Is Alexa the "Jinder" of the Women's Division?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is Alexa Bliss the "Jinder Mahal" of the Women's Division?

• Yes She Is...but at least she doesn't have Backne...

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No She Isn't...And its time for your Meds Grievous...

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so I didn't write this piece...I simply found it on my internet travels...
but I did find it a very interesting read and thought I'd share it with you guys
to see what you all think.

Why Alexa Bliss is RAW's Jinder Mahal

Now in a lot of ways I agree with the points made in the article...but that
could be just because I'm sick of Alexa being Champion and going over
women who I consider to be better in-ring workers.

Now don't get me wrong...mic skills & character work are important in
wrestling...I just think the "Champions" should be able to put on a higher
standard of match...meaning the title matches themselves are great and
therefore elevate the title being fought over.

(Hence why I'm extremely happy Styles is the World Champion again...the
guy is an amazing worker and can put on a great match with anyone...even
if his feud with Owens fell short of my expectations)

Alexa (much like Jinder) doesn't/hasn't done that.

Anyway...let me know what you think about this article...and as always...
I'll see you all...around the traps.

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
NOPE! Disagree. I'm a huge fan of hers, have been since she turned heel down in NXT. No she's not the best worker in the company, but it's like you mentioned — in-ring work isn't the end-all be-all when it comes to prowrestling.

I also think the title has more value than say, the Intercontinental title. Because as much as Miz likes to say that he's "elevated it" and "made it relevant again" and all that shit, during these past few weeks in particular it's just been... THERE. Miz himself is a big deal, but the title's been an afterthought.

With Alexa you at least see that the belt matters to her and she's recently defended it.

:bliss: Now GO TAKE THOSE MEDS!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I have to disagree. Her ring skills are respectable and her character work is great given the material WWE gives her. The difference between her and Jinder is that she had a proper build to being a top gal in the Women's Division, debuting on Smackdown and fighting for almost half a year before getting the belt. While people disagree with her being thrust to top heel on Raw, she proved herself on Smackdown and it did create a storyline of a someone being given an automatic shot and creating a natural animosity. The storyline though hurt a lot due to WWE poor handling of it and really hurt what was a once over character in Bayley, they were dumb and did a "this is your life segment" which buried Bayley (especially with her getting zero retaliation from it) and also the poor Kendo Stick on a Pole match which was hurt by a bad stipulation and no time.

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Well, Alexa makes me want to kill myself and Jinder doesn't so no... just worse.

but in terms of actual nonopinion based stuff no she's only about the same work wise but character and promo ability shes better then Jinder by a little bit but in terms of being on top for too long I would suggest that they're the same in that facture aswell.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
OMG... "going over better ring workers" or whatever. Get over it. Vince doesn't give a shit if you're a good little worker. There are plenty of those. Who puts the asses in the seats? Alexa.

Crash

Reaction score
Most overrated female wrestler in the world right now. I don't see any similarity with Mahal tho. She is basically the new AJ Lee, in my opinion... Good looking girl, decent annoying heel but no talent.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't get what happened. Everyone was all about Bliss and now it seems like a lot of fans just don't want to see her on the show.
I don't think she has gotten any better or any worse... Maybe that is the issue? Or like mentioned above... She was just overrated out the gate and it finally caught up.

Legit Legend

The Artiste
Reaction score
Imma Alexa Bliss fanboy till the day i die so i prob shouldn't be here... But will agree she is a bit overrated... I mean i love seeing her happy as RAW womens champ but WWE needs to give other women a title reign every once in awhile this is coming from a reasonable non fanboy perspective... My fanboy perspective ill try to keep tucked away on this thread... And i dont see anything that makes her in anyway like Jinder only reason Jinder won the title to begin with was to appeal to people in india and sell merch... Alexa actually cares about the title

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
No she's not. I am not really a fan of hers and I feel there are women who would be much better champions, but there are differences that are important. First, Alexa wasn't a jobber for years who suddenly out of the blue got elevated to the biggest title in the sport. Second, Jinder did not improve at all as champion. Although Alexa is still not as good, IMO, as many women who are on the roster, she has improved since she became champion.

