Is Hip Hop Dead.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

Twiztid? You don't know Twiztid? You listen to ICP? Are you a Juggalo?

straight_edge76

Yes yes and yes. It was just the way it was worded thats all it was a little confusing. MMFCL

Klide

So yea as most of you know I am ADDICTED to metal but the thing is most of the members who have been here more than a year and a half no that I was not always a Metal head. I used to be IWF's resident Hip Hop Addicted White Boy. But then shitty stuff started coming out like Soulja Boy and I ended up turning to Metal. I have however been starting to listen to some Hip Hop again and think I'm starting to get my taste back for it. Thing is I'm soooo outta the loop its not even funny. So point of this thread is I want suggestions on newer stuff from Late 08 and this year that proves Hip Hop is still good.

Ps: This in no way means I'm converting back I'm way to addicted to Metal I just wanna see whats good.
yeah man same here i was that break dancing hip hop azn dude in the past. then i listend to grunge and stuff went away. but im actually like hip hop now its acually being a lot better

Reaction score
Anybody that listens to mainstream radio fed Hip Hop is suffering from a lack of originality. Truth.

You don't turn on a free radio station to find "good" Hip Hop or Rap. You just don't. With the advent of Soulja Boy and other flash-in the pan "ringtone rappers", Hip Hop has been dying mainstream wise for years now. Mainstream Hip Hop has become the "Hair Metal of the 2000's": Someone takes one idea or trend and then EVERYBODY runs with it. If you watch damn near ANY music video you'll realize I'm right.

Mainstream "Metal" (because few bands are playing actual metal) is much in the same way, but that's another debate for another thread.

b52ravens

Reaction score
lol hip hop isn't dead. people are idiots for thinking that.

THERE IS GOOD MAINSTREAM RAP

jayz, nas, eminem, ti, the game, lupe fiasco, kid cudi, kanye west, 50 cent (eh, his past two mixtapes have be fire)

Yes, those guys are mainstream. soulja boy isnt the only mainstream artist, stop hating on only him. if you hate mainstream rap then hate on those i just listed above. soulja boy is doing his own thing just like those above, leave his ass alone if you don't like his music.

hip hop is not and never has been dead

straight_edge76

With the recent blow ups of newer MC's Like Ash Roth, Drake, Wale (If you consider him "blown up") and Cudi (Who I am for one not a nuge fan of) and the revivals of some of the more lyrical MC's (Eminem, Meth, Jigga etc) it seems that mainstream hip hop is getting to the state of it was 4-5 years ago

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
^AGREED! Alot of underground hiphop is where its at... listen to these artists and you'll see why:

Tech N9ne
Big B
La Coka Nostra
Kottonmouth Kings
Twiztid
Potluck

Them, and Slaughterhouse are by far the best rap groups out so far.

straight_edge76

From what i've heard from Slaughterhouse they are nothin' special imo...

and off topic-
JUST GOT my Tech N9ne Oct. 19th tix!!!!!!!!!!!!