Is a Booker T comeback on the cards.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just had a feeling watching this week's Smackdown, during the Cody Rhodes match, as once again Booker was handled one of the bags to place on his head, and once again he got upset, and it seemed to be flagged up on commentary.

I can't see them have him return to the ring full-time, but is a one off feud with Rhodes possible, or do you think he might become a manager for someone feuding with Rhodes. I just have a feeling there might be more to this, than Booker just being a face annoucer, and Cody choosing to insult him because of it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can see Booker T making somewhat regular inring appearances not a full on feud but the odd match here and there. He is still in fantastic shape so he will easily be able to do it, hell look at Jerry Lawler who is still doing it on RAW. A one off match with Rhodes wouldn't be out of the question and I wouldn't mind seeing it on Smackdown. I don't see him moving off the commentary booth especially since he has only recently found his feet and has been improving. A role similar to Lawler's will most likely happen for him.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
He's appears to be in good enough shape from the few short matches he has already had so I'd be all for it. Could help Rhodes by putting him over as well.

Lucky

Reaction score
Well from what I understood when he signed he signed on to be a commentator and wrestle a few matches. By working him in to face a few talents it mixes things up a bit since clearly he's in good enough shape to continue.

Full-time comeback no, wrestler a few matches here and there, absolutely.

Let's put it this way: I see Booker T wrestling more matches than Triple H this year.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Booker coming back full time is soemthing I don't see happening. He will wrestle a few matches like everyone said. But his current job is commentary. Which I think he would be better at, if he didn't have Michael Cole totally burying him every 3 minutes. I wish he would beat the shit out of Cole soon.

Lucky

Reaction score
God, don't wish for that. We've had enough physical encounters between announcers for the decade.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not saying I want a feud, just saying I wish Booker T would beat Cole worse than he beat up Batista.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
An actual shoot beating of cole would be goregous. I dunno about this Booker T coming back scenario. Because in the scenario you have him facing Cody Rhodes I'm sorry but I think that'd be a waste of Bookers skills cause I don't see Rhodes going far with this Blue bag gimmick so why have booker give up a match to him. I mean once you lose so many matches you've lost the value of your name.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. Yeah Booker did look great in his match with Swagger a few weeks back, and I think he is the type who could get a really good match out of Rhodes, and also put him over really strong.

2. Personally I quite like the banter between Cole and Booker, weather it is something that could ever create serious heat, I am not so sure. Trouble with Cole right now is they can't seem to make up their minds if he is suposed to be heel or face.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am sure that if they wrestled Rhodes and Booker would have a good match and Booker would do the job to make him look good.

I would prefer it if Cole remained on RAW so that there are just the two on Smackdown to commentate on the matches. It gets a bit crowded when there are angles going on in the booth rather than having two guys discuss the action and storylines to go with it.