Jinder's biggest problem was that he was put in the position he was in simply because of his ancestry. Former jobbers become champion all the time, although it is normally after a period of improvement. Jinder didn't show that improvement. He basically got jacked up, won a battle royal and became champion...then proceeded to have bad match after bad match since becoming champion.

Now, I might agree that both are/were champions that keep going over more talented wrestlers, but that's really been the story of the WWE for decades now. We sometimes get a world champion on top that is completely top tier, like Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Steve Austin etc... but it never is consistent.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
I agree that I am getting a bit tired of them forcing Bliss down everyone's throat so much, and even though she has improved in the ring she still has miles to go.
However she still has more charisma in her pinky finger, then Jinder has in his whole buffed body.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I like Alexa. She is not a great technical wrestler like Charlotte, but her acrobatic ability makes up for it somewhat.

Alexa shines on the mic. She has a classic heel attitude and she plays it perfectly. I enjoy her as champ quite a bit, and even root for her.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I like Alexa. She is not a great technical wrestler like Charlotte, but her acrobatic ability makes up for it somewhat.

Alexa shines on the mic. She has a classic heel attitude and she plays it perfectly. I enjoy her as champ quite a bit, and even root for her.
Now...I originally was 110% behind the Alexa Bliss push while she was on SmackDown...
even if in hindsight she made Becky In The Sky With Diamonds look kind of pathetic...
but that was okay because the WWE was pushing new talent and Alexa was not given
enough opportunities in NXT.

tumblr_oo8asx_Ke_PB1ux0q3go1_540ver.2.png

Then...she was drafted to RAW...and the push continued...and in doing so (IMO) took
the main heel role from Sasha (literally Alexa showed up just as Sasha was about to
turn on Bayley...watch the segment again) and then made Bayley look like a blueberry,
made Sasha look pathetic and has basically been put over every other woman on
the brand until recently when Asuka, Paige, Mandy & Sonya arrived.

In fact...lets look at the performers Alexa Bliss has defeated in title matches...
Becky Lynch...(Multiple times...Ugh...)
Bayley...(Three times...)
Sasha Banks...(Twice)
Emma...
Nia Jax...
Mickie James...(Twice)

Since her main roster debut...Alexa hasn't put anyone over except Naomi (I can
remember 4 times Naomi cleanly defeated Alexa) and one could argue that only
happened because they had decided to move Alexa to RAW anyway.

I've heard that Absolution are being built up as a group so they can they be "fed"
to Alexa...and I could see it happening because I doubt the WWE would put the title
on Paige after everything that has happened in the last 2 years and I doubt Mandy
or Sonya would get that kind of push straight out of the gate.

I'm actually terrified that the WWE will have Alexa be the one to end Asuka's streak...
which would just be the worst thing ever.

Yes...Alexa has a sexy, marketable look, is great on mic & she plays the "Stuck Up,
Entitled Bitch" character well...but that's all she's done since arriving on the main
roster...and frankly...her in-ring skills are pretty poor & I'm yet to see her have a decent
match since her first title match she had against Becky last year on SmackDown.

And honestly...Alexa is just too short & small to be such a "dominate" champion.
Its getting hard for me to suspend my disbelief at this point.

Just grab the little bitch & throw her around till she stops moving.

