• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is Matt Hardy Over-Rated??

I don't think he's overrated, he's underused. I think people get the misconception of him not being that good because he doesn't do that many "spot" moves. They alll want to see him jump off a ladder or go through a table. He can wrestle at an above average style, I guess some people just want to pull spots like Jeff.

^^ Not Everyone thinks a wrester is good if they jump off a ladder or through a table. If people thought that way then there will be only a handful of wresters that people would like. The Rock, Bret Hart, Hogon ect.. didn't jump off a ladder or go through a table to be liked by everyone.
Like I said before Hardy is not the best wrester to ever step in a ring and his matches are a bit repetitive.

the dark knight

ok, ill just make another comment. about his "exciting" matches, the 1st 20 mins of smackdown 3 days ago was totally....shit! boring, slow paced, and no high impact moves what so ever! his matches are boring as fuck unless he's in a special match (ladder, table or hardcore). and like hairless said, all of this mania created is because he's winning. his in ring shit didnt change since the matitude days, he's just winning now.

Edge_Foreva

Well he's not my favourite wrestler but his matches are kind of boring.

His moves are very predictable. Elbows, headlocks, snapmares. His finishes are always the same. What happens first is a Side Effects, which always gets a close count. Then he goes crazy and does his dance followed by a Twist of Fate. Thats pretty much the finish.

I will admit though he is a good seller but he really needs to expand his moveset.

Christian

Well he's not my favourite wrestler but his matches are kind of boring.

His moves are very predictable. Elbows, headlocks, snapmares. His finishes are always the same. What happens first is a Side Effects, which always gets a close count. Then he goes crazy and does his dance followed by a Twist of Fate. Thats pretty much the finish.

I will admit though he is a good seller but he really needs to expand his moveset.

Hence the name "finisher".

Kaedon

Nah I dont think he is over rated at all. He has developed into the person on SD whom will ALWAYS give you at least a 3 star match, no matter what bag of crap is in the ring with him.

I also love how Edge fans are saying Matt is repetitive and needs to "expand his moveset". Whens the last time Edge used a new move on a regular basis? 1998?

MattHardyV1

I'm not sure if he is over-rated overall but like I said he is definitely over-rated by this forum. Look at his last few very good matches, they were against MVP and William Regal who are definitely not scrubs when it comes to wrestling...You said in "WWE standards" he's phenominal? since when did WWE have its own standards set aside? I judge wrestling as a whole, not by company standards and IMO Matt Hardy isn't as good as some of you make him out to be. Dylan said "he's been impressive lately"...How? Because he has picked up a couple of wins? Lets not forget wrestling in pre-determined, Mickie James could beat Batista if Vince wanted her to. With that being said, I do believe Matt Hardy deserves a good title run because of his dedication and work that he has put in, as far as him being one of the top wrestlers in any standard...I DON'T THINK SO.

In fact, if I name WWE's most talented all around wrestlers I'm not sure if Matt Hardy would make top ten...Remember this is all my opinion, I'm sure some of you will disagree.

BTW, Sorry MatthardyV1...I'm sure you will not like this post, its all love :)

YOU SON OF A FUCKING BITCH!!!! jk jk lol

Na but heres the deal....the reason everyones calling Hardy over rated is because the whole IWC has jumped on the fucking bandwagon....I on the other hand have been a fan for 8 yr and counting....btw ^^Kaedon makes 100% perfect sence....Edge is far worse than Matt if you talk about boring,repetive shit..Edge is boring in the ring imo....I hate writing BTBs and shit about him because he has no fucking moves......Same with guys like HHH and shit...idk man....you all just think he has gotten too much attention as of late which is understandable....but you gotta remember you all are the ones who begged and pleaded for a Matt hardy push.

Great One

I've always LIKED the Hardy's, but only lately has he impressed me in singles matches. I think Kaedon said it best, like Edge, Hardy can be put into that same category of always producing an at least decent match. And compare Matt Hardy to Shawn Michaels, who is just as repetitive in the ring if not more and lacks any moves. Hell, pretty much any wrestler can be said to be 'repetitive', so it's hardly a solid argument. All you need to know is how to sell your moves, and Matt Hardy does that well, hence his popularity and charisma in the ring.

reaction

after watchin him against Masters this week i ahve decided he definetly isn't he has some greats moves he is better then his brother Jeff and can certainly surprise us all!

Reinvented

I have never seen the Hardys as main event guys these guys are entertainers for mid card and upper mid card nothing more. Its funny you guys say over rated and say Matt Hardy you should be saying Jeff Hardy.

Sery2

Jeff intrests me ALOT matt i like matt hardy his fueds with edge were accaullly good. Jeff and matt work together good... their entertaining but their entertaining in singles tooo. jeff was one of the best int. champ of all of 2006,and 2007. Matt well they need to give him some titles. but hey could u see a jeff vs amtt fued for the int. title anytime soon LOL just a thought dont critisize me like u guys like to do alot.

samborambo

Matt is not over rated but probably at the right level in fighting for the united states title, Granted he does not look as good in single matches as he does with his brother in tag team matches, but he can wrestle which is more that can be said for some of the roster (masters).

I like Matt Hardy, and feel he is the more talented of the two Hardy boyz.

His bro is just a bigger risk taker, and can take one hell of a bump.

I would look at those 3 matches with more criticism of his coworkers.

Out of those 3 guys, Cade works his ass off, but is not more than solid in any one area.

Masters is a stiff, cut in the mold of an old school Ken Paterra or Hercules.

And I am sorry, but MVP just plain sucks! IMO, he has to be carried to have a decent match as was evidence from his best match to date against Benoit at WM this year.

Hardy definately excels as a tag team wrestler. But is talented in his own right. I would look at these singles matches as just a way to build heat for tag team feuds.

Just like back in the day when they used to split up the Rock-N-Roll Express and pit them against one member of a team they were feuding with.

That's for the old timers like me out there! :red_bandana: