Is all this new talent for wwe a good idea?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Over the last two months, WWE has debuted many new faces. Also they've brought back some old ones. And many injured stars are close to returning. But is there really room for all this talent. I mean how can WWE come up with a storyline for all of these guys.

What are your thoughts

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Over the last two months, WWE has debuted many new faces. Also they've brought back some old ones. And many injured stars are close to returning. But is there really room for all this talent. I mean how can WWE come up with a storyline for all of these guys.

What are your thoughts

They're struggling to an extent. Most of the newbies brought in/back have been heels (or tweener in Brock's case), and Tensai, Ryback & Clay have all had pretty much the same into, come in and squash people until further notice. Creativity certainly isn't present.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Well, if Brodus gets into a program with Satino and American Perfection there's a storyline for him. Tensai seems to have some sort of hand in the Cena and Lesnar feud so that's pretty luxurious. And Ryback, well, he's just lying in wait. You can't say at this point they're not doing anything with them because through these squashes, they are establishing them. They may not have storylines planned in length (though with Tensai and Brodus I'd say they do) but that's not to say they can't make something out of themselves while they wait. A lot of fans don't see squashed like they used to, back when 3/4 of the match on some WWE programming was squash matches, but it's an effective tool and doesn't devalue the promotion, because in a lot of cases they can still be entertaining and they don't steal the spotlight from anyone else.

I think it's a great idea. You could argue that guys like R-Truth and Drew McIntyre right now are already struggling to get on TV on a regular basis, but that could be because there's no one credible enough for them to feud with on TV. Introducing these new guys is an opportunity to give more feuds to more people and more airtime because of it. I personally think it makes more sense to have a Ryback vs. McIntyre feud than it would be to have a Johnny Curtis vs. McIntyre feud (though it would be entertaining).

And now we have Cesaro coming up and really, there's no telling what he'll be doing. Presumably, something involving Theodore Long and Big Johnny, but you can't tell based off of the 2 minutes he was on-screen on Smackdown. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Word is that Triple H didn't want creative to bring superstars from FCW or from other promotions to wwe unless they had months of storyline planning for them. So I don't know but it seems like an awful lot if talent in such a short time. Wwe is expected to release some stars soon but that's not going to make it easier to come up with storylines for the existing ones. Well see how it goes but I'm very skeptical at this point.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I have no beef with using squashes to establish talent, but doing it so much with so many people dilutes the effect.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I have no beef with using squashes to establish talent, but doing it so much with so many people dilutes the effect.

How long do you think it'll be before ryback gets an actual feud

Postman Dave

Reaction score
at least another month. Not a clue who against though. A young gun going after Mark Henry would be cool, plus any defeats wouldn't hurt him too much since it's against Henry.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
at least another month. Not a clue who against though. A young gun going after Mark Henry would be cool, plus any defeats wouldn't hurt him too much since it's against Henry.

Personally I hope its even longer than that, I love the squashes and I probably won't get tired of them anytime soon.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Personally I hope its even longer than that, I love the squashes and I probably won't get tired of them anytime soon.

I've only seen his last one where he MURDERED that guy with a clothesline. They're fun, but we both know it can't last forever.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I've only seen his last one where he MURDERED that guy with a clothesline. They're fun, but we both know it can't last forever.

No, I know, I was exaggerating in that last post. Realistically I see him killing guys for no more than another month, and potentially even less time than that. It's just a question now of who they get to have him feud with? Personally I think they should feed Khali to him and have him murder the dude. Regardless of whether we like him or not, Khali is over and a win over him would certainly help Ryback immediately.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't love squashes. One or two is ok but when you keep it going for so long like Brodus Clay did it's ridiculous.

Missionary

Reaction score
No love loss for Ryback here. Bland overused gimmick is bland and overused.

I don't necessarily see WWE struggling for exposing new talent, but it's definitely no secret that the "infamous" cuts are coming right around the corner. I think this is WWE's way of giving some new blood a chance while getting ready to permanently "backburner" the rest of the roster.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
No love loss for Ryback here. Bland overused gimmick is bland and overused.

I don't necessarily see WWE struggling for exposing new talent, but it's definitely no secret that the "infamous" cuts are coming right around the corner. I think this is WWE's way of giving some new blood a chance while getting ready to permanently "backburner" the rest of the roster.

They can't just release as many superstars as they brought in

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They can't just release as many superstars as they brought in

Actually they can and they just might.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
There is a good portion of the roster that the WWE can really do without...that includes Raw, Smackdown, and NXT