and that's fine. I really don't care. You don't have to insult me because you don't agree with me.

xtremebadass

I'm just saying in terms of pushing the newer talent against Undertaker, even Cena hasn't fought Taker, so he is way more deserving than Punk.

Jericho is a lock to fight Taker anyways, everyone wants to see that

Soulpower

I don't get it. People usually complain about WWE not making new stars. They book Punk v Taker in hopes of legitimizing Punk in the eyes of those who still don't buy him as a main eventer, and people are bitching and moaning that Punk "isn't ready"?

I don't remember hearing this crap when Kennedy was feuding with Taker a couple of years back.