Is Managing a Lost Art?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Destination X | Mar. 11/07 | Storm & Jackie vs. Williams & Kim in a Double Bullrope

Quotes from the hosts of Live Audio Wrestling

Dan “The Mouth†Lovranski
Another freakin' gimmick match? Did these guys forget that their next PPV is entirely composed of gimmick matches with Lockdown?

Jason Agnew
I’m not a fan of mixed tag matches, nor am I a fan of bull rope matches, therefore I’m not going to like this match. I’d suspect this is merely a vehicle for Chris Harris to get right back into the mix.

John Pollock
Why are there so many gimmicks? Holy sh!t. There’s a reason people don’t care about gimmicks anymore, it’s because there are so many and they don’t mean a thing. It’s like the booking team has no faith in their performers alone that they need to be saddled with a gimmick match every time out, which more often than not just dilutes the match and makes it worse. Chris Harris comes back and we start the build for Storm Vs Harris. I suspect Storm and Jackie get past Peter and Gail.

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
Personally I believe that there needs to be more managers around in the business that have the ability to get young/debuting wrestlers over. You don’t see guys like Bobby Heenan, Freddie Blassie, Jimmy Hart, Lou Albano and Slick rolling around at ringside nowadays and as a result, many superstars are left in the dust. The ones that aren’t good on the mic are often in limbo and creative constantly ask “Why aren’t they getting over?â€￾ when the problem is clear.

Vickie Guerrero has done a good job with helping Dolph Ziggler late in 2010 and while employed, Armando Estrada was excellent managing Umaga. Larry Sweeney (RIP) was highly regarded as the best active manager in the past decade and had a stable of stars that got over huge and made names for themselves once they went solo. Aside from the Indies, the WWE has had a major problem with this.

The solution is to take Michael Cole off commentary and give him the role as manager because he fits the bill perfectly. His cowardly demeanor and charisma worked wonders for Jack Swagger, who was irrelevant as fuck just three months ago and now back in the limelight and on the Raw brand once again. He should not only manage Jack but a group of young upstarts as it immediately puts heat on them and at the same time they can work on their flaws outside of the ring. They should also do the same for Vickie Guerrero and bring back Abraham Washington.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Very much so and has been for quite a while. It is something I think needs to be brought back to life again. Vickie is the only true manager we've seen in WWE for a while and it's sad.

If Cole is gonna stick with this character then yes make him a manager and have him help give his heat to someone who needs it instead of it just being himself. There is Maxine who can be a good female manager there is Abe like you mentioned who should have been brought in as one. Someone like Kong aka Kharma def is fitting to have a manager so this would be a good time to bring one in.

Kairi

Reaction score
cole as a manager i think is a very good idea, god knows he needs to do something with that mouth of his besides push himself. maybe between him and vickie wwe will start using managers again.

Jay

Reaction score
Problem you have there is you now have two heel managers and no one to help the faces.

Yes, the art of managing is lost and yes it needs to be found again.

KaneMM

Reaction score
Michael Cole managing Swagger is a good idea. Swagger is great in the ring but sucks on the mic. Taking Cole off announcing is also a good idea. The WWE really does need more managers. Guys like Daniel Bryan and Tyson Kidd who suck on the Mic but are great in ring workers would benefit from a manager.