I guess I'm just tired of her being so dominant...I mean even Charlotte had "help"
during most of her heel title run...and at least Charlotte is literally an Amazon & looks
the part of a "Dominant Athletic Champion"

Carmella said it best when she called Alexa "Polly Pocket"

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Now...I originally was 110% behind the Alexa Bliss push while she was on SmackDown...
even if in hindsight she made Becky In The Sky With Diamonds look kind of pathetic...
but that was okay because the WWE was pushing new talent and Alexa was not given

Then...she was drafted to RAW...and the push continued...and in doing so (IMO) took
the main heel role from Sasha (literally Alexa showed up just as Sasha was about to
turn on Bayley...watch the segment again) and then made Bayley look like a blueberry,

In fact...lets look at the performers Alexa Bliss has defeated in title matches...
Sasha Banks...(Twice)
Emma...
Nia Jax...
Mickie James...(Twice)

I've heard that Absolution are being built up as a group so they can they be "fed"
to Alexa...and I could see it happening because I doubt the WWE would put the title
on Paige after everything that has happened in the last 2 years and I doubt Mandy

I'm actually terrified that the WWE will have Alexa be the one to end Asuka's streak...

Yes...Alexa has a sexy, marketable look, is great on mic & she plays the "Stuck Up,
Entitled Bitch" character well...but that's all she's done since arriving on the main
roster...and frankly...her in-ring skills are pretty poor & I'm yet to see her have a decent

And honestly...Alexa is just too short & small to be such a "dominate" champion.

I guess I'm just tired of her being so dominant...I mean even Charlotte had "help"
during most of her heel title run...and at least Charlotte is literally an Amazon & looks

Alexa is definitely not the one to end Asuka’s undefeated streak. That would be beyond stupid. As much as I like her she is not a credible threat to Asuka.

They have kind of painted themselves in a corner with Asuka. I am not a fan of the “undefeated” angle. It was dumb with Goldberg and I don’t like it now, even as much as I like Asuka. At this point there isn’t a good choice for who finally defeats her. And their only other option is to put the belt on her.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Asuka take the title from Alexa. They could have some good storylines with Alexa and the other girls trying to take her down. Lots of cheating, unfair teaming up, run ins, distractions and etc...might be interesting, but I don’t claim to have any talent for booking

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Alexa is definitely not the one to end Asuka’s undefeated streak. That would be beyond stupid. As much as I like her she is not a credible threat to Asuka.
Hear Hear!

They have kind of painted themselves in a corner with Asuka. I am not a fan of the “undefeated” angle. It was dumb with Goldberg and I don’t like it now, even as much as I like Asuka. At this point there isn’t a good choice for who finally defeats her. And their only other option is to put the belt on her.
The WWE should have her win the belt at Wrestlemania...
only for Carmella to cash in on her...

I can see it now...Asuka defeats Alexa after she tries
every dirty trick in the book but Asuka finally gets her
in the Asuka lock and forces Bliss to tap out.

The crowd goes crazy & Asuka celebrates only for...

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S...

The crowd goes nuts as Asuka looks up the entrance
ramp...only for Carmella to climb out from under the ring
and attack Asuka with the briefcase...possibly busting
Asuka open in the process.

Carmella cashes in and the match starts...hits a superkick
and goes for the pin...but Asuka kicks out.

Carmella then hits another superkick but instead of going
for the pin she locks in the Code of Silence. Asuka fights
her way to ropes and breaks the hold...only for Carmella
to hit a third superkick before locking in the Code of Silence
for the final time as Asuka passes out in the hold, possibly
in a pool of her own blood.

Carmella is then drafted (by the belt) to RAW the next night
& Mickie James or Alicia Fox is sent to SmackDown in a
one on one exchange.

Asuka then goes on a rampage (and possibly turns heel
maybe?) while Carmella teams up with Alexa & Nia in
some kind of NXT/Total Divas faction.

Or...if you simply wanted the cash in/streak broken...then
have Asuka win the title back on SmackDown in a squash
match two nights later.

That's what I'd do...not that you asked...but that's how I'd
book Asuka's first defeat & Carmella's Wrestlemania cash
in.

Reactions: collim1

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb

Sasha Banks...(Twice)
Emma...
Nia Jax...
Mickie James...(Twice)

I'm not complaining lmao