Is all this new talent for wwe a good idea?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Missionary

Reaction score
Lets also add into the equation that WWE (last year specifically) also counted the FCW cuts as part of "freshening" up the roster.
Guys like Husky Harris and Dean Ambrose really need some time to shine on WWE (especially Husky's new hillbilly rapist preacher gimmick which is creepy as fuck). I honestly wouldn't even be slightly surprised if guys we love and enjoy like Miz, R-Truth, Kofi, and a few others end up on the chopping block.

Also WWE bringing in guys like "Tensai" and "Brock" is probably the best thing they could be doing right now. Its hard to build up new talent on their own (just ask any indy promoter) without the aid of veterans. The reason being is that most fans (casual and otherwise) will tune in to see a "familiar" face over a complete nobody. So bringing in those guys literally "puts" asses in seats and helps drive up sales. A LOT of fans I run into and talk with seem to all make the same mistake when trying to pre-judge what WWE will do. They look at the company as a wrestling promotion instead of trying to understand it as a movie company.

WWE hasn't been a wrestling promotion since 01. Easily. And thats just being "nice".

Also another thing unmentioned is the WWE Network that was bumped back till November. The network will feature TONS of new content being hosted by plenty of stars of past and present (much like the YT channel, which seems to be a "trial and error platform before WEE-N launch"). This could also fix one of the companies biggest problems; keeping guys fresh. WWE is pretty notorious for its work schedule and for losing guys to injury etc. With more talent and the network WWE could easily rotate guys off the main roster and throw them in front of a green screen for a few months to freshen them up to the audience whilest, still remaining relevant to the fans in a way.

Also on a side note, WWE right now is hiring like a MAD PSYCHO-PATH. In the last couple months they've hired over 200 employees for "WWE Films" alone. I imagine alot of these employees will also transfer over to the new network when its launched as well as a TON MORE new employees jumping on board when the network physically launches.

All in all more talent = a good thing. It means that the company in itself is doing better and can "afford" to spend a little more to try and increse the value of their shows.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Who all have they brought in now? Ryback, Tensai, Clay, Cesaro, and Sandow? I mean, that's only 5 not counting O'Neil and Young coming up from NXT and Lesnar who probably won't do a lot of in-ring stuff for months at a time. You could easily cut people to decrease that load.

Such as Tatsu, Slater, Baretta, JTG, Bourne, Tamina, DiBiase and McIntyre. They all could be cut for various reasons, mostly because several of them will never be over with the WWE fans, or that they simply serve no purpose and probably never will. I'm astounded that JTG is still on contract, by the way. Plus, we've got Bourne serving his second suspension, so I wouldn't be shocked.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I'd much rather watch this new talent come in right now...the bulk of the guys coming from FCW are established wrestlers around the world as it is, so you know they won't be a bust in the ring.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Who all have they brought in now? Ryback, Tensai, Clay, Cesaro, and Sandow? I mean, that's only 5 not counting O'Neil and Young coming up from NXT and Lesnar who probably won't do a lot of in-ring stuff for months at a time. You could easily cut people to decrease that load.

Such as Tatsu, Slater, Baretta, JTG, Bourne, Tamina, DiBiase and McIntyre. They all could be cut for various reasons, mostly because several of them will never be over with the WWE fans, or that they simply serve no purpose and probably never will. I'm astounded that JTG is still on contract, by the way. Plus, we've got Bourne serving his second suspension, so I wouldn't be shocked.

There's also a lot returning. Christian, Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, Wade Barrett and all of the NXT rookies. So I'm just thinking about how wwe can come up with storylines for all of them. Ryback has squahed jobbers for weeks, Sandow hasn't wrestled yet, Tensai has no storyline, Clay is just getting a storyline and Cesaro doesn't have one yet. It's just concerning to me that's all.

For the record, these are the stars I think will be released

Heath Slater
Ezekiel Jackson
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu
Alex Riley