• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
Why is John Cena considered what Jim Ross quote's "A Controversial Champion??

Is it because the fact that the WWE has realised most people dont like Cena? So they arent going to have a parade about him as though it isnt true so by saying hes a controversial champion, its indicating that some people like him & some people dont.

Controversial or not, Cena's lengthy reign has made him one thing with in some parts of the world, widely hated.

So will Cena ever be out the title scene?

Most likely yeah , if fans keep talking about him and his merchanise sales aren't going down , he will be the main money maker for Vinnie Mac. Once fans stop talking about him and his merchanise sale begin to slow down , Vince will pull the plug on him thus making him yet another expenable asset.

I always thought he looked like a Blue gorilla stomping around to a chorus of BOOS.

As for why John Cena is the way he is...two words...Vince McMahon. He is the sole reason we have to put up with John Cena and his stale act.

If he would wake up and hear the BOOS Cena gets on a constant basis then maybe things would change. This guy is 20 years behind the times.

Thank goodness the Italian crowd has some sense and aren't the brainless sheep Vince thought they would be.

I'm out.

CenaMark54

because 55% of the wrestling world hates him.

Its not even close to 55%. I would say more like 20%. He still gets the biggest face reaction outside of an Austin or Hogan appearance.

JR just calls him controversial to explain the mixed reaction he gets in certain places. Its like when JR said he got booed at last years Mania because there are lots of traditional fans in Chicago.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I hope Cena does drop out of the title pictue because I for one, and most of the wrestling fans who know what talent is, are tired of seeing Cena.

CenaMark54

^^^I know talent enough to know that Cena has it. He puts on good matches on a consistent basis and is entertaining. What else does he need to do.

X-Pac

Reaction score
What else does he need to do? Well he needs to step down and let some other guys get the gold is what he needs to do. If you knew talent you would know Cena has none, Vince should let HBK or Orton win the title at backlash.

PieMan

Reaction score
Iam only tired of seing him with the belt and him being made like superman. they should really turn him heel as he IS good on the mic, and hes already got heat.None the less john cena is a good assest for the wwe

P.S Remeber How hated the rock was.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Dont expect him to drop out of the title picture anytime soon, whether "we" like him or not he is an asset, to WWE and arguable the biggest draw. Yeah i dont hate him or anything I just don't think he should be Champion. I for 1 am just sick and tired of him being champion, and JR just calls him "controversial" to explain why he is a face champion who gets booed. He should drop the belt at Backlash to Orton and then turn heel cuz he already gets a heel reaction.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
What else does he need to do? Well he needs to step down and let some other guys get the gold is what he needs to do. If you knew talent you would know Cena has none, Vince should let HBK or Orton win the title at backlash.

So Cena should step down so HBK could win the title... That totally makes sense.

HBK = Future of the WWE.

CenaMark54

I really don't want to get into it, but to say Cena does not have talent is just shortsighted. You are only saying he has no talent because you either don't like him or you are sick of him. I have been sick of HBK for 15 years. I wouldn't say he has no talent. Cena has put on great matches with everyone he has wrestled. His mic skills are outstanding. He can play a heel and faced well. He is young. He is charismatic. Bottomline he sells. No talent hacks do not sell.

Cena has been a huge draw as champion. There are only three wrestlers ever who are bigger draws, Hogan, Austin, and the Rock. It takes some form of talent to be one of the top four drawing wrestlers of all time.

Now I can agree, Cena needs to drop the belt. But why drop it to someone who was in his prime over 10 years ago? HBK does not need the belt. HBK holding the belt isn't going to bring in any new viewers, increase rating or draw strong buyrates. At this point a title change could potentially create a huge star. Cena has held the belt so long that people are dying for a title change and are ready to absolutely worship the man that does it. This shouldn't be someone who is set to retire within the next few years. Edge has already benefited greatly by taking the belt off Cena, he doesn't need the rub. The man that needs to take the belt off Cena is Orton. Hardcore Cena fans will boo him to death. Cena haters will praise him as the second coming. Either way, he will get a huge reaction and a new upper level star is created who will be around for the next 15 years.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I for won would worship Orton (or anyone within reason) if they were to pin Cena cleanly to win the title.

CenaMark54

^^^Someone else might win, but Cena won't be the one to get pinned thats for sure.

I seriously don't see Cena being beaten cleanly for another couple of years.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I wish Cena would just drop the belt already, and for a couple of months be out of the WWE title picture(like 2-4 months)....I know he's the biggest draw and he sells the most merchandise and all that good stuff,but I personally think Cena would be better in the role of the 'hunter' instead of being the 'hunted'.

Great One

Now I can agree, Cena needs to drop the belt. But why drop it to someone who was in his prime over 10 years ago? HBK does not need the belt. HBK holding the belt isn't going to bring in any new viewers, increase rating or draw strong buyrates. At this point a title change could potentially create a huge star. Cena has held the belt so long that people are dying for a title change and are ready to absolutely worship the man that does it. This shouldn't be someone who is set to retire within the next few years. Edge has already benefited greatly by taking the belt off Cena, he doesn't need the rub. The man that needs to take the belt off Cena is Orton. Hardcore Cena fans will boo him to death. Cena haters will praise him as the second coming. Either way, he will get a huge reaction and a new upper level star is created who will be around for the next 15 years.
I 100% agree with that last statement, Orton needs to steal the show and beat Cena CLEAN maybe a face Orton vs. heel Cena feud where the turns happen during the feud if you know what I mean.