Is it safe to say he's back?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CMS

Reaction score
With the entire focus put on Shawn Michaels (as it should), we are forgetting the other half of the equation, The Undertaker.

When he came back in the summer, it was obvious he was hurt. He's matches with Punk were kept short and his role in the Fatal Four Way at Bragging Rights was his low point, as he was just god awful.

However, he has slowly came back to putting great match after great match. Slowly, we have noticed how his matches have passed from his 9 minute squashes on the Punkster to longer matches and most importantly, better matches. He was on fire during the Elimination Chamber and his matches against Rey Mysterio were amazing. It all culminates on a great match against HBK at Mania that even if you say wasn't better than the last, well, it's still an awesome match.

Can we safely say Undertaker is back to his older self of putting good match after good match? Is the Taker that based on his own effort could make a match against an inmobile monster enjoyable, and when placed with a great wrestler as himself would do wonders in the ring, back?

Reaction score
Tbh Taker is due to take his annual break when WWE tours Europe which means about 2-3 weeks to rest up, see doctors and go to physio. His knees maybe shot but it all depends on how successful his last surgery was. Takers go 2 years at most left in him. My next question is though after Taker who's going to take his role? Who do you honestly see taking over his role? Punk, Danielson or someone different? Back to Taker, I think he's back to old Taker but how long shall it last before knees lock up or get shot again?

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Nobody needs to 'take' The Undertaker's place. It isn't like he is a huge draw, I mean sure he is one of, if not the biggest name in the WWE next to Cena but it isn't like the WWE can't survive without him. They have shown that they can survive without him.

noumenon

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll still maintain his limited schedule. Just because he pulled out the stops for one incredible match with HBK doesn't mean he's miraculously healed of all his ailments.

CMS

Reaction score
Nah it's just not because of his match at Mania. It's about it in general. To me at least, Undertaker has improved leaps of what we saw of him in the ring in his feud with CM Punk

Reaction score
Undertaker's biggest problem is following the same pattern for 5 years where he takes lave after mania, comes back late summer for some matches, has a big fued for mania, and so one. I still love the guy but it may be time to take a year and see if he still wants to do it. I think Sting bought himself more time at 42 years of age in 2001 and was out of wrestling until 2006. Maybe Taker can do the same.