Is leaving Sasha Banks off of WWE TV a bad decision?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Despite being the most popular woman on the Main Roster, Sasha Banks has been largely absent on television since WrestleMania. As of now, there are still plans for her to win the Women's Championship at SummerSlam against Charlotte. Now, it's obvious that the WWE wants to protect Sasha. However, keeping her off of TV could damage her popularity to the point of no return. Banks should be built up slowly and expertly on her way to the title. Fans will get even more behind her than they already are and the fans will want the title off of Charlotte even more.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
No. I expect Charlotte to retain this weekend cleanly against Natalya. When she's feeling on top of the world, Sasha will return to bring her back down to reality. Not having had her on TV much lately will add impact to this when it happens.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sasha is hurt all of the time so yeah, keeping her off TV is good.

Push Lynch, she is the superior female

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I read that they're doing this for "storyline reasons" so I guess they have something big planned for Summerslam and I'm pretty sure it will pay off once she comes back.

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
I think it's a bad decision from a ratings standpoint. Sasha's clearly ridiculously over and not having her on TV simply annoys the fans. As for hurting her popularity, maybe a little, but nothing too damaging. Don't forget Sasha wasn't on TV too much during the early days of the "Divas' Revolution" and crowds chanted for her nearly every show.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I like her, but I haven't missed her at all tbh. So for me it hasn't been bad.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I think it's a bad decision from a ratings standpoint. Sasha's clearly ridiculously over and not having her on TV simply annoys the fans. As for hurting her popularity, maybe a little, but nothing too damaging. Don't forget Sasha wasn't on TV too much during the early days of the "Divas' Revolution" and crowds chanted for her nearly every show.
There's no evidence for Sasha being a ratings draw tho.
And if she's hurt (she has a ton of niggling injuries that she is denying despite being spotted at hospitals by fans) she should not be on TV and risking further injury until healed.

Reaction score
There's no evidence for Sasha being a ratings draw tho.
And if she's hurt (she has a ton of niggling injuries that she is denying despite being spotted at hospitals by fans) she should not be on TV and risking further injury until healed.
She's working a full house show schedule, so these nagging injuries that she probably has may not be bothering her too much.

Stopspot

Reaction score
She's working a full house show schedule, so these nagging injuries that she probably has may not be bothering her too much.
She's in multi woman matches more than she isn't, limiting her work. That's a telltale sign of something being wrong if there is injury rumors flying about.

Besides, who thought Vince was going to push her above Charlotte to begin with?

Reaction score
She's in multi woman matches more than she isn't, limiting her work. That's a telltale sign of something being wrong if there is injury rumors flying about.

Besides, who thought Vince was going to push her above Charlotte to begin with?
There haven't been any injury rumors for over a month now. Also, being in multi woman matches doesn't mean anything.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
They're supposedly keeping her off television until it's time to build a program with Charlotte for Summerslam. Which might be for the better considering there's not really much for her to do if she isn't feuding for the Women's Championship. The women's division isn't exactly deep at the moment, if you aren't feuding for the title, you're likely not doing anything of interest. At least when she returns from a several month hiatus, it'll likely be to a huge reaction.

They could have at least done an injury angle with Charlotte before taking her off television (I know she's still working house shows, but those aren't canon anyway), but whatever. WWE Logic.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason to put her on TV right now.. There's enough garbage going on in the women's division. No reason to mix Sasha up in this shit.

Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason to put her on TV right now.. There's enough garbage going on in the women's division. No reason to mix Sasha up in this shit.
So you're saying that Sasha is garbage.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A little bit of both...

It's bothersome that it wasn't explained. It doesn't suit Sasha's character to just beat up Summer and disappear after getting screwed out of the belt by Ric at 'Mania. Guess it's too much NXT but the lack of attention to detail there is bothersome

Otherwise, absolutely. I assume they were building to her return to do tags with Dana and Emma, but that's a massive waste of a return pop, and working random tags just makes her feel less special. From that standpoint, why not keep her out?

Also in play here is reading the wrestling audience in 2016, the fans have collectively decided that "aight, Summerslam is Sasha's time, yeah!"... What if they don't do that!? What if, say, Maryse returns to the ring for a big SS match? What if Nattle gets another shot or... Oh boy, Eva Marie... While Sasha's on the sidelines?... That seems to be the formula to make the biggest womens' star ever, isn't it?